Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

The PinkUn + app - Your questions answered

Will this represent an amnesty for banned posters? If they subscribe will they be able to post, or will they be paying equally as others but for fewer features? 

City1st will no doubt get it for free as he never paid for access to anything if i recall correctly ? 😂

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Will this represent an amnesty for banned posters? If they subscribe will they be able to post, or will they be paying equally as others but for fewer features? 

Looks like it will change nothing on that front, because the app & forum logins don’t appear to be unified. The link in the app takes you (the paid app user) to the web page, where you have to sign in again 🙂

@TIL 1010as ex police may I ask you, if I get a ban for speeding but then change my vehicle is the ban still valid / enforceable? 

Asking for a "friend"! Who may also have his own transportation company......

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, InterNorwich said:

I paid for the 12months via apple but when going to the new login in on the app it says I’m not subscribed 😕

Any ideas @Pete Raven

Sorry to hear you have experienced this issue with your subscription. If you have taken out your subscription within the app, you should not need to login to access content as the app will automatically recognise your subscription linked to your Apple/Google Play account.

If you are being directed to the login screen when trying access content, please tap the 'My Account' button in the app and then tap the 'Restore' button. This should relink your subscription to the app and grant you access.

If this doesn't work let me know.

17 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

How minimal is the minimal advertising? Not happy paying for content and still having to look at ads.

I've not seen any yet. You've got two months free to decide.

• Thanks 1

Presumably the best way for posters to find out what will be behind the paywall and whether there will still be adverts etc is to sign on for the monthly deal of £1.99 and see what the first - free - two months are like.

• Like 1

Signed up on Google play. Looks ok. Can't link to my Bristol Nest account yet as GP on a different e mail address. Worth a go though.

I think that I may have sorted it...

Edited by The Bristol Nest

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Here’s a question Pete, who was the 4th signature on Charles 1 death warrant? 

Charles 2.

On 07/12/2021 at 13:07, Pete Raven said:

Yep, there's a link to it within the app.

What protections and policies have you got in regards to online bullying and harassment. I work with youngsters and if you are introducing an app with a forum feature... there may have to be some changes to this one or a disclaimer that this is an adult space with few things in place in terms of protection and consequences etc.

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

What protections and policies have you got in regards to online bullying and harassment. I work with youngsters and if you are introducing an app with a forum feature... there may have to be some changes to this one or a disclaimer that this is an adult space with few things in place in terms of protection and consequences etc.

Your fears may be allayed…  to repeat, there’s no forum app … the link takes you to the forum page in your favourite web browser 

1 minute ago, GenerationA47 said:

Your fears may be allayed…  to repeat, there’s no forum app … the link takes you to the forum page in your favourite web browser 

Same relevance. If you are making a forum more publicised even via an app, there will be a need for more scrutiny and a disclaimer that it is an adult environment.

I dare say, some rules will need toughening up no matter what. 

1 hour ago, city4eva said:

Is this forum staying the same ie free and with the same content, I have no desire for another app

It is.

On 07/12/2021 at 15:38, canarydan23 said:

How minimal is the minimal advertising? Not happy paying for content and still having to look at ads.

As with any organisation in "rip off Britain" it will be minimal for a short time but once an acceptable number have signed up the advertising will be far too intrusive. Just look at Sky. They have now reached the stage that most of the halftime break is taken up by adverts.

• Like 1

Why do I need an app. I only use the forum from my laptop and can access the website on my mobiles browser and it works very well there.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, vos said:

As with any organisation in "rip off Britain" it will be minimal for a short time but once an acceptable number have signed up the advertising will be far too intrusive. Just look at Sky. They have now reached the stage that most of the halftime break is taken up by adverts.

I don't believe this to be true for Archant, from what I understand the aim is to genuinely make the content better, that's why they want to remove intrusive ads for paid subscribers 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

Why do I need an app. I only use the forum from my laptop and can access the website on my mobiles browser and it works very well there.

Because I assume once the 3rd month kicks in and we re paying for the App there will be a lot less content on the website.

21 minutes ago, Diane said:

Because I assume once the 3rd month kicks in and we re paying for the App there will be a lot less content on the website.

But SDP said the content on this site won't change.... 

19 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

But SDP said the content on this site won't change.... 

No, I said the forum and the content within it is staying the same.

• Thanks 1

God did I just lead to a solid point. All I'll say this is the internet. We feed on the 2nd hand data. If people pay for exclusivity the poor will reap the benifit from robin cambridgeshire.