lake district canary

That is how to buy a penalty

1 hour ago, KernowCanary said:

Ronaldo has the face of a large neck with a prominent Adam’s apple you would like to smash in with an anvil…..repeatedly.

I hope Italy beat Portugal in the World Cup play offs, horrible human being and overrated player. For all his so-called genius they couldn’t finish in their group above Serbia, a team with many players not well known outside their own country, apart from that Fulham guy.

Are you disconnected? Maybe on drugs? The posts you post remind me of my friend doing mushrooms.  try to find something relevant?

WTF was Aaron’s doing marking Ronaldo anyway?? He’s not going to outjump him is he??

Brentford's pen was dodgy too, but not picked up on by match of the day despite replays showing the Brentford player was throwing himself down before any contact had been made... 

A lot of penalties given this weekend where it’s clear the attacking players are looking for contact then going down knowing that provided VAR shows some contact they will get the penalty. Seems to have become more pronounced.

Ronaldo knew exactly what he was doing. I don’t believe Max pulled him at all, Ronaldo flung himself backwards as soon as he felt Max’s arm. 

• Like 2

I just heard on Sky News that four of yesterday's five games were decided on penalties.

The four winning teams: Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Just saying.

Having only seen the City game I am unable to comment further but, if yesterday was anything to go by, it does seem that frightened and accommodating referees, like the one yesterday, make it easy for the players in the elite teams to buy a penalty.  

It's almost as if the officials want to be tricked in order to maintain the status quo. Cowards, the lot of 'em.

The only thing missing from Ronaldo's altercation with Max yesterday was that famous wink afterwards.

10 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Jesus Christ.

Strange reaction to someone calling an actual rapist an actual rapist.

Edited by canarydan23

On a different note remember Kruls penalty save that was wiped off due to encroachment v Arsenal 2 years ago…….

image.thumb.png.4c6b0bd5d07bc01c7464875033b93c15.png

8 hours ago, chicken said:

Brentford's pen was dodgy too, but not picked up on by match of the day despite replays showing the Brentford player was throwing himself down before any contact had been made... 

Total simulation, yet no-one mentioned it. It was one of those that you say the defender was at fault for putting his leg across like he did, but it was so far in front of the player that it was not even a tackle and the attacker had so much time to think "oh, thanks mate" and go down.  But it was simulation total and utter - and I thought VAR was supposed to stop this?

6 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

On a different note remember Kruls penalty save that was wiped off due to encroachment v Arsenal 2 years ago…….

Never even noticed this, even more angry now 

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Total simulation, yet no-one mentioned it. It was one of those that you say the defender was at fault for putting his leg across like he did, but it was so far in front of the player that it was not even a tackle and the attacker had so much time to think "oh, thanks mate" and go down.  But it was simulation total and utter - and I thought VAR was supposed to stop this?

That’s where all the pundits seem to go now. It’s dangerous because it’s almost “if there is contact it’s a penalty territory whereas the question should be whether the contact is a foul or is sufficient to cause the player to go down. 

really think we are seeing a deliberate tactic from the big clubs now to draw contact in the box and then go down knowing that on the slow mo replays if there is any contact there is a good chance with VAR that the penalty gets given one way or another. The one against us at Everton was another example.

Aarons gave the ref the opportunity to make a decision, on that there can't be any complaints.

Is it a penalty? For me no. Ronaldo is one of the strongest and most effective players in the air ever seen in the PL. If he could have reached the cross there's no way little Max was stopping him getting there; being as he couldn't reach it he chose to be fouled.

Letter of the law? Penalty. Subjectively? Tell him to get up. But at the moment it feels like we are dealt with to the letter of the law with an iron whistle, but 'bigger' teams are given a more softer more subjective approach.

As DS said though. I am a sore loser.

12 hours ago, Heading South said:

Ronaldo football ability is diminishing he is now on his pension trip BUT that was a penalty Aaron’s gives him a little pull back , watch it more closely….. Aaron’s knew he was in the wrong !

I wouldn’t completely agree that he was pulled, think there are only two people that will ever really know but it appeared to me that the moment Ronaldo realised the cross was too high to reach he used the poor decision from Aaron’s to put an arm over to score anyway. It’s a player who may take 200 penalties in a career, he knows how to win them. I don’t ‘blame’ Ronaldo even though I dislike him immensely and remember Aaron’s buying a very dubious penalty himself not so long ago, but, I would seriously question if Maguire had done the same to Pukki at the other end if the outcome would be consistent. 

1 minute ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

I wouldn’t completely agree that he was pulled, think there are only two people that will ever really know but it appeared to me that the moment Ronaldo realised the cross was too high to reach he used the poor decision from Aaron’s to put an arm over to score anyway. It’s a player who may take 200 penalties in a career, he knows how to win them. I don’t ‘blame’ Ronaldo even though I dislike him immensely and remember Aaron’s buying a very dubious penalty himself not so long ago, but, I would seriously question if Maguire had done the same to Pukki at the other end if the outcome would be consistent. 

Maguire did pull back Placheta in their box but Placheta stayed on his feet and took the shot. On the basis that nice guys seem to come off worse perhaps he should have gone down. 

9 hours ago, NWC said:

WTF was Aaron’s doing marking Ronaldo anyway?? He’s not going to outjump him is he??

And therein lies Aaron's biggest weakness - his height!  In the previous EPL season this was exploited time and again, i've been surprised that this tactic hasn't been used more this season. 

As a full back he should be marking the oppositions winger, so nothing wrong there.  He unfortunately had to resort to mid-air nudging to compensate for his lack of height.

54 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

That was because the player who encroached subsequently played the ball. You will find encroachment on literally every penalty, but it's only pulled up if the penalty is saved and the player who encroached (whether that's an attacker or defender) then touches the ball.

I'm still annoyed by the award of the penalty, however. What was the difference between Man Utd's penalty and Cash's arm on the back of Mane's shoulder/neck? Mane threw himself to the ground just as Ronaldo did, even though he could've stayed on his feet, but the referee on that occasion didn't fall for it. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

My question would be if it was Pukki that had done that, and we’d won the game, would we be complaining? I think not.

I would hope Pukki would have kept his feet and gone on to score anyway.

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

That was because the player who encroached subsequently played the ball. You will find encroachment on literally every penalty, but it's only pulled up if the penalty is saved and the player who encroached (whether that's an attacker or defender) then touches the ball.

I'm still annoyed by the award of the penalty, however. What was the difference between Man Utd's penalty and Cash's arm on the back of Mane's shoulder/neck? Mane threw himself to the ground just as Ronaldo did, even though he could've stayed on his feet, but the referee on that occasion didn't fall for it. 

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

That’s not the rule though. If an attacking players encroaches it should be re-taken 

2 hours ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

My question would be if it was Pukki that had done that, and we’d won the game, would we be complaining? I think not.

I think the more pertinent question is if Pukki had done that yesterday, would the same ref have given us the penalty? I think not.

• Like 2

Ronaldo should take up ballet dancing when he retires from football - he’s already gained loads of experience throughout his football career

Yet another absurd penalty given, which in this case favours us. One James Maddison buys a penalty against Newcastle. I can see why the ref gave it, but how VAR didn't overrule that decision and JM didn't get booked I have no idea. 

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 1

A definite penalty due to a poor decision by Max. Ronaldo wasn’t going to get up to the cross so no need to touch him. Poor decision making is costing us big time this season. The gutting thing is that we played so well and thoroughly deserved at least a point. If we can cut out the unenforced errors and continue this Level of performance then we still have a chance of staying up.

Contact does not mean its a foul. Why do so many think its fair to dive when someones arm touches them? Why do supporters think its fair? Its a contact sport as Ronaldo knew when producing a couple of fouls himself.

Yes Max was naive but that has never been cause for a foul in the rules.I

everyone I spoke to at the golf club this morning thought it was not a penalty and thought we were cheated out of a point.

3 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

That’s not the rule though. If an attacking players encroaches it should be re-taken 

Officially, you're right. But like I said, there's encroachment on every penalty; you'll do well to find one where there's no encroachment. As a result, it's only ever pulled up when an encroaching player subsequently plays the ball.

In the interests of balance, I've just checked the two penalties that we've scored this season. For the one against Leicester, Williams is in the box and Tielemans appears to be inside the D, whereas against Brentford it looks like only two Brentford players encroaching.

Aarons was naive yes, but Ronaldo went down like Kathryn Mayorga in that hotel bathroom #raypissedpayoff

Edited by spencer 1970

10 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Strange reaction to someone calling an actual rapist an actual rapist.

It was an allegation as far as I'm aware.

The criminal charges were dropped.

I mean, I would advise that you tred carefully but actually I would find it quite funny if you got yourself in a spot of bother so just carry on as you are.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

It was an allegation as far as I'm aware.

The criminal charges were dropped.

I mean, I would advise that you tred carefully but actually I would find it quite funny if you got yourself in a spot of bother so just carry on as you are.

It's called a confession, not an allegation. He told his own legal team that he had sex with a woman who told him to stop and that he knew she hadn't wanted to "give it to him". Der Spiegel obtained a copy of the questionnaire. It's only because the document was stolen that US investigators said they could not pursue the case as it couldn't be used as evidence. Bizarre, and certainly wouldn't be the case if it happened in the UK.

Is there another word for someone who has sex with a person who hasn't given consent you'd rather I use?