Lee Marshall

Should we swap Cantwell for Origi?

Cantwell has a seven months remaining on his contract, and Liverpool want to get rid of Origi?

Thoughts?

Edited by Lee Marshall

Just now, Lee Marshall said:

Cantwell has a seven months remainin gon his contract, and Liverpool want to get rid of Origi?

Thoughts?

With Norwich receiving cash too I take it? Not a bad shout again by you I must say. 

1 minute ago, Lee Marshall said:

Cantwell has a seven months remainin gon his contract, and Liverpool want to get rid of Origi?

Thoughts?

I'd be flabbergasted  but delighted if  we could get Origi, with or without a deal on Todd . Origi is a full French international.  Do we have any full international from a major footballing nation?

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I'd be flabbergasted  but delighted if  we could get Origi, with or without a deal on Todd . Origi is a full French international.  Do we have any full international from a major footballing nation?

Krul.

Just now, Lewis DW said:

I have as many French caps as Origi 😆

Surely  you mean letters, or do you own a selection of Berets?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Krul, Aarons, Placheta, Mclean and Hanley.

Todd has 19months left if we invoke the year clause, which is a bit of a given.  This myth that he only has 7 months left is a bit daft. 

And what is a ‘major footballing nation’?  Who decides?  From teams at the Euros this summer, you’d include Finland - so Teemu  is in there (as technically is Drmic, who’s only in loan); USA are usually in W Cup so Josh is, too. 

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lee Marshall said:

Aarons is not a full international and please don't tell me Jockland are a major footballing nation.

If that is the case add Finland to the list ( Pukki ).

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Thanks 1

There's no chance Liverpool want Todd. We also retain an additional year option on him that we will 100% exercise.

Origi will have far bigger clubs in for him.

As an aside, he's Belgian.

• Like 2

Why do Liverpool want to get rid of Origi? 

He's played a lot recently and has scored a few crucial goals, he's great back-up for Firminho/Jota

23 minutes ago, AJ said:

Why do Liverpool want to get rid of Origi? 

He's played a lot recently and has scored a few crucial goals, he's great back-up for Firminho/Jota

I heard that it was reported that Origi wanted more game time.

7 minutes ago, Lee Marshall said:

I heard that it was reported that Origi wanted more game time.

In your opening post you clearly stated that Liverpool wanted to get rid of him so which is it ?

Why would Origi want to join a club with a misfiring midfield and everything else.  He may be a stand by for Liverpool. who will cost upwards of £40m, and wages of £100k.  Is the OP on drugs or is it a wind up of unfunny proportions.  Or just trying to keep up with Cambridge the new Morty on the posting count.  

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Thought Origi was Belgian?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee Marshall said:

Cantwell has a seven months remaining on his contract, and Liverpool want to get rid of Origi?

Thoughts?

Im sure they don't want to get rid of him with Salah and Mane on the verge of the African nations tournament starting in January.

3 hours ago, Lee Marshall said:

Scotland  are not a major footballing nation, nor are Poland.  Wasn't aware Max has  been capped at full international level either.

Lovely idea but Todd isn't good enough for Liverpool and Origi won't want to play Championship football.

13 minutes ago, graz said:

Lovely idea but Todd isn't good enough for Liverpool and Origi won't want to play Championship football.

Yeah but apart from that it's nailed on I'd say.

• Haha 1

Couple of major flaws to this plan,

Liverpool don't want Cantwell

Origi doesn't want Norwich

Other than that, excellent idea 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pete said:

Why would Origi want to join a club with a misfiring midfield and everything else.  He may be a stand by for Liverpool. who will cost upwards of £40m, and wages of £100k.  Is the OP on drugs or is it a wind up of unfunny proportions.  Or just trying to keep up with Cambridge the new Morty on the posting count.  

It's a serious suggestion. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you should insult people. You should act more mature on the forum and stop being rude.

Anyways, back on topic, it was rumoured both Origi wanted more game time, and Liverpool want to sell him due to disagreements. Cantwell was rumoured with a big move in summer, so that's why I thought we mighht swap him.