Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Buendia reception?

If Grealish ,a lifetime Villa fan ..and someone who had a major hand in getting them promoted and then keeping them up can be roundly booed upon his return to Villa Pk a couple of weeks ago....its not beyond the realms that there 'might' be the odd one for him on Tuesday.

The way he sneaked out of the door at the first opportunity this summer having told us that 'he won't be playing for us again' leaves a slightly bad taste.

He'll get a good reception , I'd imagine but the best way we can get one over on him is to beat him on the pitch...and better still provoke him into one if his petulant red cards

...this is all of course assuming he isnt an unused sub

• Like 1

I hope, and i suspect, that he gets a good reception, one of the best players I have seen in the yellow and green. Tbh, I think Webber was just as keen to generate some funds from a big sale this summer as Buendia was keen to move. 

• Like 4

Should be more positive than negative, really. He's given us some cracking moments and to some extent, we never had the chance to say goodbye either with his leaving at the end of the season. I'd actually say Grealish is probably more likely to get shi*e simply as he always claimed to be one of them as Villa fans before clearing off.

Should be positive, especially as he didn't 'leave at the first opportunity'. He stayed and got us promoted when it seems fairly clear he wished to leave at the start of that season. 

Applaud before and after the game. During it, he's the enemy. 

• Like 3

He was great for us, he did manufacture the move, which I understand, but It probably did not help us stay up.  I will give him a little cheer, then ignore him, unless he starts getting wound up and it could help us win.

Love the kid but tactically we should p1ss  him off as much as possible! We know he can be hot headed! 

• Like 2

He is no longer of any interest to me, and I suspect Norwich fans are no longer of any interest to him.

I will ignore him as I do all other Villa players. Not interested in the slightest. Best way to upset him is to ignore him. We all know what a drama queen he us and I hope we target that to make him less effective.

We all clapped Skipp the other week and he played a blinder and was the best Midfielder on the park. I say lets Boo EB before the game then clap him afterwards.

Edited by spencer 1970

Having watched his last season's goals and assist countless times, I couldn't make myself booing Buendia. After all, we sold him for what was a club record, so all the best for him. Hopefully he's not going to show his best against us tomorrow.    

I'll remain quiet, he doesn't deserve boo's, but also doesn't deserve applause for the manner of his exit 

• Like 1

I hope he'll get a rousing reception when the Villa team is announced, and another rousing reception when he's sent off after half an hour. Surely those City players who were here last season know exactly how to push his buttons.

I think he deserves a genttle ripple of applause. Kind of depends on what happens during the game and if he starts. If he is a sub then he will obviously have to warm up down by the Barclay/Snake pit, hopefully they wont give him any stick.

13 hours ago, percy varco said:

Nicey nicey Norwich. He will be cheered and clapped and videoed and photographed on phones even though he wanted to leave. 

Yes, he signalled that he wanted to leave at the beginning of last season. He then went on to have an excellent season, near enough single-handedly got us promoted, earned us a record sale and got a call up into the Argentina squad. 

Booing will almost certainly fire him up, which will either inspire a motm performance or get him sent off. 

He's hardly a club legend, he was only around for 3 years and jumped ship pretty quickly.

He deserves a ripple of applause, as you would give for any ex-player who did a good job. But after that initial reception, in my eyes, he's just another Villa player and one who's buttons the fans should be trying to push.

No adulation please. He manufactured a move away from our club and clearly didn’t care about us at all.

we know he’s a massive threat if we give him space but we also know he can get frustrated and be a walking red card at times so hope we get at him. The other thing we know is at prem level he can give the ball away in dangerous areas if pressed high enough up the pitch. Smith  exploited that brilliantly  against us for Villa when they beat us 5-1 so I very much hope he’s on the case!

12 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

Yes, he signalled that he wanted to leave at the beginning of last season. He then went on to have an excellent season, near enough single-handedly got us promoted, earned us a record sale and got a call up into the Argentina squad. 

Booing will almost certainly fire him up, which will either inspire a motm performance or get him sent off. 

Didn’t say boo him. 
I think he will be greeted well. I will not join in and don’t get the love in to ex players. 

His exit was hurried along by Webber to generate income. A big, big player for us during his time here and an absolute pleasure to watch apart from his odd little spat or two due to his Latino background.

I will applaud him.

• Like 1

Before/after the game fine - but during?  I remember matches where ex-players would come across to the touchline or corner flag during the game and get a ripple of applause.....now I just don't understand that.  Maybe heroic players like Wes or even Maddison, but Buendia?  Really don't think he deserves hero status after clearly wanting to leave and settling for Villa.

Applause before, give him a hard time during the match and if we are fortunate enough to beat his side, wave him goodbye with an ironic cheer/round of applause.

• Like 1