Sign in to follow this  
Ian

Handball?

I was sure in real time that a United player blocked Gilmour's shot with an arm which seemed to be in a position to make his body wider.

Obviously wasn't given, but does anyone know if it was a handball and, if so, was checked?

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

image.png.7f58a479e2ee11fe982ffc91fa5f6483.png

Yes, that looks about right? Did it his he leg or what because that looks very similar to incidents that have been given recently?

Norwich midfielder Billy Gilmour, speaking to Sky Sports:

"We had a lot of opportunities. We never took our chances. Fair play to David de Gea, but we're disappointed.

"We got up the pitch but we just couldn't get the final product again, with the goal.

"We need to punish teams and try and score. Goals win you games and we're not doing that. But we're a strong team, we stick together.

"I've been told there was a possibility [we should have had a penalty]. I haven't seen it back.

10 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I’d be very annoyed if that was given against us

Why? His hands are in an unnatural position and making his body wider. Stupid rule but I thought these were supposed to be handballs this season?

Just now, hogesar said:

The ref was a paid up member of the United Supporters Club.

How tf they only got 1 yellow I have no idea?

Just now, Ian said:

How tf they only got 1 yellow I have no idea?

There were 4 or 5 cynical fouls from them that this season have been a yellow card for us evey time.. apparently not if youre United.

Just now, hogesar said:

There were 4 or 5 cynical fouls from them that this season have been a yellow card for us evey time.. apparently not if youre United.

Injured Hanley with a challenge that was never a genuine attempt at winning the ball. Aarons got halved. Twice they kicked ball away well after a foul had been given.

Ref clearly had his instructions today and fulfilled them perfectly. Mission accomplished.

Just now, curious yellow said:

Yes I thought it was a penalty, the way it rebounded to Gilmour and yes it would have been given against us. 

Only if we were playing against one of the big boys

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Injured Hanley with a challenge that was never a genuine attempt at winning the ball.

Then whined like a **** about not making any contact, before rolling around like his back had been broken later in the game until the ball went out of play.

Sad to see such talented players play act so much. At least someone dumped him into the advertising hoardings in the end.

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Injured Hanley with a challenge that was never a genuine attempt at winning the ball. Aarons got halved. Twice they kicked ball away well after a foul had been given.

Ref clearly had his instructions today and fulfilled them perfectly. Mission accomplished.

Yeah, I'm sure he will be well rewarded too.

That first free kick they got on the edge of our area let us know exactly how this ref was gonna go.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, I'm sure he will be well rewarded too.

That first free kick they got on the edge of our area let us know exactly how this ref was gonna go.

Yes that was a joke. I was convinced they were going to score. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

Then whined like a **** about not making any contact, before rolling around like his back had been broken later in the game until the ball went out of play.

Sad to see such talented players play act so much. At least someone dumped him into the advertising hoardings in the end.

I actually hoped he had broken his back.

Dirty little rapist.

10 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Dimi got mugged. McTominay was the same two tears ago. 

25 minutes ago, Ian said:

Why? His hands are in an unnatural position and making his body wider. Stupid rule but I thought these were supposed to be handballs this season?

Because his hands were quite close to his body, it’s not a handball for me 

9 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Because his hands were quite close to his body, it’s not a handball for me 

That's not the rule though?

Do you think his arms were in a natural position, and if not, did they have an impact on him blocking the ball?

46 minutes ago, Ian said:

That's not the rule though?

Do you think his arms were in a natural position, and if not, did they have an impact on him blocking the ball?

That’s not an unnatural position for when your blocking a **** with your body at that angle. 

You can tell me it’s not the rule all you want, the ref and VAR didn’t give it

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Dalot shouldn’t have been on the pitch 

I thought it was a penalty from where I sat near the halfway line. I thought you had to have your hands behind your back when making those types of blocks/challenges now? Odds on if the roles were reversed, Pencheaters would have been awarded it. 

2 hours ago, Paint Me Yellow said:

I just spent a minute trying to play that picture....

You and me both bud 🤣🤣. I'll tell you why it was never checked or any replays came about. Because it was for little old norwich and not against them. The other end of the pitch you'd have ronaldo and maguire pick the ref up, man handle him and take him to the var monitor 

• Haha 1

Bearing in mind how Man City got given that onecearlier today, itscfairly obvious that VAR is being used to make sure the big 6 are not victims of a wrong decision whilst everyone else just has to be grateful they are even allowed to play against them