We all know that the Geoffrey Watling stand has needed work for years.

At what point would you be happy for us to put infrastructure before team improvement? For a club our size it will always be one or the other and not both. 

So in the simplest terms, what would be your criteria to begin the much needed work to increase capacity?

This was covered at the AGM just a few weeks ago, basically they have done work/research on it but at the moment the cost doesn't outweigh the rewards so it's a backburner project. The general idea has always been we need to be an established PL club in order to bankroll it, and that is still the case really. Playing squad has to come first to achieve that dream

What would your suggested capacity be? Surely the expense to add a second tier isn't worthwhile at this current time.

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

A three season long stay in the Prem. Pretty sure we talk about this twice a week

We had a three season stay before and no work was done despite McNally saying that was the criteria. The City Stand is a cringing embarrassment as it resembles your average Div. One or even Div. Two grounds! The work should have been carried out years ago. There is no foresight or ambition from the geriatrics who 'own' the club to push this project through so until they sell up / hand control to A N Other then don't expect anything to happen.  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, AJ said:

This was covered at the AGM just a few weeks ago, basically they have done work/research on it but at the moment the cost doesn't outweigh the rewards so it's a backburner project. The general idea has always been we need to be an established PL club in order to bankroll it, and that is still the case really. Playing squad has to come first to achieve that dream

NCFC will like most other pauper clubs never again be established in the Premier League without outside investment so building a new City Stand is a long way off.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

15 minutes ago, For the future said:

I can not understand why the club needs to expand the stadium we need to keep in the premier league and then later expand the ground .

What does keep in the Premier League mean in terms of years ?

Apart from the very top clubs almost anyone can find themselves in danger of being relegated at any time

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

We had a three season stay before and no work was done despite McNally saying that was the criteria. The City Stand is a cringing embarrassment as it resembles your average Div. One or even Div. Two grounds! The work should have been carried out years ago. There is no foresight or ambition from the geriatrics who 'own' the club to push this project through so until they sell up / hand control to A N Other then don't expect anything to happen.  

Must admit I do cringe when the TV cameras look down from the Jarrold stand. Must be one of the smallest stands in the Premier League if not the Championship and many League One.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Must admit I do cringe when the TV cameras look down from the Jarrold stand. Must be one of the smallest stands in the Premier League if not the Championship and many League One.

They should move the cameras to the other side of the pitch - problem solved.... much cheaper. 

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

What would your suggested capacity be? Surely the expense to add a second tier isn't worthwhile at this current time.

A fair question. Ideally around the 38-40k mark, I’d say. It would be nice to get to more games now that I live miles away and don’t have my season ticket. I just hope they make an architectural statement with it (and not ill-planned like the hotel). 

9 minutes ago, Surfer said:

They should move the cameras to the other side of the pitch - problem solved.... much cheaper. 

The cameraman would have to be on the roof to see over the top of the linesman.

11 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Just focus on the magnificent cathedral. 

Stadium upgrade? Preposterous suggestion.

That main stand is symbolic of Little Old Norwich, the club that has been generally ridiculed throughout the football world for the first quarter of the season.

We know our place.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Haha 1

The only changes to that stand likely in the near future are for half a dozen seats to be taken out and replaced by a sofa bed so that poor old Delia can have a proper sleep should the fancy take her during a game. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

As we know the record attendance at Carrow Road was in 1963 (v Leicester in the Cup) and totalled 43,984. Mostly standing, of course.

Things have changed a lot since those days. More choices of entertainment for people and a much altered income structure for the club, yet the match day experience has evolved and survived and is just as much in demand nowadays. The area is also more densely populated.

If we had 44, 000 seats available for tomorrow, they would likely be filled.

To be practicable, anything 32-35, 000 in future would nicely place us on the map.

Edited by BroadstairsR

9 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

FB_IMG_1634245289145.jpg

I wonder why of all the places they could have picked they chose to dig into a mountain.

• Like 1

I bloody hate looking at that stupid titty-totty stand every time I walk or drive by it.

I think there’ll always be an argument when not to do it. I’d be prepared to bite the bullet asap , do it taking the risk and inconvenience, but back ourselves as a club. When I was a lad you could pretty much go when you wanted, and the seeds of a lifetime support were sown. 

Go for a 33,000 plus capacity. A season with an average attendance of over 30,000 would really do it for me. I don’t know why but it just would.

OTBC. 

23 minutes ago, Pockthorpe said:

I bloody hate looking at that stupid titty-totty stand every time I walk or drive by it.

I think there’ll always be an argument when not to do it. I’d be prepared to bite the bullet asap , do it taking the risk and inconvenience, but back ourselves as a club. When I was a lad you could pretty much go when you wanted, and the seeds of a lifetime support were sown. 

Go for a 33,000 plus capacity. A season with an average attendance of over 30,000 would really do it for me. I don’t know why but it just would.

OTBC. 

Totally agree! If the club was at all ambitious, the Subbuteo stand would have been rebuilt years ago.