Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Covid outbreak at Villa

Could be interesting what level of infection is considered an outbreak considering we were also missing players this weekend. 

It at least has to be more than Arsenal had in their first game of the season 3-4 players, I think) - I don’t think any side would request a postponement unless it was a significant number 

6 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

And at Man Utd. 

Both Spurs and Man Utd have had outbreaks after playing us; is that a coincidence or are we the common denominator...?

None of the United team returning from Norwich tested positive, so no.

Edited by ricardo

9 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

And at Man Utd. 

Both Spurs and Man Utd have had outbreaks after playing us; is that a coincidence or are we the common denominator...?

We only played them yesterday evening, bit soon for the virus to be detectable?

Villa game won't be called off, but the number of clubs and players/staff is becoming a concern.....

Plus Villa had Covid before they played Liverpool apparently.

image.png.d4c76c99370412442ab4355489a831e9.png

Edited by Capt. Pants

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

We only played them yesterday evening, bit soon for the virus to be detectable?

Villa game won't be called off, but the number of clubs and players/staff is becoming a concern.....

image.png.d4c76c99370412442ab4355489a831e9.png

'Only one is a player'

Game on then.

Seems unlikely the game this week will be off unless cases are on a larger scale - but it does seem inevitable that there will be an impact on all clubs and more postponements before long.  

I have heard that next Saturday's games may all be in doubt.

QPR v Sheff U tomorrow has been postponed due to an outbreak at QPR.

It might be sensible to have a ‘break’ - for the crowds if nothing else.  If we are, as is being reported, going to covid level 4, that should technically include social distancing which is tricky in a capacity sporting stadium.

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It might be sensible to have a ‘break’ - for the crowds if nothing else.  If we are, as is being reported, going to covid level 4, that should technically include social distancing which is tricky in a capacity sporting stadium.

That would be the commonsense approach. Liar Boris addressing the nation at 20:00 so we'll wait to hear.

50 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

That would be the commonsense approach. Liar Boris addressing the nation at 20:00 so we'll wait to hear.

Actually the Clown will be tucked up in bed as its been pre-recorded to avoid akward questions.

2 hours ago, Bluefloyd said:

Could be interesting what level of infection is considered an outbreak considering we were also missing players this weekend. 

As far as I understand it you have to be missing at least 8 of the 23 man squad selected for the season to be deemed sufficient to cancel fixtures 

3 hours ago, duke63 said:

I have heard that next Saturday's games may all be in doubt.

QPR v Sheff U tomorrow has been postponed due to an outbreak at QPR.

Is there a source for this?

8 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Thanks.

I knew about QPR. It was the point about all next Saturday’s games being in doubt that I was questioning.

Apologies, but my crystal ball is being serviced this week! 🤣

You can edit your quote before posting......

7 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Apologies, but my crystal ball is being serviced this week! 🤣

You can edit your quote before posting......

Exactly. I was questioning the poster’s comment that they had heard all next Saturday’s games may be in doubt. I simply asked for a source. Your crystal ball may be being serviced, but one assumes you still have the ability to read.

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Exactly. I was questioning the poster’s comment that they had heard all next Saturday’s games may be in doubt. I simply asked for a source. Your crystal ball may be being serviced, but one assumes you still have the ability to read.

Absolutely. The op made two comments. 

You asked for a source without specifying which comment it was relating too. I was able to provide a source for one of the comments. 

If part of the quote isn't relevant to your question, you can edit it, to make it easier for replies. How else do we know which part you're referring too? 

You willl be asking other posters for next week's lottery numbers next! 

Edited by Greavsy

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Absolutely. The op made two comments. 

You asked for a source without specifying which comment it was relating too. I was able to provide a source for one of the comments. 

If part of the quote isn't relevant to your question, you can edit it, to make it easier for replies. How else do we know which part you're referring too? 

You willl be asking other posters for next week's lottery numbers next! 

Surprisingly I’m not that interested in whether or not QPR cancel their game. It was also widely reported, so why would I ask for a source. Generally most posters on here can work that out. Sadly you cannot.

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Surprisingly I’m not that interested in whether or not QPR cancel their game. It was also widely reported, so why would I ask for a source. Generally most posters on here can work that out. Sadly you cannot.

Just dealing in facts - you seem to struggle so much with. 

You asked for link, with no reference to which part of the  quoted post you referred to in particular. How is anyone else meant to know what you are already aware of?   Ill be better equipped when the crystal ball returns from it service!  

Edited by Greavsy

16 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Just dealing in facts - you seem to struggle so much with. 

You asked for link, with no reference to which part of the  quoted post you referred to in particular. How is anyone else meant to know what you are already aware of?   Ill be better equipped when the crystal ball returns from it service!  

I usually rely on people’s natural intelligence. Clearly that doesn’t always work.

Just now, Commonsense said:

I usually rely on people’s natural intelligence. Clearly that doesn’t always work.

Considering no one else replied to that particular post I'm not sure what you're basing that on fella! 

Keep going!