Lee Marshall

Which upcoming free agents would you want us to sign?

I saw that Dybala's contract expires in June, so we could sign him on a free. He would be a great asset to the team and would be amazing to sign.

Edit: Changed the topic title to a better thread idea. My previous idea was unrealisitic, looking back at it now.

Edited by Lee Marshall

This has to be satire. HE'S ON 220 THOUSAND A WEEK AND PLAYS FOR JUVENTUS

Anyway, I'm glad you're taking my crown for thread making. Thank you.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

But if we sell Todd, then we can afford it. Plus, in the summer, five of our loans players will go back to their clubs, giving us more money to use of new salarys of players.

14 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

This is getting a bit silly now

Some half-brain trying to be funny/clever on an internet forum. What's new?

Probably some semi-literate binner whose time would be better spent learning the basic grammatical rules and spellings of the language he was brought up with.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Some half-brain trying to be funny/clever on an internet forum. What's new?

Probably some semi-literate binner whose time would be better spent learning the basic grammatical rules and spellings of the language he was brought up with.

Or, a fan who supports the same club as you, wants to contribute to a fan forum of a football news site he likes, and suggest genuine ideas.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lee Marshall said:

Or, a fan who supports the same club as you, wants to contribute to a fan forum of a football news site he likes, and suggest genuine ideas.

OK Philomena.

Carry on then.

34 minutes ago, Lee Marshall said:

I saw that his contract expires in June, so we could sign him on a free. His wages might be a lot, but if we sell players in the summer, and don't extend some loan player's contracts, then we can afford Dybala's wages.

He would be a great asset to the team and would be amazing to sign.

Yawn.

24 minutes ago, Lee Marshall said:

I would have you’d be contributing to the discussion on how Frank Lampard suddenly wants to manage a side 11th in league 1

I got suspicious about this account yesterday and looking on here this morning just confirms my initial thoughts.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lee Marshall said:

Clearly you are having a bit of fun, no harm in that, but could I suggest you become a bit more subtle and less obvious. Even the most fervent, positive Norwich City fan will tell you that us signing Paulo Dybala is not a "genuine idea". There is more chance of me seeing Lord Lucan riding Shergar down Castle Meadow followed  by an open topped bus carrying the Ipswich Town Premier League winning team than Paulo Dybala ever gracing Carrow Road as a Norwich City player............

27 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Clearly you are having a bit of fun, no harm in that, but could I suggest you become a bit more subtle and less obvious. Even the most fervent, positive Norwich City fan will tell you that us signing Paulo Dybala is not a "genuine idea". There is more chance of me seeing Lord Lucan riding Shergar down Castle Meadow followed  by an open topped bus carrying the Ipswich Town Premier League winning team than Paulo Dybala ever gracing Carrow Road as a Norwich City player............

It was serious, the reason why is that I've seen some huge dowgrade transfers before. Like when Rafa went from Real Madrid to Newcastle, Payet to West Ham, Rooney from Everton to Derby, etc.

I guess it was silly to think Dybala would join us, the more I think about it. I see your point.

36 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

No ambition. 

1 hour ago, Lee Marshall said:

I saw that his contract expires in June, so we could sign him on a free. His wages might be a lot, but if we sell players in the summer, and don't extend some loan player's contracts, then we can afford Dybala's wages.

He would be a great asset to the team and would be amazing to sign.

This is a Norwich City forum, not football manager

47 minutes ago, king canary said:

If anyone actually is interested, here is a database of upcoming free agents, although some of these will likely have an extra years option.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/endendevertraege

The one that looks most interesting to me initially is Eddie Nketiah but we'd need to stay up first. 

Got a feeling half of those are gonna get snapped up by Newcastle

3 hours ago, Lee Marshall said:

But if we sell Todd, then we can afford it. Plus, in the summer, five of our loans players will go back to their clubs, giving us more money to use of new salarys of players.

This guy is a complete cretin.

• Like 1

I don't know why you are even bothering with this thread. The new Ipswich owners have made their goal of Champions League football perfectly clear with the dismissal of Paul Cook, to be replaced by Frank Lampard, Wayne Rooney, Prince William or another equally high profile appointment. It is obvious to me that any out of contract players worth having won't give us a second glance before heading to Portman Road.

Edited by Sooty57

1 hour ago, king canary said:

If anyone actually is interested, here is a database of upcoming free agents, although some of these will likely have an extra years option.

The one that looks most interesting to me initially is Eddie Nketiah but we'd need to stay up first. 

Lys Mousset? He's actually always played well when I've seen him play, not exactly prolific but decent. Only 25 too.

2 hours ago, king canary said:

There was an article on the BBC recently about Connor Goldson probably leaving Rangers at the end of the season. Wouldn’t mind Ben Brereton Diaz either but as he’s only 22 would we have to pay compensation?

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

There was an article on the BBC recently about Connor Goldson probably leaving Rangers at the end of the season. Wouldn’t mind Ben Brereton Diaz either but as he’s only 22 would we have to pay compensation?

Diaz is one with another years option, as we have with Cantwell. I checked as I was surprised to see his name on the list. Saying that if he only has another year he's someone we could take a run at if we stay up and Blackburn don't get promoted.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Diaz is one with another years option, as we have with Cantwell. I checked as I was surprised to see his name on the list. Saying that if he only has another year he's someone we could take a run at if we stay up and Blackburn don't get promoted.

I didn’t check!