5 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Like a new signing. Yet here he was… all along… I love Farke but he really did fkk a few things like freezing out Idah, Cantwell and Sorenson for no apparent reason. 

He didn't freeze out Idah, but he wasn't generous enough with his minutes, barely ever had enough time to make an impact.

Adding my voice to the posters who'd been wondering what was amiss with Sörensen, although I do think he was one of the Covid-ridden ones in pre-season, which didn't help. He'd been unlucky in the previous season's pre-season with a long period with Denmark U21s but saw little pitch time, then Skipp took over and that was pretty much that.

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

Re-read my posts on Sorenson ad infinitum.  Lungi has had the air of Bobby Moore from his first appearance and I noted that.  This guy needs to be a fixture in the starting line-up.  

Not sure if you are trying to get into a my dad is bigger than your dad contest, but I've already said I am on the same page.... was sold a year ago....

On 07/11/2020 at 17:51, TeemuVanBasten said:

Sorenson looks very neat and tidy and composed, but is clearly a central player. I think he'll end up as our first choice DM, screen in front of the back 4. Ideally he'd develop as somebody who can spread the play. 

I see him as the Tettey successor. But impressed with the general calmness to his game. 

And still sold 6 months ago....

On 11/04/2021 at 09:51, TeemuVanBasten said:

At this point in time I'd consider it more likely that Dowell will improve than Placheta, but the one who is already obviously a gem of a signing from last summer is Jacob Sorenson. He is the signing of the season, a complete steal. He is 'the one'. 

And still sold today.

I think Sorenson at DM allows Normann to get on the ball more in a box-to-box role, he's a bit wasted as a the sitting midfielder (although good at it).

Good to see the justified praise in this topic. The number of times he appeared in the right position to smother the danger was especially impressive given the lack of familiarity with playing CB for us. 

2 hours ago, NWC said:

Turns his hand (feet) to any position he’s asked to play, and never lets us down. 
what a valuable asset. 

Perhaps he could play upfront 

Sorensen deserves all the praise he is getting. Was concerned about a midfielder replacing Hanley, but I needn't have worried. He was superb.

Which begs the question, what was Farke doing?

At least he attacks the ball from offensive corners and freekicks. Hanley and Gibson are a pair of pussycats - absolutely feeble and no threat whatsoever. In one game Kabak and Sorensen has shown they are a goal threat. Omobamidele is also capable. Hanley did score one fluky goal but Sorensen will give us that extra ability if he's in the team. 

In the past we've had aggressive centre-backs like Dave Stringer, Steve Bruce and Andy Linighan in the team - they score roughly 5-6 goals per season (top flight) - we need centre-backs that can bully the opposition in their area and score goals. People will say there's more to Gibson's defending than meets the eye - I say he gave away two goals against Spurs and has not got  the ability to get one back - put Sorensen in ! 

8 hours ago, Mengo said:

He certainly nailed it today. I'm sorry to say the previous team had let Norwich City down badly by ignoring this guy. Given proper coaching this guy could be worth a lot of money.

They probably fell out with him 

8 hours ago, Edinburgh exile said:

Watching him off the ball he looked really nervous and like he needed to take his cues from the rest of the defensive line for where to line up but otherwise he was outstanding, and working out where you need to be is half the battle. He was outstanding, imagine before the game us lining up with lungi and kabak against man utd and feeling disappointed to concede one to a dodgy penalty? Magnificent.

Whut? 

He didn't look nervous at all. He looked composed and assured. He was even telling Aarons where to position himself. 

He had Ronaldo in his pocket and made us look so calm in defence from the moment he came on. 

This thread may seem a bit overblown, but I have to join in the admiration for Sorensen. A great performance without any prior preparation (as was the case when he had to cover as a full back). We are in danger of losing this player for not very much money if we continue to ignore him instead of developing his talent. 

It amazes me that there were norwich fans on this forum calling Sorensen the new Becchio. 

A lot of us saw how good this guy actually was when playing out of position and that he should be one of the first names on the team sheet (ideally in his actual position). 

10 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

Id play him over McLean... sorry to the McLean lovers 

Anyone who has played football has had this situation before. The quiet lad who doesnt say much in the dressing room gets left out for the 'banter king' despite being a miles better player. I always thought this would never happen in the professional game but McLean and Sorenson makes me think it does.

• Like 1

True professional too, never once has he thrown a fit about not being played and today he gets thrown on in a position hes never played being told to mark Rashford, Ronaldo and Fernandes and he comes on and gets on with it and does well.  

10 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

Id play him over McLean... sorry to the McLean lovers 

Can see why, but I'd play Sörensen behind McLean, not instead of.

Sorenson has never let us down, no matter what position he's been asked to play, the fact that he's barely made a squad, let alone get on the pitch is criminal. 

One of the first names on the team sheet from now on in if Smith has got any sense. 

9 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Not sure if you are trying to get into a my dad is bigger than your dad contest, but I've already said I am on the same page.... was sold a year ago....

And still sold 6 months ago....

And still sold today.

I think Sorenson at DM allows Normann to get on the ball more in a box-to-box role, he's a bit wasted as a the sitting midfielder (although good at it).

Oh dear, are you seriously willy-waving over some comments you made on a forum? 

There were many singing Sorensen's praises at that time.

51 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Anyone who has played football has had this situation before. The quiet lad who doesnt say much in the dressing room gets left out for the 'banter king' despite being a miles better player. I always thought this would never happen in the professional game but McLean and Sorenson makes me think it does.

To be fair Kenny has been playing really well recently. 

I would though like to see how we look with Sorensen anchoring the midfield although assume he may be needed again at CB on Tuesday. 

for me, the thing that stood out when he played full back is that he never panics and tends to make very good decisions. Seems to have an extra bit of time on the ball which is the sign of a quality player. 

2 hours ago, non-scoring strikers said:

It amazes me that there were norwich fans on this forum calling Sorensen the new Becchio. 

A lot of us saw how good this guy actually was when playing out of position and that he should be one of the first names on the team sheet (ideally in his actual position). 

We called him the new Becchio because posters were praising him more the longer he didn’t play. It’s a PinkUn meme. No one was criticising him as a player as far as I can recall. 

And while he did really well yesterday, we haven’t seen him in his favoured position yet. You would have to think he’ll be even better, but it remains true that he has yet to demonstrate his effectiveness at CDM.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

We called him the new Becchio because posters were praising him more the longer he didn’t play. It’s a PinkUn meme. No one was criticising him as a player as far as I can recall. 

And while he did really well yesterday, we haven’t seen him in his favoured position yet. You would have to think he’ll be even better, but it remains true that he has yet to demonstrate his effectiveness at CDM.

I'm not sure it was a case of praising him more the longer he didn't play but more that people were questioning why he wasn't given a chance in a problem area, particularly considering how good he's always looked. 

If I remember he played a couple of games in centre mid right after filling in at left back and impressed... Only to be immediately dropped when injured / suspended players returned. 

After one game he’s the new Bobby Moore ? I thought he was on the edge of being caught out of position a few times and got away with it. Not saying he didn’t play well because he did, but I think some of you may need to calm down a little.

3 hours ago, non-scoring strikers said:

Whut? 

He didn't look nervous at all. He looked composed and assured. He was even telling Aarons where to position himself. 

He had Ronaldo in his pocket and made us look so calm in defence from the moment he came on. 

I meant to say when he first came in and for like three minutes, he settled in really quickly

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

To be fair Kenny has been playing really well recently. 

I would though like to see how we look with Sorensen anchoring the midfield although assume he may be needed again at CB on Tuesday. 

for me, the thing that stood out when he played full back is that he never panics and tends to make very good decisions. Seems to have an extra bit of time on the ball which is the sign of a quality player. 

Thing is we have had some midfield problems over the past years and since Smith has come in and neither have started him in his preferred position. Is it training? There was an ask the players thing and McLean and Skipp talked about how laid back and nonplussed Sorensen is all the time - maybe that unfairly goes against him.

• Like 1

Normann and Sörensen in the deeper positions, please. Then one of McLean, Rupp, Gilmour, or Lees-Melou further up.

• Like 1

In fact, this is the reason to send Gilmour back. He is a very good prospect and I can see a genuinely top-drawer player in there in a couple of years, but we have Normann who does a riskier, better job in that position, and Sörensen is defensively more adept whilst also having a decent range of passing on him. Not to mention both are decent at pressing, and Sörensen's got good anticipation/positional sense.

Rupp, McLean, and Lees-Melou can give us plenty of energy further up the field. And you'd think Normann's fondness for a raking channel ball would make Placheta's eyes light up.

59 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

It also remains true that he’s never been given a chance to do that, unless you count **** at home where we won 7-0