Sign in to follow this  
pete

Another agent to be sent to the binners

20 minutes ago, Leedscanary said:

If Alex Neil doesn’t end up at Hibernian with Ben Kensall I’ll be amazed

Yep, this was what I was thinking, be surprised if Hibs didn’t consider him, people still remember his good record with Hamilton Accies. 

I don't want this I still like Neil and don't want his reputation tarnished by joining them. Ignoring his long term record at Preston he had an astonishing instant impact at Accies and here and the first part of his spell at Preston was good. He's a great impact manager and given that the level in L1 is so poor I could see him improving them massively this season. 

I hope it's Neil Harris, a mediocre uninspiring manager who plays poor football, like a poor mans McCarthy. That would be a perfect fit for me.

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I don't want this I still like Neil and don't want his reputation tarnished by joining them. Ignoring his long term record at Preston he had an astonishing instant impact at Accies and here and the first part of his spell at Preston was good. He's a great impact manager and given that the level in L1 is so poor I could see him improving them massively this season. 

I hope it's Neil Harris, a mediocre uninspiring manager who plays poor football, like a poor mans McCarthy. That would be a perfect fit for me.

Neil would be a good appointment for them and a huge step up from Cook. He's one one of those managers who just floats under the radar, never going to have a top job and it won't affect his stock if it goes wrong. Ipswich can probably afford to pay him more than Hibernian, which is an absolute nothing job.

41 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

My feelings exactly. I always liked Alex and  he’s far too good for them. I’m sure Houghton would be the ideal appointment for them. His recent record suggests they won’t win much and he could bore them to death on the way.

I've not followed many details about the binners new owners, but don't they have some cash? Appealing thought for a manager.

Fingers crossed he does not go there.

Good man in my opinion and he would deserve better than that pile of delusional has beens.

1 hour ago, KiwiScot said:

I've not followed many details about the binners new owners, but don't they have some cash? Appealing thought for a manager.

I thought they’d already spent that assembling “the most expensive team in League 1”? Note expensive does not equate to best.

Edited by Nuff Said

Just read this on TWTD and note the sense of delusions of grandeur are rampant!!

Perhaps I'm seeing this through my blue tinted spectacles, but with many names being ruled out, I'm surprised, as I thought this would be a very appealing job for many.

In league one of course, but:

We have one of the largest fan bases in the league.
We have one of the largest budgets in the league.
We have (Arguably), the best players in the league with crazy depth. Although I'm wondering if this is true at the moment.
We have Takayama, which is a fantastic restaurant.

I'd have thought that this would be really appealing for someone, as there is a real long term vision too. Surely someone like Lampard would see this is as a great opportunity for his CV? Not saying I'd want him, but just an example. Phil's story suggests that he'd want to be in the Championship at the lowest, but that seems strange seeing as we have the players and budget to get there, we just need the right man to guide us.

That said there was a reply which must be from our own City First which was framed in his usual anti Ipswich style implying that no manager would touch the job with a bargepole!

22 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Some cnut from Preston?

One of my favourite jokes