Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Man Utd (PL) *****

Totally undeserved win for them, superb team performance, especially given the circumstances.

Proved me well wrong. Well done boys. Absolutely deserved a draw from that if not for some dark arts. 

Good performance and only separated by De Gea's game saver. Dimi was easily best player on whole park !

We don’t deserve to lose this game. It’s all thanks to Ronaldo’s simulation. Manure were manure today and the “n” in the second part of official name should be changed to “sh”

Edited by HazzaJet

1 minute ago, RugbyCanary said:

Sorenson  looks every inch a class act! Thought kabak has had a decent game also today!

Yes, he has also scored before and had two great headers saved today. For a CB he manages to get his head on things. 

Sorensen did fine.

Very very disappointing the result but I'm proud of that performance -  in terms of putting up a fight - but we need more up top as we need to get goals to dig ourselves out of our problems.

At least we now look like we deserve to be in the PL. Lots of fight. Bit unlucky tonight really against expensively assembled superstars, let's face it.

• Like 3

Lads all played brilliantly. Didn't deserve to lose. 1 moment of madness by aarons, if that was the other end, no penalty, no var check. We certainly look better under smith than we did under farke. Good to see Todd back again

Same problem we just can't score. I can't help but think that we will not get a chance like that to beat Manchester United again, they looked poor. I think it's a missed opportunity.  

Edited by Alex

Have to say on that performance Sorenson has been criminally under-used so far. 

He's exactly what we need at the base of the midfield. 

• Like 4

Hope the Man Utd team get food poisoning on way back with only 1 coach toilet and no toilet roll.

• Haha 1

Just now, Fuzzar said:

Yep, odd how some players just seem to get overlooked

Just now, Fuzzar said:

Just now, Van wink said:

Hopefully a chance for Sorensen to get a run in the team, always done his job for us.

Agree with both here, hopefully Dean can see it too - and I have hope since he's given Placheta a chance

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Same problem we just can't score. I can't help but think that we will not get a chance like that to beat Manchester United again, they looked poor. I think it's a missed opportunity.  

Its not easy to do it for anyone anymore in rainy a day at Norwich..😉

But actually, it starts to feel like opponents are starting to take a note that there are no easy points to take from Carrow Road anymore.

Give Sargent credit today, worked his socks off and made some very good runs. Looked half decent. Sorensen, just made us look like we had a calm defence, he’s quality and I’m at a loss to why he’s not been used!

Cantwell very slow and looks really in need of more game time to get that sharpness back. Good hard performance with a little piece of bad luck for the penalty. It wouldn’t have been given if that been United box.

• Like 2

Am I missing something here, but wasn't Fred rolling around on the floor time wasting for more than a minute at the end? Why is that not added as additional time?

There should have been time for one last push at the end there but the ref has allowed them to waste time and get away with it. 

1 minute ago, Gibbo said:

Am I missing something here, but wasn't Fred rolling around on the floor time wasting for more than a minute at the end? Why is that not added as additional time?

There should have been time for one last push at the end there but the ref has allowed them to waste time and get away with it. 

I mean we did get 5 minutes

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean we did get 5 minutes

We already had 5 minutes

Happily surprised to see us compete so well given the circumstances.  I thought the whole team did well.

Which makes 0 points even more gutting quite honestly. 

Sargent did really well today in everything except shooting.  Maybe striker isn't his best position?  It got glossed over in commentary, but he managed to step on and fall over the ball in their 6 yard box.  Made me laugh.. what else can you do at this stage?

Gutted with that. Played pretty well but not clinical enough and then done by that classless little cheat winning a penalty. He knew exactly what he was doing and the ref couldn’t wait to oblige. It was cheating though, pure and simple. I hope all those “excited to see Ronaldo” enjoyed that.

we are much improved, especially without the ball. But we need to start winning games again.

• Like 1

A good all-round team performance. Giannoulis will be extremely unlucky to lose his place after that - any chance Williams can play at centre-back if required? Sorensen should keep his place.

The only negative, I’m afraid, is that with a fully fit squad, PLM should be nowhere near the bench…….

28 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

It was a def pen. Aarons was very naive in his defending there and pulled his man down. 

You really think Aarons pulled him down?

Dion just said it - he felt the contact and jumped backwards.

Edited by lake district canary

Just now, lake district canary said:

You really think Aarons pulled him down?

He put his hand where it should not have been. It’s a stupid mistake that made it easy for a cynical old pro like Ronaldo. Aarons to blame 

Cheating scum, but at least we are not sponsored by an equally cheating scum company who’s application is used to cheat law abiding citizens into thinking their computer has viruses on it.

Fu*k Man United and their horrible city also. The only thing it has going for it, is it’s music scene, “Unknown Pleasures” is the greatest album ever recorded.

Edited by KernowCanary

1 hour ago, All the Germans said:

I'd take Gilmour off and bring PLM on. He's more phyiscal, better engine, better at tackling, more useful at winning headers (defending and attacking). However, I know, we'd really miss the sideways passes if Gilmour wasn't on. I genuinely can't work out what he brings to the team? 

Get yerself off to specsavers idiot.

• Like 1