Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

We have such tinpot fans..

Imagine getting your phone out, recording and celebrating an oppisition player scoring against you, I mean christ it's almost as bad as half and half scarves! Shame. Except for the kid with his fingers out that's how it should be done someone buy him a pint when he's old enough

ronaldo.png

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Imagine getting your phone out, recording and celebrating an oppisition player scoring against you, I mean christ it's almost as bad as half and half scarves! Shame. Except for the kid with his fingers out that's how it should be done someone buy him a pint when he's old enough

ronaldo.png

Agreed it not good, would have more respect if the male fans had got their old lad out and waved it at him. 

It's a sign of the times - it's not just Norwich fans - people live their whole lives through their phones. 

I mean who are the going to send that picture or video to anyway?

Are they going to send it to all their mates and say "i was there when Ronaldo scored against us"?

Or are they going to keep it and look back fondly at it in years to come?  Really?  

Maybe they were filming it in case Tim pulled off a great save? But why continue once it had gone in then? 

Unbelievable, Jeff.

• Like 2

Kid at the front sticking two fingers up, to me at least, looks like Billy Gilmour.

• Haha 1

Clearly Yarmouth based United fans. Need to identify the River End sell outs who cashed in by selling to their United mates. 

If you bought a half and half scarf yesterday you need to be helicopter lifted to the middle of the ocean and dropped in. The plastic on display yesterday from all over the place was overwhelming. Makes me long to play Sheffield Wednesday or Stoke or something just to escape the odour of these absolute cretins. The next time the European league comes up I am begging you, please please please please go. Just go. Let us reclaim football and you can have the plastic version.

Edited by The Real Buh
  • Like 4

Yeah its pretty gross but its modern football and no different at any other club unfortunately 

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

ronaldo.png

Lad giving the two finger salute should be given the key to the city . Class effort . If you are videoing that you should hang your head in shame . And give your season ticket to a proper fan. 

The simple explanation is these are day trippers that have come out to see a big team and a big player and have no interest in Norwich city. These aren’t our fans. It would be the same up and down the country. 

• Like 1

Any away fans in the home end need kicking out.... I loathe these idiots with their half and half scarfs. They should be banned for life.

The selfie/ video culture thing is just a product of the generation or two behind mine. It's much more important that people know you did a thing than it is actually doing the thing; otherwise, what was the point??

Personally I think a lot is being made of this specific incident because its an easy way to continue bashing the Club That Don't Belong; you'll see exactly the same in any stadium Ronaldo scores in England. Even Norwich fans are using it as an excuse to decry the home crowd.

13 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

The selfie/ video culture thing is just a product of the generation or two behind mine. It's much more important that people know you did a thing than it is actually doing the thing; otherwise, what was the point??

One of the best explanations for selfies I've ever seen written.

OTBC

16 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

The lad giving the v signs needs to be the community hero on Tuesday 

If only he’d been giving them to the fans around him 🤣

• Haha 1

What's tinpot is needing to dive and cheat to beat the bottom club in the league then celebrate like you've just scored in the Champions League final

Anyway, this type of behavior is not unique to our club at all, some people just get a bit giddy and excited when they see someone famous, I don't get it but it doesn't bother me if people want to take pictures or videos or whatever. I always find away fans giving it large and acting tough when they're all p155ed, on coke, surrounded by backup and separated by a stand and police/stewards way more cringeworthy

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

What is the Club's role in this?

Do they profit from half and half scarves?

How about charging the same casual admission prices using a community principle rather than an elite sport principle? In other words same price whatever division we are in.

Scrap luxury Coach trips to top 6 venues in favour of ordinary supporters.

Why don't we as fans demand the appropriate responses from our Club custodians?

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

ronaldo.png

Bloke top left with cap is doing a good w*nker sign, he looks old enough for a pint.

16 minutes ago, essex canary said:

What is the Club's role in this?

Do they profit from half and half scarves?

How about charging the same casual admission prices using a community principle rather than an elite sport principle? In other words same price whatever division we are in.

Scrap luxury Coach trips to top 6 venues in favour of ordinary supporters.

Why don't we as fans demand the appropriate responses from our Club custodians?

No the club don't profit, its the 'travelling community' who follow the big clubs everywhere selling knock offs outside the ground.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

No the club don't profit, its the 'travelling community' who follow the big clubs everywhere selling knock offs outside the ground.

Good to know but is there no effective action the Club can take?

I think my other points nevertheless show that to some extent the Cllub does indulge the same principles.

It was one of the reasons the atmosphere in the away end at Brentford(even before we scored) was vastly superior to anything else this season. It wasn’t a big club some want to see & because it was a new ground a lot of ‘old school’ city fans were there.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Good to know but is there no effective action the Club can take?

I think my other points nevertheless show that to some extent the Cllub does indulge the same principles.

It's not the "traveling community" that is responsible for it. So far as I can recall, it's the same faces selling different half and half scarves and often pin badges as well.

3 hours ago, chicken said:

It's not the "traveling community" that is responsible for it. So far as I can recall, it's the same faces selling different half and half scarves and often pin badges as well.

Oh my God! It's the knitwear version of County Lines.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pugin said:

Oh my God! It's the knitwear version of County Lines.

County Threads? 

People of my vintage (or at least I) see Ronaldo as the 'winker', a diver and a cheat and a shadow in messi's wake. 

My son who isn't actually filming, but is a Norwich fan (and is in that photo!) sees him the way I saw Diego Maradona. 

Like him or not he is aside from Messi the biggest player in the world game and opportunity to see him play here, once in a lifetime probably. So I'm not going to judge. 

The lad bottom left is my spirit animal! 

5 minutes ago, Bluefloyd said:

People of my vintage (or at least I) see Ronaldo as the 'winker', a diver and a cheat and a shadow in messi's wake. 

My son who isn't actually filming, but is a Norwich fan (and is in that photo!) sees him the way I saw Diego Maradona. 

Like him or not he is aside from Messi the biggest player in the world game and opportunity to see him play here, once in a lifetime probably. So I'm not going to judge. 

The lad bottom left is my spirit animal! 

Well said and this mirrors my situation, sons viewpoint and animal spirit exactly.

For some reason I can't see the image but I am assuming a supporter is videoing the penalty.

Reading all the posts so far I would say, with the greatest respect that practically the whole lot of you are coming across as tinpot.

I am a norwich supporter through and through but I am also a football supporter and that means that I will applaud and acknowledge good play and skill from whoever,whether they are an opponent or not. 

Why shouldn't they take a video of one of the best players of mine or their lifetime.I have to say I never thought I would see the day that he played at Carrow Road

What on earth makes you want to ridicule and mock Ronaldo.

There is no question that it was an awful way to lose that game after playing so well There is no question that it was a penalty, the shame of it is that players are using all manner of means to gain an advantage,whether its by means of feigning injury to slow the game or disrupt the flow of their opponent or even get players booked or dismissed.The weakness of referees,who I am sure are well aware of all these measures,is certainly not helping

• Like 1