TeemuVanBasten

Did Cantwell touch the ball?

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Backs down slowly, trying to save face, laughable.

I was actually impressed with my ability to wind you up in just 8 words this time, and that included the 5 in the title.

You like fishing don't you Corky?

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I was actually impressed with my ability to wind you up in just 8 words this time, and that included the 5 in the title.

You like fishing don't you Corky?

You went to all ths trouble to try to get a rise out of me ? I should be flattered , but I know its lies.

I prefer Angling, do keep up. How are the kids?

38 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You don't like him we get it

I thought he done well for someone who wasn't playing today! 

Careful - @Commonsensewill be after you on his fact hunt!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I thought he done well for someone who wasn't playing today! 

Careful - @Commonsensewill be after you on his fact hunt!

No that’s reserved for the rubbish you post.

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

No that’s reserved for the rubbish you post.

Thanks for clarifying, appreciate the endorsement! Praise indeed. 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Well did he?

Won us a very dangerous free kick and yes he touched the ball A fair few times 

Edited by Dr Greenthumb
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

To be fair Todd did struggle to get involved and looked every bit as rusty as you' could expect of someone who's been out of the side for so long. That said, the other 'stand-ins', placheta, sorenson, kabak all had decent games and looked at home, no evident rustiness. 

Todd lost the ball on a couple of occasions even with the limited touches, one tidy trick led to a loose touch, but generally looked well off the pace. he did win the 2 free kicks that infuriated man u and lead to decent chances. Not sure why he looks such a shadow of himself and the player we know he can be. Seems to have totally lost the mojo. Placheta looked the more accomplished player today, if you'd said that last season you'd get laughed out of the city. 

19 minutes ago, Bluefloyd said:

To be fair Todd did struggle to get involved and looked every bit as rusty as you' could expect of someone who's been out of the side for so long

I don't really get this.

He featured in the first five games this season for the first team, the last of those being on the 18th September.

He was then out of the first team until Dean Smith picked him for the Southampton game on 20th November.

So that's two months, which to be fair is quite a long time.

But he actually played a full 90 minutes for the U23's on 22nd October, and then another full 90 on 5th November. So he basically had a month out. 

Loads of players miss a month with a hamstring injury or whatever, but it doesn't take this much effort to shake off the rust does it? 

12 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Loads of players miss a month with a hamstring injury or whatever, but it doesn't take this much effort to shake off the rust does it? 

Does if your heart isnt in it.................

Actions (or lack of) on the pitch, speak louder than words on the socials. 

Cantwell won't be at Norwich much longer - his attitude stinks. Gutted we didn't cash in on him when his stock was high because we will get a fraction of that for him now.

6 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Does if your heart isnt in it.................

Actions (or lack of) on the pitch, speak louder than words on the socials. 

Well if I thought the bloke had depression, to the extent where he was actually on antidepressants, I'd have some sympathy - but he was very critical of fans on social media who suggested he had mental health problems. 

I don't understand how missing one month of football can require one month or more of getting up to speed, you expect it to take a while after breaking a leg or doing your ligaments in as you have to build up strength. If you were an older player perhaps missing a month impacts you more as it messes with routine and recovery times and its easier to put on a few pounds. 

But I'd have thought a 23 year old with no weight issues would be able to get themselves in tip top shape after a few weeks hitting the gym hard? Not like you can forget how to play football in a month is it? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

13 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Well if I thought the bloke had depression, to the extent where he was actually on antidepressants, I'd have some sympathy - but he was very critical of fans on social media who suggested he had mental health problems. 

I don't understand how missing one month of football can require one month or more of getting up to speed, you expect it to take a while after breaking a leg or doing your ligaments in as you have to build up strength. If you were an older player perhaps missing a month impacts you more as it messes with routine and recovery times and its easier to put on a few pounds. 

But I'd have thought a 23 year old with no weight issues would be able to get themselves in tip top shape after a few weeks hitting the gym hard? Not like you can forget how to play football in a month is it? 

Especially if it's someone who has been a football player all their life. 

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Not all mental health conditions are depression. Oh, and not all mental health conditions are prescribed with antidepressants.

3 minutes ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

Not all mental health conditions are depression. Oh, and not all mental health conditions are prescribed with antidepressants.

Not the first time that this has come up sadly. Some people just really don't understand mental health or the impact it can have on people.

13 minutes ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

What on earth is your point? 

Cantwell himself said in late October, very firmly, that he has not had any mental health issues. That's what I said here...

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

but he was very critical of fans on social media who suggested he had mental health problems. 

It doesn't matter how many mental health conditions you can list, whether it is Bipolar types I or II, schizophrenia, depression, borderline personality order, PTSD, or any of the other mental health issues that you could list but have condescendingly have implied I am not aware of, because Cantwell has himself said that he hasn't suffered any of them. I hope that clears that up. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

10 minutes ago, chicken said:

Not the first time that this has come up sadly. Some people just really don't understand mental health or the impact it can have on people.

Are you implying that Todd Cantwell has been suffering from mental health issues, after he has stated very firmly and clearly in late October that he hasn't? Is that appropriate do you think? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Mental disorder takes many guises.Obsessive behaviour is one such manifestation. Your continuing obsession with this 23 year old man is an excellent example of obsessive behaviour.

On one level you have shown that you are not a stupid man, but on another level you continue to give us carefully coded evidence that he occupies your thoughts. Your posts on here m case study into unhealthy obsession.

We will never know the root cause of your obsession, 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

What on earth is your point? 

Cantwell himself said in late October, very firmly, that he has not had any mental health issues. That's what I said here...

It doesn't matter how many mental health conditions you can list, whether it is Bipolar types I or II, schizophrenia, depression, borderline personality order, PTSD, or any of the other mental health issues that you could list but have condescendingly have implied I am not aware of, because Cantwell has himself said that he hasn't suffered any of them. I hope that clears that up. 

There’s no need to be so aggressive. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Pugin said:

On one level you have shown that you are not a stupid man,

I'm not so sure. It wasn't exactly an intelligent decision to start up this thread. Apparently is was to 'go fishing'. Just what we needed after a gutting defeat and a great performance.

OTBC

• Like 4

10 hours ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

There’s no need to be so aggressive. Thank you.

Yesterday you called me an "odious and bizarre cretin" and now you are getting all precious about an apparent aggressive tone?

10 hours ago, Pugin said:

Mental disorder takes many guises.Obsessive behaviour is one such manifestation. Your continuing obsession with this 23 year old man is an excellent example of obsessive behaviour.

On one level you have shown that you are not a stupid man, but on another level you continue to give us carefully coded evidence that he occupies your thoughts. Your posts on here m case study into unhealthy obsession.

We will never know the root cause of your obsession, 

Pugin,

Todd Cantwell has told everybody that he has no mental health problems.

I'm just saying that if he were suffering from mental health issues then that would be a mitigating factor for his lack of impact this season. 

Some seem to want to use mental health as a mitigating factor for Cantwell's lack of impact, and I'm just saying that this is very odd considering the man himself has very firmly stated that under no uncertain terms is he suffering from mental health issues.

In light of the fact that he isn't suffering from mental health issues, I'll just assume he has fallen out of love with football. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

On 11/12/2021 at 23:32, Bluefloyd said:

Not sure why he looks such a shadow of himself and the player we know he can be. Seems to have totally lost the mojo. Placheta looked the more accomplished player today, if you'd said that last season you'd get laughed out of the city. 

Todd is quite a limited player atheltically to begin with. When he plays well he does it quite beautifully. Weaving around, doing little tricks, dribbles one-twos and cute passes. He engages in the game in a very complicated way. It makes sense that this type of flow cant just be activated with the flick of a switch. He lost his focus for a while, was injured. With his style of play you cant just "turn it on" again.

It could also be that despite the change of manager he hasnt refound his focus yet. Lets hope that is not the case and that he can find his best football again. Norwich need him at his best to survive in the league. Either that or Placheta to step up even further. I think this might have been Placheta's best display in a Norwich shirt. Although he did look good in a game for Norwich early last season where he almost scored off a Pukki pass at the end

Edited by shruk4