Sign in to follow this  
Worthy Nigelton

Placheta

Just thought I'd start a thread to say I thought he was good yesterday and showed some real potential. I was one of those that thought he was probably not up to it at the start of the season and the Rashica and Tzolis signings were evidence that the club also thought that way.  I think he certainly did enough to keep his place for Tuesday and showed more than Tzolis has so far this season. Good on him and fingers crossed there's more to come now he has got over covid.

• Like 3

Here's hoping. I was always a shade more optimistic as ultimately he has got himself into Poland's national side and kept picking up minutes, so I was thinking a combination of his trying too hard (he's with Sargent for me in this boat), and not necessarily facing teams who are sat extremely deep, nullifying his pace would make him look better.

Yep, showed far more than Tzolis has done so far, think we might have been sold a dud with Tzolis, he needs to shed a pound or two and get fit before he gets back ahead of Placheta in the pecking order again. 

He looks miles more confident. Running in behind and backing himself. Good delivery yesterday too. Really impressed. His pace has got to have any team who want to play narrow, or with a high line a real headache.

Faded in the second half but thats expected after his lack of game time. 

He was never a Farke type player and always an odd fit. There are 5 or 6 players signed over the last two years that felt like Webber trying to nidge Farke into changing his style of play a bit and when that didn't happen those players suffered somewhat. Hopefully they can have a new lease under Smith. 

He looks like he benefits from a simpler game plan. Which is "get fed some channel balls, go at their full-back, and send in so many crosses Jesus Christ himself would get a serious case of deja vu."

Still recovering from long COVID symptoms so his fitness levels will improve game by game. Here’s hoping he nails that spot down and goes from stretto strength for the rest of the season 

We've simplified what we do now and players like Josh S, PP, Rupp, Sorensen, Rashica etc are really starting to step up because of it.

Edited by Michael Starr
  • Like 1

His delivery into the box was considerably better than anything Tzolis has managed so far.

Think he tired second half - wasn't he a long covid victim?

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Gets kicked out the squad, hardly any game time gets slatted by lots of fans yet never complains and just gets on with it and puts a shift in.

Why cant' Cantwell be like that? 😉

Please, please, please stop making stuff up.

It was bad enough with the "Cantwell injured" stuff. Now Placheta was kicked out of the squad... he had long covid. I work with folks who have had that or still have it.

I was really impressed with him yesterday. Previously doubted his football ability but he delivered some good balls, tracked back well and showed some decent touches.

we looked worse when he went off (and I’m a cantwell fan! Before that debate starts again!). Presumably he was removed for fitness issues as I’d have rather seen Sargent subbed then him.