Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Are we obsessed with villa?

That is certainly interesting. Bloke trawls through pages and pages of Norwich City forum posts to make a case that we are obsessed with them? That lack of self-awareness would make him fit in nicely among some of our posters.

• Haha 1

Oh and any idea who they might be talking about here?

"Yeah they start new threads for every half thought that pops into their heads there, makes their site unreadable."

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

"Yeah they start new threads for every half thought that pops into their heads there, makes their site unreadable."

I love being famous 😇

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

They clearly haven’t been on TWTD 😁

• Like 1

Some certainly appear to be, like Leeds had with us a few years ago……for me I’ve never liked Villa nor Birmingham, don’t mind Covvy….. Villa have the same set of fans as Leeds & Everton, think they’re clubs the same stature as Liverpool or Man U, delusions of grandeur….

Edited by Indy

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/22553-pre-match-thread/

I'm famous! Interesting to see they are claming we are obsessed with them by bringing up months old threads. Not really any of them on the front page and not been for, well, months

The irony of you creating a thread asking if 'we' are obsessed with Villa when 4 out of the 7 threads shown as evidence are from you...

image.thumb.png.da4184b7e8366b7f0b96af88f3beae14.png

image.png.8ebdc5d47e8ca00df7992a851bb58764.png

11 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

The irony of you creating a thread asking if 'we' are obsessed with Villa when 4 out of the 7 threads shown as evidence are from you...

image.thumb.png.da4184b7e8366b7f0b96af88f3beae14.png

image.png.8ebdc5d47e8ca00df7992a851bb58764.png

GEE IT'S NOT LIKE I SAID 'IM FAMOUS!' IMPLYING I'M WELL AWARE OF THAT OR ANYTHING AND THAT'S THE ENTIRE JOKE

Bealive it or not I do and can laugh at myself

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Can you do it on a cold rainy night in Stoke, though?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

GEE IT'S NOT LIKE I SAID 'IM FAMOUS!' IMPLYING I'M WELL AWARE OF THAT OR ANYTHING AND THAT'S THE ENTIRE JOKE

I'm not saying you aren't a good sport, I appreciate you acknowledged that they were your threads and joked that you were 'famous'. But I don't think you acknowledged the irony in your thread title, pretty funny how the below now reads:

image.thumb.png.afe89c4c79d4335d9897f15933fa30a0.png

image.png.ad1bb7261761d693bcf676d44e8b22b2.png

It isn't hugely surprising we have had a few threads about Villa, they signed our best player in the summer and were heavily linked with another one.

The Sheffield United threads from last season were bordering on obsessive though.

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

The Sheffield United threads from last season were bordering on obsessive though.

Don't think so. Two years ago Sheffield United were used as a stick to beat our club with and their business that season was mentioned at every opportunity at how we should have done things. Sheffield United fans are not best pleased with Wilder and the state he left them in.

It was only natural that was going to revisited last season. Perhaps posters don't like having their feet held to the fire but I think it's only fair. There's always going to be another QPR / Swansea / Derby / Sheffield United / Brentford for fans to want us to be at any point in time.

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'm famous! Interesting to see they are claming we are obsessed with them by bringing up months old threads. Not really any of them on the front page and not been for, well, months

Is the message less threads CC? Because the message looks like less threads. 

Answer no.

my obsessions :

Gippeswyk

other close watches- whoever we are playing next, whoever is a relegation rival

plus Plymouth, Palace, wba

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"We" are not, but you most certainly are.........

• Like 1

There is a real irony in this as it's Cambridge making a joke out of someone bringing up posts on their forum to suggest we as a group of fans are obsessed to laugh at them, who are laughing at us and mainly the person who has gone onto their forum to find them laughing at us for exactly that sort of behaviour...

Sheesh. I mean, it is kinda funny, but although you want the joke to be sort of on you Cam, it also doesn't look great starting another thread to prove them right does it?

Do folk really trundle on through other clubs fans forums? I know we get the occasional friendly visitor like the Villa fan. It just seems a strange hobby to have to me. 

He did score that great goal in the FA final!

39 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I've often said some of our fans have this bizzare obsession with Villa, never understood it. 

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Personally I'm not. No. I hope that clears up the matter. 

As Villa are the main supported team where I live, I always show an interest in how they are getting on. I don’t see any obsession on either side. We are allowed to talk about other teams, as are they. 

half the problem is the media linking half of our players to them. It makes for bad blood and comments.