Sign in to follow this  
Justin time

Gary Neville

18 minutes ago, king canary said:

I thought he was far worse than Shearer against Newcastle- it wasn't that I felt he was against us, just that he didn't remotely care that there was another, non-Manchester United team on the pitch. All his analysis was about United, what they were doing, how they were struggling, we might as well have not been there.

Yea, that's it 100% for me. We don't really exist to him. It's the Manchester Reds V ........................

OTBC

44 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

IMO Gary Neville is very definitely one of the better pundits and don't think many will find that remark even slightly controversial as he's probably called it right - I think most of us would struggle to remember a poorer MU side than that.

How is it that any team we give problems are poor but when other teams do it  it is actually them that make those teams look poor?

10 minutes ago, Chalky said:

Their keeper making good saves possibly?

Better chance conversion wouldn’t give the goalkeeper a chance…

You’re acting like converting chances hasn’t been an issue all season?

17 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Better chance conversion wouldn’t give the goalkeeper a chance…

You’re acting like converting chances hasn’t been an issue all season?

But he won man of the match ? 

6 minutes ago, Justin time said:

How is it that any team we give problems are poor but when other teams do it  it is actually them that make those teams look poor?

Is that what you think happened?

Although I'm not sure that it is really relevant to Gary Neville's comment that faced with that MU performance the rest of the Premiership would have got something out of that game - its only his opinion when all said and done but its one that many people would agree with, including I imagine a fair few NCFC fans.

2 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

There wasn't really a lot of competition for that award today although IMO Sorenson would have been a better shout.

What does that say then ? Give the boys credit tonight .

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Disrespectful and not that accurate to be honest, when he himself awarded MOTM to De Gea it’s quite clear that the keeper kept them in the game.

Very very accurate. De Gea was m.o.m. and stopped city’s (defenders)  scoring and kept them in the match, which is more than city’s strikers did!

• Like 1

He's absolutely right....he was calling Man United out as sh!te , which they were.

..and every other team in the league would have beaten them today, just as every other team would have finished off a 10 man Newcastle last week.

It was only 3 weeks ago that Watford put 4 past them, because they have strikers who can score. Man United havent suddenly changed their personnel in that time

If we dont sign some attacking reinforcements in January , our efforts under Smith will go to waste and count for nothing and we will go down , simple as that

8 minutes ago, Chalky said:

But he won man of the match ? 

Who else would you give it to?

United were very poor but won.

We played very well but lost.

The MOTM is never awarded to the losing team. So that cuts out half the outfield players who actually played well…

I will agree with you though that the chances missed weren’t as glaring as the Spurs misses, or previous games. 

But I think it’s perfectly feasible that a side who has spent the season converting chances fairly well (or better than us) would’ve punished United better than we did today. 

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Who else would you give it to?

United were very poor but won.

We played very well but lost.

The MOTM is never awarded to the losing team. So that cuts out half the outfield players who actually played well…

I will agree with you though that the chances missed weren’t as glaring as the Spurs misses, or previous games. 

But I think it’s perfectly feasible that a side who has spent the season converting chances fairly well (or better than us) would’ve punished United better than we did today. 

You answered your own question .. I’d give it to their keeper for getting 3 points, he made some good saves and all be it a soft penalty imo we deserved a draw, considering we had alot of players out his comment was still disrespectful and ignorant to our efforts.

2 minutes ago, Chalky said:

You answered your own question .. I’d give it to their keeper for getting 3 points, he made some good saves and all be it a soft penalty imo we deserved a draw, considering we had alot of players out his comment was still disrespectful and ignorant to our efforts.

Yep I did. I don’t think De Gea didn’t deserve MOTM, but I wish better players were at the end of those chances to put them away. 👍

49 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Very very accurate. De Gea was m.o.m. and stopped city’s (defenders)  scoring and kept them in the match, which is more than city’s strikers did!

Eh? You missed the save he made from from Pukki then?

GN seems to have it in for Man Utd so understating the Norwich performance means he's being more critical of Man Utd.

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Agree he was dismissive of us, but he was saying it as it is. We are the worst at scoring in the league.

Exactly. 8 goals in 16 says it all.

We score on average 0.5 goals per game and are conceding 2 goals per game 😬

Re: De Gea's m.o.m...Pukki's shot was already going over. Kabak's first header was a good height and distance from him and can be filed as 'one for the cameras'

Kabak's second header was offside and would have been ruled out.

He's only made one save which was on target, unless m.o.m's are being handed out for saves of chances which were offside anyway??

Krul actually made more saves

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

United were poor today and there for the taking. We have zero cutting edge, apart from Pukki no-one else carries any kind of goal threat so all teams have to do is make sure someone man-marks Teemu all game and instantly any hope we have of scoring goes up in smoke.

If we don’t get some attacking reinforcements in January we’re going down. It’s that simple.

Edited by Canary Wundaboy

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Re: De Gea's m.o.m...Pukki's shot was already going over. Kabak's first header was a good height and distance from him and can be filed as 'one for the cameras'

Kabak's second header was offside and would have been ruled out.

He's only made one save which was on target, unless m.o.m's are being handed out for saves of chances which were offside anyway??

Krul actually made more saves

Pukkis shot wasn’t going over 

10 hours ago, Van wink said:

Eh? You missed the save he made from from Pukki then?

No I didn’t, I saw it, and I also saw the chances Pukki has missed in very many games this season. He is a proven championship striker whereby space and time comes his way. He cannot score in the prem regularly just as he couldn’t score in the SPL for Celtic. City need a striker who can score goals regularly, and take the chances that come their way. It’s costing City desperately,  and did in the last prem.  crusade, and one save, and the misses, do not make a summer!

8 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

United were poor today and there for the taking. We have zero cutting edge, apart from Pukki no-one else carries any kind of goal threat so all teams have to do is make sure someone man-marks Teemu all game and instantly any hope we have of scoring goes up in smoke.

If we don’t get some attacking reinforcements in January we’re going down. It’s that simple.

A goal threat. Not at prem level for sure? 
This season we have scored 8 goals in 16 matches. Speaks for itself!

Neville said two things that seemed bizarre: regardless of us missing chances, he also claimed in 2nd half that we hadn't created chances, and yet gave de gea motm.  Also his suggestion that man u were sluggish based on over training seemed a flight of fantasy. Experienced  manager arrives and then immediately over cooks the team, doesn't seem that likely. Commentator then took that as if it was a fact after neville said it too.

Unfortunately he is right. Wolves we made chances and didn’t score. Newcastle had 10 men for most of it, we didn’t score. Man Utd were rubbish and we didn’t score. Other than Newcastle I think any other team would have beaten them.

Considering the preparation, we did a fine job yesterday but we have to convert chances to win. It’s the major difference between us and Brentford.

Pukki has little help in that regard. He also needs a few chances before he converts one. He is a free transfer from Brondby, not his fault, he has maximised his talent level, it’s where he is. We’ve gone into another season where we have no realistic alternative to him, in hindsight the Tzolis money should have been spent on a better alternative to Sargent. 

It was a lazy analysis based on the game that had actually transpired. There was quality on show today (e.g Pukki's top corner screamer) but their goalkeeper had an outstanding game. 

7 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I was stood right behind it..either over, or the bar and over

I watched the replay (in slow motion) and that was very clearly going in. 

We should have taken something from that game, if we could finish/get better balls into Pukki we would have.

He’s right, that’s why it’s tough to take.