Sign in to follow this  
East Rider

Fake crowd noise at Spurs

During the game yesterday, I was perplexed that the chanting on a number of occasions from the spurs support was very loud near us yet hardly any appeared to be taking part. That and when they did chant it seemed to always get to the same level of noise for the same length of time, before finishing at the same time. The noise was as if the whole ground was taking part when in reality that would not be the case. Between these 'enhanced' moments you could often hear a few spurs fans away to our left in the same area each time trying to start a chant, but it was much quieter 

By the end of the match I was absolutely convinced they were piping in fake noise. Looking on t'internet this evening I see a number of reports that they are probably doing this. Pretty diabolical if that is the case

Did anyone else have the same suspicions regarding this?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sideshow Tim said:

Perhaps we're missing a trick here? Especially during the duller moments of a game. 

What's good for the goose....... 

We'd better not try it. We do t want to wake the river end up!

• Haha 2

I've never heard of anythng so tin pot as a club having fake crowd noise. Doesn't surprise me, but as tin pot as it gets.

Just had a look on line and spurs have been doing this for quite a while, since well before the pandemic. Making a mockery of football and supporters.

Edited by lake district canary

The wireless mic they use at CR for the halftime interviews has been broken for about 2 years. Chances of upgrading the PA system is low to non-existent. 

Slight tangent - I realise we are back to the old playlist before games. Old playlist bounce, nothing to do with Dean.

14 minutes ago, Thumbbass said:

The wireless mic they use at CR for the halftime interviews has been broken for about 2 years. Chances of upgrading the PA system is low to non-existent. 

Slight tangent - I realise we are back to the old playlist before games. Old playlist bounce, nothing to do with Dean.

Whoever picks the pre game music needs shooting, absolutely terrible and so loud you can’t even talk to the chap next to you. I wouldn’t mind the loudness if it was half decent music,

I have a vague memory of this happening at Carra but it was short lived and many decades ago. Cringeworthy. It may even of been of the same era when the main stand used to riot by throwing on their cushions - we always loved this exhibition. 

11 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I've never heard of anythng so tin pot as a club having fake crowd noise. Doesn't surprise me, but as tin pot as it gets.

Just had a look on line and spurs have been doing this for quite a while, since well before the pandemic. Making a mockery of football and supporters.

We have goal music, just bring back the clappers with some fake crowd noise and they’d be no stopping us. 

11 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Whoever picks the pre game music needs shooting, absolutely terrible and so loud you can’t even talk to the chap next to you. I wouldn’t mind the loudness if it was half decent music,

I agree. Have written and complained more than once.  Music at Spurs was quite muted and much more bearable.

I think this is very specific in the case of Tottenham Hotspurs, because if they allowed their real fans to sing it would sound like a massive Chas n’ Dave concert!

Is that a Norwich fan at the start of this clip?

On 07/12/2021 at 08:24, not a clue said:

We’d need to upgrade our sound system first - gotta be one of the worst in the league

Abso bloody lutely.I have an ongoing dialogue with those at Carrow Road regarding this

Edited by Grumpy
  • Like 1