Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Another lockdown incoming..?

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The NHS Covid Pass site is still down. After logging in on my phone App it states.........

Please try again later.

There are currently issues with accessing the Covid Pass on the NHS App and Website. We are investigating the issues and will update as soon as we can.

Need to get that working in time for you to attend The Policemans  Ball Tilly?! 

2 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

I would go further I would chemically castrate the f@@@@@@ so they can’t breed their level of stupidity 

Chemical castration sounds even worse than the auld Lorena Bobbitt snip snip. Ouch!

2 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

I would go further I would chemically castrate the f@@@@@@ so they can’t breed their level of stupidity 

Well if stupidity were the criterion you should have castrated years ago.

Actually involuntary euthanasia might have been preferable.

019cb8c0-5749-11ec-9644-49a240c59864-ful

*Hospitalizations and deaths lag by 2 and 3 weeks behind infections respectively. It takes time for infections to filter to older people when their children or caretakers transmit the disease to them, which is why initially all variants have seemed mild. Also, numbers are  revised upwards and may double from initial release.

There is a lot of hopium and copium being passed around. Don't fall for the sugar high. There is absolutely no case for thinking this is milder. Avoid crowds - that includes Norwich games. Wear FFP2/3 masks like your life depended on it if you absolutely have to attend. Doubling time of 2.5 days means without precautions you'll be catching it soon with millions of others and life-saving treatment may not be available to you should you need it.

Edited by Upo
clarification

Looking at the state of all this I might have to stay away from games.

Explaining to Bernie, 84, about what QR code he needs to Will make entry to the ground impossible.

Edited by The Real Buh

4 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Care to give a sane explanation for this position given that the vaccinated can spread the virus and contract it? 

Surely if a vaccine doesn’t stop you catching it or giving it - the only protection is for you. At which point what another person chooses to do has zero to do with you 

That if a vaccinated person has a smaller chance of contracting the virus, which they do, then they have a smaller chance of passing it on. It's just a percentage game.

It's not infallible and vaccinated people can clearly still get covid and pass it to the next person.

However much like a driver who is over the limit may drive ok where a driver who is under might crash, the chances of killing someone else is higher with someone who has had a couple of double vodkas before getting behind the wheel, hence the fact we restrict it.

Until then majority people realise this is not about 'keeping you healthy' and is more about curtailing your freedom, lockdowns will not cease. Sadly the majority will go along with it, because they listen to the media and are fearful for their own safety, without putting up much of a stink until we are at a point where people are not allowed to buy food unless you conform to the whims of the ruling minority.

Once we get there, those that are about to mock this post (who would have been the same people to mock a post 3 years ago saying we will be in total lockdown every winter) will happily comply.

Sad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1902 said:

That if a vaccinated person has a smaller chance of contracting the virus, which they do, then they have a smaller chance of passing it on. It's just a percentage game.

It's not infallible and vaccinated people can clearly still get covid and pass it to the next person.

However much like a driver who is over the limit may drive ok where a driver who is under might crash, the chances of killing someone else is higher with someone who has had a couple of double vodkas before getting behind the wheel, hence the fact we restrict it.

9 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Until then majority people realise this is not about 'keeping you healthy' and is more about curtailing your freedom, lockdowns will not cease. Sadly the majority will go along with it, because they listen to the media and are fearful for their own safety, without putting up much of a stink until we are at a point where people are not allowed to buy food unless you conform to the whims of the ruling minority.

Once we get there, those that are about to mock this post (who would have been the same people to mock a post 3 years ago saying we will be in total lockdown every winter) will happily comply.

Sad.

I'm happy to mock any post which pretends there isn't a health crisis and that lockdowns are a control measure imposed by an elite across multiple countries simultaneously in some form of coordinated hatred of humanity.

Edited by 1902
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Literally anyone can make a YouTube show saying big pharma and quoting a study which is not linked. It proves nada.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 1902 said:

I'm happy to mock any post which pretends there isn't a health crisis and that lockdowns are a control measure imposed simultaneously by an elite across multiple countries simultaneously in come form of coordinated hatred of humanity.

Good for you.

Let's see how it plays out. I'm sure in several years I will be vindicated. By then it will be too late and you will be forced to do things you are opposed to to survive. But if you're happy to give up the freedoms your grandfather fought for because you are worried about your short term interest, more power to you.

1 minute ago, 1902 said:

Literally anyone can make a YouTube show saying big pharma and quoting a study which is not linked. It proves nada.

Missed the point. A reputable dictionary has changed the definition of 'vaccine'.

2 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Good for you.

Let's see how it plays out. I'm sure in several years I will be vindicated. By then it will be too late and you will be forced to do things you are opposed to to survive. But if you're happy to give up the freedoms your grandfather fought for because you are worried about your short term interest, more power to you.

My grandfather gave up 1000s of rights in that fight. Rights like what he could buy, where he could go, when he could have lights on. So invoking it is ridiculous.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Missed the point. A reputable dictionary has changed the definition of 'vaccine'.

Missed my point. A YouTube video isn't a source and one which has such a clear bias from the beginning isn't reputable.

• Like 1

Just now, 1902 said:

Missed my point. A YouTube video isn't a source and one which has such a clear bias from the beginning isn't reputable.

Again, like Concorde. The dictionary has change the definition of 'vaccine'. Why?

Go to your bank account, check what is written next to the account balance. 

Ask yourself: are you happy with what you see?

Now do you feel protected with your 2 doses?

How does the future look for you?

9 hours ago, Tzol Machine said:

Medical reasons? Mate it doesn’t even work. What are you saying? You can catch and spread it. Why would you owe any one to inject yourself with stuff that isnt even adequately been proven which Medical Degree Fauci said for a proper research to be conclusive they need 10 years. 

the whole point of the 2 week lockdowns was to flatten the curve = dint work

the whole point of the masks was to flatten the curve = dint work

the whole point of testings was to flatten the curve = dint work

the whole point of vaccines was to lower the spread = dint work

all meanwhile since the start of this worldwide dictatorship we had these events and agendas that moved forward:

Biggest Wealth transfer from poor to rich

Neuralink

Green new deal

Metaverse

Crypto sky rocketing

China’s global advance as the superpower of the world

Climate Change policies

just to name a few. 

You’re losing your land and the right to own property, soon you will lose your mind and body.

if you want to talk about duty you should talk about defending your nation, arm yourself with knowledge and power. All the information is public just search for it and follow the money. Dont go on questionable sites. No go to the official sites. Find out who owns what and who does what.

you will be surprised 

This needs to feature in the end of season post awards.

I'm not sure which category yet, but it's just truly....... Something.

On 08/12/2021 at 17:54, BigManInTheBarclay said:

some shocking grammar in this post...maybe educate yourself on that before trying educate others on this bs?

I think he’s Greek mate as he appeared on here once Tzolis signed for us and is always saying how great he is, he also speaks about two week lock downs which I don’t think we had in the UK? At least that excuses his grammar, the other stuff, well………………

Edited by Rivvo
Autocorrect
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Sad.

Until you realise the anti-covid measures are as much about preventing you from giving the virus to others as keeping yourself alive I imagine you will continue to spout cod-libertarian nonsense.

• Like 6

It’s more nuanced than black and white and two clear sides, but the usual suspects land into teams.

is the virus real? Undoubtedly, is the new variant real? Yup!

do governments have a track record of giving back freedoms that they take away? Not so much. Is a social credit system on the way to allow those in power to remain profitable and have us compete with China?

… you tell me boss.

Edited by The Real Buh

10 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Sad.

Yes, it affects freedoms, but not for the reasons you say.  What some people seem to think is that they as individuals are more important than society as a whole, but in something like a pandemic, losing a few personal freedoms for a while is a small price to pay.  A bit like rationing during and after WW2 - a temporary measure to ensure that there was enough food to keep the country as a whole from starving.  The greater good. 

I get that people don't like governments, Boris and the tories in particular, but governments are necessary and frankly, those that keep on the anti-vax, anti-wearing mask, anti-lockdown stance are just being selfish. You walk into a room having had no vax, not wearing a mask and get the virus from someone else in that room who has done the same, you then go home and give that virus to your family or friends, then you are perpetuating a way of life that is rapidly going to see the NHS overun in very quick time with all the horrors of that.   But you go into that room having had the vax, wearing a mask (or better still not even go in that room) and in that room others are doing the same, then the chances are less that you will get it and go home and infect your family and friends.  It's a joint effort to slow the thing down.

Some people also can't handle the thought that we live as a collective, not as individuals. Thinking you are an individual and can somehow exist without others is a total fallacy. We rely on each other, as recent events over the last two years have shown quite clearly.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s more nuanced than black and white and two clear sides, but the usual suspects land into teams.

is the virus real? Undoubtedly, is the new variant real? Yup!

do governments have a track record of giving back freedoms that they take away? Not so much. Is a social credit system on the way to allow those in power to remain profitable and have us compete with China?

… you tell me boss.

Nail on head Buho!! Once again it's divide and conquer.  If the proles are arguing among  themselves,  then they won't notice the  fences being built around them. Fwiw I'm  double vaxxed and waiting  for a booster..... not particularly  happy about it though, but as my wife was seriously ill  before she passed I was prepared to be vaxxed, as I felt it reduced the chances of me becoming seriously ill..and therefore unable to care for her.

It's personal decision.  I also believe that in order to attend large events then some degree if screening is required. 

Your most salient point Buho, Is that  governments  do not have a great track record  of reinstating freedoms . .. this worries me  more  than the virus  itself. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Nail on head Buho!! Once again it's divide and conquer.  If the proles are arguing among  themselves,  then they won't notice the  fences being built around them. Fwiw I'm  double vaxxed and waiting  for a booster..... not particularly  happy about it though, but as my wife was seriously ill  before she passed I was prepared to be vaxxed, as I felt it reduced the chances of me becoming seriously ill..and therefore unable to care for her.

It's personal decision.  I also believe that in order to attend large events then some degree if screening is required. 

Your most salient point Buho, Is that  governments  do not have a great track record  of reinstating freedoms . .. this worries me  more  than the virus  itself. 

Sorry to hear your news Corkio. 

Condolences and sympathy to you.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

here's about where we are... perhaps we're just not cut out for trying to prevent the virus from virusing. Have a great Christmas folks, gonna be a long 2022...

Screenshot_20211209-105901_Chrome.jpg

If you want to understand how Germany got into such a situation in the 1930s you just have to read the post by that lakey imbecile. 

Its a pandemic. Greater good. Personal sacrifice. Compliance. Fear. A threat. 

Let's look at facts. 

Covid isn't going away. They even said last night it would require bi annual boosters like flu.

Do even the most mentally limited of you think the covid passport ever gets discontinued? 

Its here forever. 

Showing you vaccination status to have freedom. Freedom that can be squeezed any time a new "threat" emerges. 

Bearing in mind senior journos said govt advisors were adamant no passports were happening until the party gate thing, then oh look, your lives restricted. 

Where vaccine passports therefore introduced for good reasons, or political ones? 

If they were political, that's the act of a police state. Surely you can see that? 

So where does it go? 

Oh sure you have to accept the NHS will track you and has access to your phone. Oh no, you can't opt out, because contact tracing. 

Oh look we must stop the spread, the app is now a legal requirement. 

Let's also add other vax statuses in there. Just for easy access obviously. Your entire health profile. 

Perhaps your mental health. Addictions. How much you drink. Just for your gp and you. 

Wouldn't it be good to put other things into the app. Things like tax and benefits. You know, just to keep it in one place. 

Perhaps add criminal records in there. 

We are introducing a national charity scheme. Do charity work and you get a tax credit. All in the app. Financial benefits for good citizens. 

Hey, you want to go on that adventure event? Well, we will need proof you haven't got epilepsy or anything. Don't worry it's all conveniently in the app. 

Due to a rising terror threat we are allowing emergency powers for police to see your app to check your identity. Yes it's like an id card check and yes we can track where you've been. But only with reasonable suspicion. When do these emergency laws expire? Oh some time in the future. 

Social credit. Tracking. Surveillance state. 

Drip drip drip. 

In Germany the catalyst for accepting things until it was too late was setting up fear of the Jews. 

People started to attack them. Hate them fear them. They were seen as dirty, outsiders, people to be loathed and feared. 

Look at you lot. 

Look at the attitudes towards people who chose not to put a vaccine into their body. 

You're already pulling on emotional Jack boots. Hatred. Loathing. 

You're already showing exactly how it all started and how easy it is to make idiots do anything. 

All for the greater good. 

And when they mandate vaccines? 

Oh they will tell you the bad citizens are those late for their six month booster. 

There will always be a group to direct your hate towards. 

What is past is prologue. 

Nobody is saying the govt want all that now. Or ever. 

But in ten years? What if a hard line govt get in? 

Look at Australia. Camps for unvaccinated. Physically forced vaccinations. 

You think it can't happen here? 

The best place to stop totalitarianism is at the start. 

If you can't see this could be the start, the creating of a gate that never opens again, then you're a fool. 

Now watch them scoff and laugh. 

You're just a conspiracy theorist. 

You mean like the ufo loons you were told to laugh at.. By the govt. 

Suddenly the us govt is acknowledging, investigating, arieal phenomena, and has publically stated they don't rule out extra terrestrial origin. 

Are you laughing at those people now? 

Wake up. 

Have your jabs. It's sensible. 

Reject vaccine passports and having to prove your health status to do things a free society should never stop you doing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fredherring said:

Wake up. 

I didn’t read much else of your (lengthy) post, anyone who tells people to “wake up” immediately puts themselves in the university of Facebook team, and therefore deserves to be either ignored or, if someone can be bothered, brought down by rational arguments and facts.

There are some basic principles which apply to the pandemic and anti-vax deniers as with any conspiracy theorists.

- Who is benefitting from this so-called conspiracy? 
- If it’s some global secret cabal (the Illuminati, Jews, alien lizards or whatever), how have they *completely* evaded detection so far, especially since this is on a global scale and involves commercial organisations AND government worldwide? 
- Whoever it is who’s organising this, how are they so good at it? While governments (ours in particular sadly) are displaying massive incompetency, they appear to be driving a plan flawlessly. Perhaps whoever it is actually ought to be in charge since they seem to be doing an excellent job of achieving their aims (whatever they are) than the people nominally leading us, despite billions and huge resources at their disposal.

- Where is the actual, physical evidence of conspiracy? Not cherry picked statistics, not nutters posting on YouTube but evidence that would get close to being credible if examined?

- Anyone with any credibility who puts a theory forward (like, you know, scientists) needs to be able to say how their theory could be disproved as well as proved. That’s the scientific (and logical) method. Tell us what you would need to see to change your mind. If you would never do so, it’s not a logical argument that is being proposed, it’s an article of faith, like the existence of God.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Bang on mate. Also double jabbed, it was the responsible thing to do and I have no regrets. However, I’m a not old guy with no conditions that could lead me to necessarily have an issue if I caught covid so I’m hesitant to have a third jab just for the hell of it.

Very sorry about your wife mate but what you did was definitely the correct course of action 👍