cambridgeshire canary

Ipswich fans are getting ANGRY

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

These were the scenes after they won at the Mighty Lincoln back in September 0-1.You know the same Lincoln that fell out of the EFL just a few years back. If Mark Ashton is not cringing at his antics i certainly am. 😂

in the space of a few months

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Like Cardiff, Boro, Hull, Blackburn, Swansea, Huddersfield, or further down Pompey, Sunderland, Sheff Wed, the binners, Bolton or Reading and Derby. No thanks

So we quote a list of clubs who, by comparison with NCFC, are currently failing as is the usual line and, as usual, miss the point that we, above most of those mentioned, have had opportunities of progression in recent seasons that are inevitably and will now ultimately be spurned, yet again.

Of course, the Brightons, the Watfords, the Burnleys and a few others can be suitably ignored because we must accept our lot fellow canaries because others are worse off, currently. As Little Old Norwich as that Main Stand of ours and with scant foresight as to what may evolve within the next ten years.  

That string on that yo-yo gets longer by the season.

Aim low, we know our place after all.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

So we quote a list of clubs who, by comparison with NCFC, are currently failing as is the usual line and, as usual, miss the point that we, above most of those mentioned, have had opportunities of progression in recent seasons that are inevitably and will now ultimately be spurned, yet again.

Accept our lot fellow canaries because others are worse off, currently. As Little Old Norwich as that Main Stand of ours and with scant foresight as to what may evolve within the next ten years.  

That string on that yo-yo gets longer by the season.

Aim low, we know our place after all.

You don't really like our club, do you?

1 minute ago, RobJames said:

Strange line of attack. Is that all you have?

Address the point, rather than the person.

17 minutes ago, RobJames said:

I may be wrong but something in the back of my mind tells me that he criticised City fans for being obsessed with the Scum and posting about them.

As i said i could be wrong and if so apologies.

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I may be wrong but something in the back of my mind tells me that he criticised City fans for being obsessed with the Scum and posting about them.

As i said i could be wrong and if so apologies.

Very wrong.

The other  way around if anything, although I wouldn't presume to indulge the back of your mind at the best of times.

Apologies accepted.

Edited by BroadstairsR

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Very wrong.

The other  way around if anything, although I wouldn't presume to indulge the back of your mind at the best of times.

Apologies accepted.

Can you recall who it was by any chance because i certainly read it somewhere on here ?

31 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Strange line of attack. Is that all you have?

Address the point, rather than the person.

Bit rich!

Edited by Greavsy

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Bit rich!

I'll always make an exception of you, with perhaps a bit of cut and paste to explain why.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Can you recall who it was by any chance because i certainly read it somewhere on here ?

Some chap recently appeared on this here, with the usual line that he had been a reader for years without posting, saying, words to the effect, that he was 'distraught at the level of abuse given to the binners on this forum.'

Needless to say, he got short shrift and hasn't appeared sine. I can't recall his u/n.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The little old Norwich view is held by others who see us as a pleasant provincial day out. Norwich fans in my experience want the best and success, but we are not totally daft, we know we’re not going to challenge the big conurbations. Sure, we are successful at finishing  above bigger places than ourselves, e.g Stockport etc, and clearly we have had real success for a club of our size and city located where we are. The brutal truth about Gippeswyk is they did take it to another level, F.A and UEFA, and sadly we never quite got there, 3rd in 93 should of been First- but that will never happen again. Cook was sacked much to early. 

Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread

Lampard 3/1 19:28 - Dec 8 with 1311 views kizaitfc

Considering it is something most have written off including myself there seems to be a chance of it happening.

Obviously tough to know with bookies odds as I suspect the market isn't particularly big so may be the case a £20 shifts the price significantly.

Personally I'd be happy with Warnock, Manning or Lampard
0.gif

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)
replytop.png
rate-up.gif0rate-down.gif

ignore-user.png

The Ipswich fan outside the ground after the game at 3mins 10s in this video gets a sudden sugar rush

• Haha 1

Very interesting read but I really don't care about Ipswich Town. More interested in my home county club and so pleased we have a business model which defies the accepted norms that you must have some rich foreign investor to achieve what exactly? 

Norwich are in the premier league this year we might be in the Premier league next year and if we are more resources and more money to secure a greater chance of being in the Premier league in 2 years time. If not the chances of norwich getting relegated from the championship with the players currently on the bench or on loan is nil.  Don't ever think norwich can become a Manchester United. But be pleased in that in this time we have a board that does the right thing by the people of this great County of ours. 

Oh and on Saturday one of the best players the world has ever seen will be at Carrow Road what is not to like ?

That was a bit emotional for me. Pukki no party.

2 hours ago, Mullet said:

The Ipswich fan outside the ground after the game at 3mins 10s in this video gets a sudden sugar rush

Lovely stuff. 2 points a game from here gets them to 77. And they’re ****. Who could they appoint to get that done?

Level on points with Cheltenham(who have a game in hand) and 14 points off the top 3 (2 of which have games in hand).

9 off the play offs, 9 off the drop zone. Mid table obscurity personified. Good. **** ‘em. 

They must be worried, Paul Cook had a plan, ripped open the club, and now he has gone.  The current players are almost certainly not going to be the ones a new manager wants.  A mess 

Edited by Newtopia

16 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

A poster from Hertfordshire, possibly Hitchin Canary, apologies if I’ve got the wrong username!

I think they have had it as a club now and there is no way back without a Billionaire looking to launder some ill gotten gains.

Sad in a way but hilarious in so many others.

12 hours ago, Besthorpe-48 said:

Oh and on Saturday one of the best players the world has ever seen will be at Carrow Road what is not to like ?

Wow! Is Robbie Savage coming? 😂😂

On 08/12/2021 at 15:00, BroadstairsR said:

Some chap recently appeared on this here, with the usual line that he had been a reader for years without posting, saying, words to the effect, that he was 'distraught at the level of abuse given to the binners on this forum.'

Needless to say, he got short shrift and hasn't appeared sine. I can't recall his u/n.

'For the Future' ...................possibly

18 hours ago, Mullet said:

Shouldn’t laugh, but I did. Quite a lot. It’s a disgrace apparently? 🤣🤣🤣

Remember how bad/angry we felt when Norwich lost 7-1 to Colchester.
Apply that sentiment over 3 seasons, give or take, and there you have Ipswich's sentiments.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, corbs said:

The little old Norwich view is held by others who see us as a pleasant provincial day out. Norwich fans in my experience want the best and success, but we are not totally daft, we know we’re not going to challenge the big conurbations. Sure, we are successful at finishing  above bigger places than ourselves, e.g Stockport etc, and clearly we have had real success for a club of our size and city located where we are. The brutal truth about Gippeswyk is they did take it to another level, F.A and UEFA, and sadly we never quite got there, 3rd in 93 should of been First- but that will never happen again. Cook was sacked much to early. 

The urban population of Norwich is approaching double that of Stockport, given that the "official" population of Norwich does not include most of the suburbs- Costessey, Hellesdon, Thorpe St Andrew, Drayton etc.  Also, Norfolk's population is approaching 1 million with little competition from easily accessible footy clubs of a similar standing whilst the likes of Stockport are hemmed in by more glamorous clubs.  Webber has made a similar point when comparing Norwich with Huddersfield. 

On 08/12/2021 at 06:42, BroadstairsR said:

I can actually see the Americans (Gamechanger) going for a 'celebrity 'appointment such as Lampard, it's what they do.

They will want to throw whatever millions they feel that they can borrow from the gullible Pension Fund with fanciful talks of a Premier League oasis in deepest, darkest Suffolk.

My own main interest is in the financial side of this whole sad saga, it pings my in folder. I will never be able to understand the lack of  financial acumen involved in throwing £40m(and rising) at any failing English football club, let alone one which has achieved little in forty odd years and has a moderate ceiling of support in a fairly unfancied area.  

They still talk Super Bowl and because of this it will take time for the penny to drop, and that in reality they bought nothing more than a collection of ill-maintained sheds and too many plastic seats.

Such an appointment will be 'hit or bust' basis and will probably be a last throw of the dice. It will amount to throwing good money after bad on the well-worn track of the Premier League dream.

At the very least they will need a perseverance, a stickability and a nerve spanning a decade or more, but more likely they will eventually see sense, jump ship and, like Evans before them, eventually need to cut their losses. In all probability inevitable personnel changes at the top will likely realise the folly of it all and have need to wash their (blameless) hands of the whole enterprise.

In the longest of shots, they could conceivably have something to sell, but at what a cost?

P.S. I note the 'binners' are now convinced that Lampard 'turned down Norwich.' Should the appointment come about they will relish that thought, it's what they do. In reality nobody knows the truth of all that except that it took no time at all for Dean Smith to become available for Webber to pounce.

The sad thing is, I have a family member whose pension is directly associated with this deal. I tried to tell him at the beginning that he should be saying something to the other members (He's a well respected fire captain) as to how bad this decision was and create some push back. Unfortunately, like many Americans who don't follow a global sport, he wasn't able to comprehend the magnitude of what I was telling him in terms of the real danger involved with this investment.

55 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

The sad thing is, I have a family member whose pension is directly associated with this deal. I tried to tell him at the beginning that he should be saying something to the other members (He's a well respected fire captain) as to how bad this decision was and create some push back. Unfortunately, like many Americans who don't follow a global sport, he wasn't able to comprehend the magnitude of what I was telling him in terms of the real danger involved with this investment.

I can’t remember the figures and can’t be bothered to look but someone did when the takeover was in progress and posted it on here. The fund in total has billions invested. What they’ve squandered on the binners is a fraction of 1% of that value. So if they wrote it all off tomorrow the effects would be marginal.

• Thanks 1