Sign in to follow this  
Creedence Clearwater Couto

We're toast, aren't we?

The last four games show we're done. We've shown plenty of effort, but should've had at least two wins. That's the difference between us and our relegation rivals, they seem to have enough to take the opportunity when presented. Man Utd today were as awful as they were at Watford a few weeks ago, a prime example. 

Plenty of mitigation, granted. Losing Normann and Rashica is just horrible luck. COVID again...

I don't know, all that hope and optimism from a couple of weeks ago, evaporated just like that. A very good chance we'll have another 2 quickfire loses before we know it. 

Defeatist? Probably. Just not much fun is it, especially when winning / match point opportunities are passed so often. it's all a bit crap again, isn't it?

OTBC.

• Like 2

Well I didn't enjoy the supine performances in the dying embers of Farke's reign, but thoroughly enjoyed our spirit and the performance tonight. 

• Like 4

Not really. We’re not easily beaten and we’ve played two of the top 6 and lost because we’re not finishing. I’d be worried if we weren’t creating chances. A signing in Jan who can score and we’re back to life again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Making Plans said:

No, we definitley are not toast

I think he meant in a metaphorical sense, rather than thinking that he is literally a slice of toast.

• Haha 1

The team performance wasn’t all that great at all, and not the sort of performance I would expect from a team capable of staying in the division.

Right now, we are toast.

Edited by KernowCanary
  • Confused 3

It’s one of those games that makes me yearn to not be in this league with these teams.

I sincerely hope they all do one and form a European league.

filthy cheats

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KernowCanary said:

After the number of times Jon Moss messes teams over, I am suprised people haven’t gone onto review websites to give 1/5 reviews to his record shop “The Vinyl Whistle”.

Still, having said all that, the team performance wasn’t all that great at all, and not the sort of performance I would expect from a team capable of staying in the division.

Right now, we are toast.

Hahahaha    oh my   you didn't watch the game did you?

A close friend of mine is an Arsenal fan. He complains they don’t create chances. Norwich create chances. They just don’t score. What’s worse? For me it’s the former. Start taking those chances and we’re fine. It’s going to take some astute signing in January. I don’t believe we don’t have money. If we paraded around we did we’d be taken for a ride.

You win titles by playing badly and winning. You go down by playing well and losing.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think he meant in a metaphorical sense, rather than thinking that he is literally a slice of toast.

And so did I.

Jesus, where do you come from?

7 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s one of those games that makes me yearn to not be in this league with these teams.

I sincerely hope they all do one and form a European league.

filthy cheats

Our lack of ability in the final third lost us that game, not Cristiano Ronaldo going down like he weights 6 stone. 

Pulling out a performance like that with half a team missing, then captain Hanley going off so we're down to defensive midfielders playing at centre-half, and still putting the willies up a team that cost hundreds of millions to build...

We may yet go down. But that side of ours is not going down wondering why. It just means there's less margin for error when it comes to taking (or indeed not taking) our chances when they come.

• Like 1

We’re totally reliant on one player to find the net so yes realistically we’re toast. But the performances are better and we are looking competitive now though 

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Our lack of ability in the final third lost us that game, not Cristiano Ronaldo going down like he weights 6 stone. 

Didn’t help though did it Tub?

4 minutes ago, mastoola said:

Hahahaha    oh my   you didn't watch the game did you?

I got confused after being drunk all night knowing we would lose, so decided to block reality out of my mind and got the 12:30 kick off referee confused with this one.

I personally don’t give a care who the ref is, as long as he don’t cheat us, and that tonight was an example of the unwritten rule “Man United come first, they are cash cows of the league”.

Moss was a joke with the first yellow card at the Etihad, but the second was justified and if that was one of our players, I would have wrung his neck.

Tonight, we were still cheated and if our club won as many trophies as United, we wouldn’t have been fobbed off like the way we were tonight with that penalty.

It’s still all to play for all thanks to the relegation battle being as weak as last season, maybe more, so let’s keep the faith that before Christmas we will climb out of that bottom three and once we do, let’s then go onwards from there.

1 minute ago, Chalky said:

I’m proud of the manager and team tonight ! Fight and spirit is there 👊

Here here!!!!, to think how much we lacked that earlier in the season!.

Edited by KernowCanary

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Didn’t help though did it Tub?

No, but he's learnt in 18 years of playing professional football that if another player is going to do that with their arms... you can convert that into a penalty, Pukki would also have used his experience to try and get a penalty out of that situation.

Goes down as Max Aarons naivety to me. 

Would Pukki have been less likely to get the penalty? Probably, yes, but I still think he'd have done what CR did. 

Seems an odd reaction to a spirited and somewhat unlucky loss to Man United.

Yes we need to score more but we're creating chances right now and we don't look like we're about to be sliced open every time a team runs at us.

• Like 4