Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Buendia reception?

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

I think he deserves a genttle ripple of applause. Kind of depends on what happens during the game and if he starts. If he is a sub then he will obviously have to warm up down by the Barclay/Snake pit, hopefully they wont give him any stick.

A nice rendition of "You're ****, that's why you're a sub" sung in jest do you think? 

• Like 1

Jumped ship to join Aston '****ing' Villa and people want to applaud him. Only at Norwich. Any self respecting fan will make his life hell and concentrate on supporting their own players.

All the best. Big Keith Scott.

I'd say just ignore him.... maybe (if we've won) give him a warm round of applause if he acknowledges the crowd at the end.

Buendia is a strange one for me, I recognise that he is a brilliant somewhat unique player that we are fortunate to have had but I never really 'took' to him. Maybe it was always obvious that he never really became part of the club and we were just his employer.

Despite his brilliant skill and the fact that he probably did more than anyone to bring us the two promotions, I just don't view him as a 'legend'. He's certainly no where near the likes of Huckerby, Holt, Wes etc. But I'd not even put him on par with the likes of Maddison and Pukki - despite the fact he probably contributed as least as much to our success...  he just never seemed like 'one of us'.

• Like 2

He's the lucky one to have ever had the honour to have played for us in my view, if I was going to the game I'd boo him.

Couldn't give a damn how any ex player gets on after they've left us, we class ex players as legends far to easily imo.

Hucks is a true legend, was here for many years even though he could easily have left and made more.#

Far to many jump ship at the first opportunity.

5 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Before/after the game fine - but during?  I remember matches where ex-players would come across to the touchline or corner flag during the game and get a ripple of applause.....now I just don't understand that.  Maybe heroic players like Wes or even Maddison, but Buendia?  Really don't think he deserves hero status after clearly wanting to leave and settling for Villa.

Applause before, give him a hard time during the match and if we are fortunate enough to beat his side, wave him goodbye with an ironic cheer/round of applause.

Your logic seems flawed.

Maddison wanted leave, and settled for a similarly sized club. Wes also wanted to leave... for Villa!

In terms of hero status, surely Buendia is held in higher regard than Maddison? He is in my book. Achieved far more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rock bus said:

I'd say just ignore him.... maybe (if we've won) give him a warm round of applause if he acknowledges the crowd at the end.

Buendia is a strange one for me, I recognise that he is a brilliant somewhat unique player that we are fortunate to have had but I never really 'took' to him. Maybe it was always obvious that he never really became part of the club and we were just his employer.

Despite his brilliant skill and the fact that he probably did more than anyone to bring us the two promotions, I just don't view him as a 'legend'. He's certainly no where near the likes of Huckerby, Holt, Wes etc. But I'd not even put him on par with the likes of Maddison and Pukki - despite the fact he probably contributed as least as much to our success...  he just never seemed like 'one of us'.

Really?

Buendia was always posting positive things about Norwich. Same when interviewed too. He came across as nothing but genuine (to me at least), who gave his all for the shirt. 

6 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Your logic seems flawed.

Maddison wanted leave, and settled for a similarly sized club. Wes also wanted to leave... for Villa!

In terms of hero status, surely Buendia is held in higher regard than Maddison? He is in my book. Achieved far more.

Maddison was sold to balance the books. He settled for the former premier league champions. I’m not sure that is a similar sized club!

7 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Before/after the game fine - but during?  I remember matches where ex-players would come across to the touchline or corner flag during the game and get a ripple of applause.....now I just don't understand that.  Maybe heroic players like Wes or even Maddison, but Buendia?  Really don't think he deserves hero status after clearly wanting to leave and settling for Villa.

Applause before, give him a hard time during the match and if we are fortunate enough to beat his side, wave him goodbye with an ironic cheer/round of applause.

give him a hard time during the match and if we are fortunate enough to beat his side, wave him goodbye with an ironic cheer/round of applause.

👋🖕🤣

3 hours ago, kdncfc said:

He's the lucky one to have ever had the honour to have played for us in my view, if I was going to the game I'd boo him.

Couldn't give a damn how any ex player gets on after they've left us, we class ex players as legends far to easily imo.

Hucks is a true legend, was here for many years even though he could easily have left and made more.#

Far to many jump ship at the first opportunity.

****! He contributed in a huge way to the best football seen at Carrow Road in 2 decades. Clap him with class then hope he gets sent off quickly if starting. 

Just putting it out there, has it ever occurred to anybody that the story of him being desperate to leave us might just be a bit of politics from the club. We’ll never know, but it’s more beneficial for Webber to tell us Buendia wanted to leave than he tell us we wanted to cash in. It’s no skin of Emi’s nose.

I’ll be disappointed if people boo him.