cambridgeshire canary

Ipswich fans are getting ANGRY

After 20 years of rinse and repeat, who can blame them.

Still, TWTD has provided me with hours of endless fun so there's two sides to every coin.😂

• Haha 1

The funniest thing is they are chanting that the players "aren't fit to wear the shirt". 

After however many seasons of this, you would think that they would realise that the shirt is pretty much a symbol of league one mediocrity now.

Edited by 1902
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Satriales said:

There is a lot of anger there! Suprised they are taking it out on the players and not the owners/board.

Yes. It's quite ironic, that a small handful of halfwits decide to abuse one of their players after another abject performance, yet their entire support allows 2 decades plus of absolute decline and rot and subsequently fail to do anything meaningful about it.

Other than a smoke flare at the training ground and a poster here or there, there have been an almost zombie like acceptance of utter tripe served up down there without any resistance. Just for that complete lack of organised pressure on the board and united expression of disaffection alone over many years they deserve to rot.

Christ, even Mick McCarthy told them all to Fu(k 0ff on TV (embarrassingly for them at Carrow Road).

Apathetic as usual and yet wholly predictable that a few will get drunk and embarrass themselves. 

There was an exicted wave of belief in the fanbase after the money arrived and told them how nice the writing on the stand was. What we're seeing now is the chimp brain realising that banana no come so easy & starting to throw ****.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Delusions. Utter delusions. Then again this is Ipswich a club that still think its the 70's and they are a 'big club' and a 'household name' and that they totally aren't just a boring, nothing midtable league one club nobody cares about

On this TWTD  - what a quote - Lampard  " Would be good for his CV, Get us promoted to the Championship and then move onto a bigger Club "

Isn't that putting themselves down ? ?

Lampard came out the other day saying that he'd had offers but none of them were right for him and that he's not desperate to get back into work.

So only those utter morons across the border still living in the 70s would be deluded enough to think that FL would even consider them, let alone go there 😂 christ, some outsiders were saying it'd be career suicide for Lampard to come here, I'm pretty sure he's in no hurry to head to the third division.

Especially to that sh!thole.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Can't say I blame them tbh. 

Not going to gloat too much until our own season pans out.

It's going to be fun when the packout PR matches come along. Looks like theyve actually done a decent job of getting tickets sold for them, when Sunderland thrash them that place is going to be toxic!

17 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

It's going to be fun when the packout PR matches come along. Looks like theyve actually done a decent job of getting tickets sold for them, when Sunderland thrash them that place is going to be toxic!

When you say “sold” you mean “given away?” 

I can actually see the Americans (Gamechanger) going for a 'celebrity 'appointment such as Lampard, it's what they do.

They will want to throw whatever millions they feel that they can borrow from the gullible Pension Fund with fanciful talks of a Premier League oasis in deepest, darkest Suffolk.

My own main interest is in the financial side of this whole sad saga, it pings my in folder. I will never be able to understand the lack of  financial acumen involved in throwing £40m(and rising) at any failing English football club, let alone one which has achieved little in forty odd years and has a moderate ceiling of support in a fairly unfancied area.  

They still talk Super Bowl and because of this it will take time for the penny to drop, and that in reality they bought nothing more than a collection of ill-maintained sheds and too many plastic seats.

Such an appointment will be 'hit or bust' basis and will probably be a last throw of the dice. It will amount to throwing good money after bad on the well-worn track of the Premier League dream.

At the very least they will need a perseverance, a stickability and a nerve spanning a decade or more, but more likely they will eventually see sense, jump ship and, like Evans before them, eventually need to cut their losses. In all probability inevitable personnel changes at the top will likely realise the folly of it all and have need to wash their (blameless) hands of the whole enterprise.

In the longest of shots, they could conceivably have something to sell, but at what a cost?

P.S. I note the 'binners' are now convinced that Lampard 'turned down Norwich.' Should the appointment come about they will relish that thought, it's what they do. In reality nobody knows the truth of all that except that it took no time at all for Dean Smith to become available for Webber to pounce.

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Delusions. Utter delusions. Then again this is Ipswich a club that still think its the 70's and they are a 'big club' and a 'household name' and that they totally aren't just a boring, nothing midtable league one club nobody cares about

To be fair, their period of being decent did creep just inside the 1980's (1981 to be precise).

It is the 40th anniversary this year of the last time they had a good manager. 

17 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Doubt it with Lampard, unless the owners are going to offer him a huge budget, and even then.

He got offered the job by Ipswich before he went to Derby, and turned it down because they hadn't got any money, and that was when they were in the Championship.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11648687/frank-lampard-ipswich-chelsea-harry-redknapp

I do too, but who can ever attempt to fathom the mind-set of individuals prepared to pump £40-50m into a football club such as ITFC in the first place?

The pension fund manager (Schwatz??) has boasted of billions at his disposal and has also said that witnessing a dismal 0-0 draw at Portman Road was one of the 'best experiences of his life.'

He's getting on. No doubt his successors will be more responsible and also have seen more of life.

Edited by BroadstairsR

All the more praise from what our club has achieved in recent years. Walked L1 by 20 points. Winning titles. Keeping the club stable, and financially secure. they have had Evans money, and now the money from the US. To be in the bottom half of L1. No players of note to sell. The inly good youngster was taken by us. Yep, it is not perfect. But we are punching well above our weight. They are still on the canvas. Flat out.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RobJames said:

All the more praise from what our club has achieved in recent years. Walked L1 by 20 points. Winning titles. Keeping the club stable, and financially secure. they have had Evans money, and now the money from the US. To be in the bottom half of L1. No players of note to sell. The inly good youngster was taken by us. Yep, it is not perfect. But we are punching well above our weight. They are still on the canvas. Flat out.

I do not think that anybody would wish for NCFC to be underwritten by an unpredictable  American Pension Fund or owned by chancers such as Gamechanger as is the case with ITFC.

Neither do many of us wish for that spurious "Super rich Chinese billionaire" to buy our club as that could be far worse. 

Yes. We have done well, but the fact that we now approach yet another vital window  without apparently a larger enough pot to pi-ss in perhaps, and perversely, illustrates the limitations of the route we are on. Despite all our various successes, we still seem to be forever on the cusp of impoverishment.  

We need a balance. Smithy needs to stop using our club as an heirloom and instead seek some wealth capable of buying a proportion of her/their shares and consequently and hopefully providing the club with alternative funding capable of surviving in the Premier League without constant humiliation. May be this will involve a takeover of sorts, but at leats the new owner will probably be able to keep awake during matches.

Man cannot live on bread alone.

I am not sure that I am into this "punching above our weight," mantra either, especially when you add up the number of seasons this club has spent in the top league since Ron Saunders first took it there.

Edited by BroadstairsR

These were the scenes after they won at the Mighty Lincoln back in September 0-1.You know the same Lincoln that fell out of the EFL just a few years back. If Mark Ashton is not cringing at his antics i certainly am. 😂

Edited by TIL 1010

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

I do not think that anybody would wish for NCFC to be underwritten by an unpredictable  American Pension Fund or owned by chancers such as Gamechanger as is the case with ITFC.

Neither do many of us wish for that spurious "Super rich Chinese billionaire" to buy our club as that could be far worse. 

Yes. We have done well, but the fact that we now approach yet another vital window  without apparently a larger enough pot to pi-ss in perhaps, and perversely, illustrates the limitations of the route we are on.

We need a balance. Smithy needs to stop using our club as an heirloom and instead seek some wealth capable of buying a proportion of her/their shares and consequently and hopefully providing the club with alternative funding capable of surviving in the Premier League without constant humiliation.

I am not sure that I am into this "punching above our weight," mantra either, especially when you add up the number of seasons this club has spent in the top league since Ron Saunders first took it there.

I think the relationship with a pension fund is more tenuous than a stinking rich Chinese owner just using it as a play thing tbh. I didn't think Cook would last long but they will struggle to attract a high profile manager unless they offer a ridiculously lucrative contract.

As I wrote before, this is last chance saloon.

4 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Yes. We have done well, but the fact that we now approach yet another vital window  without apparently a larger enough pot to pi-ss in perhaps, and perversely, illustrates the limitations of the route we are on.

We need a balance. Smithy needs to stop using our club as an heirloom and instead seek some wealth capable of buying a proportion of her/their shares and consequently and hopefully providing the club with alternative funding capable of surviving in the Premier League without constant humiliation. May be this will involve a takeover of sorts, but at leats the new owner will probably be able to keep awake during matches.

Like Cardiff, Boro, Hull, Blackburn, Swansea, Huddersfield, or further down Pompey, Sunderland, Sheff Wed, the binners, Bolton or Reading and Derby. No thanks