Sign in to follow this  
Creedence Clearwater Couto

We're toast, aren't we?

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

No, but he's learnt in 18 years of playing professional football that if another player is going to do that with their arms... you can convert that into a penalty, Pukki would also have used his experience to try and get a penalty out of that situation.

Goes down as Max Aarons naivety to me. 

Would Pukki have been less likely to get the penalty? Probably, yes, but I still think he'd have done what CR did. 

Ronaldo played like an absolute dunce today mate, put your todger away and stop rubbing it you freak. He got mugged off again and again and the swing and miss really riled him up. Max aarons done him again and again.

he’s a filthy cheat that never won the World Cup, that’s his legacy

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Seems an odd reaction to a spirited and somewhat unlucky loss to Man United.

Yes we need to score more but we're creating chances right now and we don't look like we're about to be sliced open every time a team runs at us.

Absolutely 👍

Just now, king canary said:

Yes we need to score more but we're creating chances right now and we don't look like we're about to be sliced open every time a team runs at us.

Can be proud of the effort and its nice to see Rupp and Placheta look better under Smith.

But realistically, we have 8 goals in 16 games and no money to spend in January.

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Ronaldo played like an absolute dunce today mate, put your todger away and stop rubbing it you freak. He got mugged off again and again and the swing and miss really riled him up. Max aarons done him again and again.

he’s a filthy cheat that never won the World Cup, that’s his legacy

I can't stand the bloke.

Whole Man Utd team played like fannies.

Don't disagree there.

Max Aarons can still learn from that, if CR cheated then Max Aarons made it easy for him to cheat. 

If you leave your door wide open with £200 sitting on the radiator in your hall and somebody walks in pinches that £200... they are thieving scum, but you are still a fool for leaving your door wide open and £200 in your hallway.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

I can't stand the bloke.

Whole Man Utd team played like fannies.

Don't disagree there.

Max Aarons can still learn from that, if CR cheated then Max Aarons made it easy for him to cheat. 

If you leave your door wide open with £200 sitting on the radiator in your hall and somebody pinches that £200... they are thieving scum, but you are still an idiot for leaving your door wide open and £200 in your hallway.

It’s your post match reactions that turn people against you Tubsy.

1 minute ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Can't stand it when our own fans write us off so early. Be braver.

Totally! Just given man u a game with a thread bear squad , I’m positive 👍

12 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Can be proud of the effort and its nice to see Rupp and Placheta look better under Smith.

But realistically, we have 8 goals in 16 games and no money to spend in January.

As I said we need more goals but as someone else said, its better to be making chances and missing them than not making them at all like we were under Farke.

We're also in a position where we defend well enough that we just need to start scoring one or two to win games. I think that can happen. Whether it will or not remains to be seen.

2 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Can't stand it when our own fans write us off so early. Be braver.

The hardest thing is putting the ball in the net.  the improvements in our attitude and play is remarkable. put the ball in the net and we will give any team a run for their money

Teemu Van Basten and the The Real Buh are two odious and bizarre cretins. Speaking as a lurker they ruin every thread they appear on.

Edited by (Hoola)Han Solo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Too early to write us off, but the goals have got to come from somewhere.

25 minutes ago, king canary said:

This is it. I do think we are still likely to go down due to not enough of our attacking signings showing the required quality on top of whatever is happening with Todd.

However,  we look like a team that's difficult to beat whilst still creating chances. Bit of confidence and Rashica back who does look to have a bit of quality and who knows.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

Teemu Van Basten and the The Real Buh are two odious and bizarre cretins. Speaking as a lurker they ruin every thread they appear on.

I prefer “dashing scoundrel” but to each their own.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

Speaking as a lurker they ruin every thread they appear on.

Pretty sure I've been reading bitter remaniac posts of yours on the Brexit thread on a near daily basis, so not great at lurking are you. 

As for me, I rate my first two posts on this thread as my finest work on the Pink'un, but I suspect it will go largely unnoticed. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

it's the same old tired cliche "results will come if we play like that".

They won't, we lack quality in attack and for all our endeavour today, it won't be there vs the sides around us as evidenced so far. We have struggled to break every single team down in this league so I see no reason it will start now.

We're just not cut out for this level.

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

This is it. I do think we are still likely to go down due to not enough of our attacking signings showing the required quality on top of whatever is happening with Todd.

However,  we look like a team that's difficult to beat whilst still creating chances. Bit of confidence and Rashica back who does look to have a bit of quality and who knows.

I think it would still require us to find a few quid down the back of the sofa to bring in some firepower, even if only on loan from the continent. 

19 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think it would still require us to find a few quid down the back of the sofa to bring in some firepower, even if only on loan from the continent. 

Agree with this. But if we do bring someone in we may actually be a team to be taken seriously 

25 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

it's the same old tired cliche "results will come if we play like that".

They won't, we lack quality in attack and for all our endeavour today, it won't be there vs the sides around us as evidenced so far. We have struggled to break every single team down in this league so I see no reason it will start now.

We're just not cut out for this level.

Agree i'm afraid, at the moment we just haven't got the goals in the side.

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

The last four games show we're done. We've shown plenty of effort, but should've had at least two wins. That's the difference between us and our relegation rivals, they seem to have enough to take the opportunity when presented. Man Utd today were as awful as they were at Watford a few weeks ago, a prime example. 

Plenty of mitigation, granted. Losing Normann and Rashica is just horrible luck. COVID again...

I don't know, all that hope and optimism from a couple of weeks ago, evaporated just like that. A very good chance we'll have another 2 quickfire loses before we know it. 

Defeatist? Probably. Just not much fun is it, especially when winning / match point opportunities are passed so often. it's all a bit crap again, isn't it?

OTBC.

We badly need a striker who can (a) Take pressure of Pukki ( he must be mentally and physically exhausted!), and (b), is able to play at this level,and unfortunately they cost millions. So yes,we are burnt bread!!!!!!

Should have beaten Wolves and Newcastle and got a point today, those extra 5 pts would certainly have the league looking very different to how it is now.

In our position, we just cant afford to pass up on the opportunities where points are there for the taking.

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Should have beaten Wolves and Newcastle and got a point today, those extra 5 pts would certainly have the league looking very different to how it is now.

In our position, we just cant afford to pass up on the opportunities where points are there for the taking.

even just one of them would have put us right on the heels of Watford. Still really annoys me we lost that one as well.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Agree with this, we do need to score more but we a slice of luck would also be nice.........

2 hours ago, KernowCanary said:

The team performance wasn’t all that great at all, and not the sort of performance I would expect from a team capable of staying in the division.

Right now, we are toast.

To be frank, the team performance considering their current situation (if you're aware of it) was excellant.

But yes we need to put chances away.

Toast? Not even warm yet

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Exactamundo

We played well today but we still got beat.

Every time we are in the Prem it is hard-luck stories:

"We didn't deserve to lose the game"

"If we play like that every week we'll win more than we lose" - but we never do.

We are always floundering at the bottom where other teams who get promoted seem more than at home and pick up decent results - Watford put 4 past Man Utd at home a few weeks ago. Is scoring 0 against a poor Man Utd team a "good performance"? We desperately need to bite the bullet and sign some proven quality to try and stay in this league, not unproven unknowns. RVW, Sargent, the list goes on.

In conclusion yes we are toast, because as much as we are harder to beat under DS, we are still getting beat and still not able to score anywhere near enough goals to compete at this level. This is a recruitment issue.

3 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

it's all a bit crap again, isn't it?

I'm a lot happier now than I was under Farke.

I dreaded the prospect of relegation again under Farke with a squad that he was clearly tiring with, he'd lost faith in several of his own players, everybody look devoid of confidence.

The players have more direction under Smith, they have a clear plan and understand what their role is in the team. Even Placheta looked a bit like a footballer today.

I trust Dean Smith. Are we going down? Probably. But I feel better about that now that players like Placheta and Sorenson look to be benefiting from a fresh look.