Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Man Utd (PL) *****

Strange game. We’ve actually had chances. Sargent looks ok when we’re bang up against it and is an ok out ball. Dimi even looks good but we haven’t really been asked to defend. If I was a United fan id be pretty livid with this performance. 

1 hour ago, kirku said:

Similar circumstances when we beat City. The omens are very good.

Just kidding, we're going to get hammered.

And now we've got a midfielder at CB as well...

Yes, I'm going to flog this horse until the very end

• Haha 1

Very creditable performance so far, all things considered. 

Rupp excellent and good performances mostly. Kabak worries me, Gilmour needs to check his world class shoulder and Pukki needs to wake the f*ck up. 

7 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

*whispers* Rupp having a good game so far.

Just look back at how many times he stuffed up our attacks in the United penalty area.

He's a menace, we could have had a few shots target but for Rupp.

3 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Very decent half. Would sell my soul for a point.

OTBC

How about one of your much discussed balls? 

• Haha 1

Love to see the calmness that is Jacob Sorensen. Hope he is going to be with us a good while. Big challenge today but he reads the game so well.

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Love to see the calmness that is Jacob Sorensen. Hope he is going to be with us a good while. Big challenge today but he reads the game so well.

He's busy checking his pockets for Ronaldo

• Like 1

Not unhappy with that. Decent tactic for a while in putting the ball deep so that Nuno and Sancho never got out of their half.

Obviously their class meant they would dominate in the end but we are disrupting their midfield enough to stop them threatening too much.

Teemu maybe should have scored but its hard to criticise with only one chance.

Just now, BaltimoreBird said:

I think dimi has looked more than decent. 

He usually looks good when he can get forward and on the outside. It's when we're pinned back and someone goes at him that his defensive frailties show - Utd haven't done that yet

Funny Kabak & Sorensen look a really cultured pair of CB. Sorensen never looks hurried, very calm and I’d really love to see him in that midfield.

Please can Giannoulis keep his place after this game? Williams has done decent at times and is a good defender but Giannoulis has a great left foot. A real asset in a team which struggles to create chances! 

Am amazed we’ve managed to keep a clean sheet for the first half considering we’re missing some key players due to injury. I think  Cantwell might come on second half 

Just now, Hairy Canary said:

Kenny and Rupp have put in decent performances in the middle of the park. Gilmore is so lightweight it’s not true.

Yep those two have definitely looked much better than Gilmour!

• Like 1

I'd take Gilmour off and bring PLM on. He's more phyiscal, better engine, better at tackling, more useful at winning headers (defending and attacking). However, I know, we'd really miss the sideways passes if Gilmour wasn't on. I genuinely can't work out what he brings to the team? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Very creditable performance so far, all things considered. 

Rupp excellent and good performances mostly. Kabak worries me, Gilmour needs to check his world class shoulder and Pukki needs to wake the f*ck up. 

Pukki's passing has been really off today. Cannot blame much for not scoring though as the passes he got in box were badly executed. Just hope Rupp had managed bit better with those

Send Gilmour back to Chelsea - the class is clear to see, but we need something different. It's clearly holding Sörensen back from quality time in the middle of the park.

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Sorensen could play there , CB'S  have changed over the years the big Malky is not what you need now you need pace and great ball playing skills with the ball being played out from the back ,as we saw with Godfrey it can work and i hope Sorensen makes the position his and he can nail down a position in the Team  

1 minute ago, All the Germans said:

I'd take Gilmour off and bring PLM on. He's more phyiscal, better engine, better at tackling, more useful at winning headers (defending and attacking). However, I know, we'd really miss the sideways passes if Gilmour wasn't on. I genuinely can't work out what he brings to the team? 

I think Gilmour has actually been good. Playing more forward and pacing the game today

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

Send Gilmour back to Chelsea - the class is clear to see, but we need something different. It's clearly holding Sörensen back from quality time in the middle of the park.

I think I must need glasses then.

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

Sorensen could play there , CB'S  have changed over the years the big Malky is not what you need now you need pace and great ball playing skills with the ball being played out from the back ,as we saw with Godfrey it can work and i hope Sorensen makes the position his and he can nail down a position in the Team  

Think big Andy Omobamidele would have a lot to say about that. More raw physicality about him.