Sign in to follow this  
Beaker

Robbo can be answer to Earnie's prayers

If you look at the story beyond the print this is really interesting and  something you guys can help me with. The Hughes substitution against Derby. I was surprised to see him run off the pitch considering he was apparently injured. Two fans I know said opposite things from the Jarrold Stand. One said that Hughes went to the bench a few minutes before he was subbed, another said that Hughes was gobbing off at the bench and got led down the tunnel. Now after Worthy''s playground style ''dont pick on him speech'' he was hardly going to drop him, and now Robinson is making his stake for the position. Kind of interesting hey?

He certainly appeared to be having a real go at Steve Foley a few minutes before he came off. I couldn''t catch he was saying, but I got the impression that Hughes was not too enamoured with Foley at that point!

I had noticed Hughes looking very unimpressed with being taken off too!! Odd if he was injured. Perhaps he was just very frustrated at having to be subbed so early when he was playing ok and the crowd weren''t on his back! He probably knows he might struggle to get back in the team if Robinson plays well.

I think Robinson and Safri playing together could be good for Earnshaw. Robinson certainly passed it about well after he came on and sprayed some good passes out to the wing for JJ to run onto! Earnshaw will also be good for the team beacuse he won''t win any headers being so short and therefore he forces the midfield to play the ball along the ground!