lake district canary

That is how to buy a penalty

I heard his cry all the way from up here in Yorkshire.

Pathetic from Ronaldo.

• Like 1

It as a def pen. Aarons was very naive in his defending there and certainly caught the player round the neck.

• Like 2

ManUre team mates flooding over to Ron the Conaldo for gayly falling over in the box. 

Talk ****e saying it’s obvious and Aarons should know better - the Portugese tan advert has had a couple of seasons falling over in the Italian Acting League- Serie A cting

• Like 1

I've defended the refs on several occasions this season in the many 'ref was ****' and 'it's a conspiracy' threads, but that isn't a penalty for me. Yes, there was contact and Aarons was risking it, bit with any consistency of refereeing or theatrical tumbling, you'd be giving several penalties each game for incidents like that. 

• Like 1

Ronaldp, is, always has been, and always will be a diving cheating ****!! 

Give me the original Ronaldo any day. 

• Like 1

Gotta say, if you put your arm around any premier league strikers neck in the box, they'll go down. Stupid from Aarons, and he knows it by the look on his face at the end.

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Was a pen, you don't wrap your arm around a players neck.

I wish he'd twisted it sharply. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Was the only way Ronaldo was going to score today, had to use all his experience to buy a penalty because he forgot to bring any footballing ability.

• Like 1

I’ll wait to see it again - but that’s no penalty from where I’m sitting … Or to put it another way I genuinely believe that would not have been given the other way … soft soft soft

On a separate note I’m surprised by how many people in a South East London pub apparently come from Manchester ….

21 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Was a pen, you don't wrap your arm around a players neck.

Oh, have a day off Cambridge 🙄

22 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

ManUre team mates flooding over to Ron the Conaldo for gayly falling over in the box. 

Talk ****e saying it’s obvious and Aarons should know better - the Portugese tan advert has had a couple of seasons falling over in the Italian Acting League- Serie A cting

It was more than obvious, Aarons was the clown!

15 minutes ago, Deptford Yellow said:

I’ll wait to see it again - but that’s no penalty from where I’m sitting … Or to put it another way I genuinely believe that would not have been given the other way … soft soft soft

On a separate note I’m surprised by how many people in a South East London pub apparently come from Manchester ….

They’re like fckn cockroaches mate.

• Like 1

Ronaldo has the face of a large neck with a prominent Adam’s apple you would like to smash in with an anvil…..repeatedly.

I hope Italy beat Portugal in the World Cup play offs, horrible human being and overrated player. For all his so-called genius they couldn’t finish in their group above Serbia, a team with many players not well known outside their own country, apart from that Fulham guy.

2 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Yes but the ref’s job is spot that and he failed. Other end of the pitch that’s never given.

As is proven with the handball that's not even checked. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WD40 said:

I thought refs weren’t going to allow themselves to be tricked this year?

Different agenda, need to help the “big clubs” out

The Netflix documentary about premier league referee corruption is going to be bigger than the tiger king. I can’t wait.

1 hour ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Was the only way Ronaldo was going to score today, had to use all his experience to buy a penalty because he forgot to bring any footballing ability.

Ronaldo football ability is diminishing he is now on his pension trip BUT that was a penalty Aaron’s gives him a little pull back , watch it more closely….. Aaron’s knew he was in the wrong !

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

Give me the original Ronaldo any day. 

Same here. His ice creams were lovely 😋

1 hour ago, Robert Barnes said:

That’s Ronaldo’s game he waits and feels for things like that,and turns them into free kicks and penalties 

Much as I've always despised Ronaldo's diving the fact remains that 'things like that' should be free kicks and penalties.

You aren't allowed to hold player's shirts or wrap your arms around them yet defenders do it routinely, usually get away with it and then get surprised and offended when a ref actually applies the rules correctly.

Of course, there is a huge consistency problem when the rules are so rarely enforced but I think the only real answer is to complain every time the rules aren't enforced rather than on the occasions when they are.