Sign in to follow this  
Grumpy

Pink Un App

6 hours ago, Diane said:

Plenty of people join in so guess they enjoy hearing Paddy, David & Connor's opinions even if you don't. No wonder ure called Grumpy!

The observation in my post was as much about those asking the questions as those answering them.

My grand kids couldn't pronounce Grandpa properly so it kind of stuck.

1 hour ago, Grumpy said:

My grand kids couldn't pronounce Grandpa properly so it kind of stuck.

Well that's what they've told you..... 

• Haha 1

On 06/12/2021 at 14:55, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Indeed. I'll just go down the pub instead and be obstreperous with complete strangers.

I’ll do same but only within my clique 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

Let’s face it, Bailey is a fantastic journo and presenter. And EDP were very lucky to have him. I don’t know much about The Athletic but isn’t it more bespoke an outlet than EDP? 

Problem with TNC is I can’t handle the presenters. I’m sure they do great charity work but they come across insincere and don’t appear very ‘Everyman’ to me. The beauty with Bailey is/was able to step back from it all whereas I feel TNC is very self fulfilling and hence why I never involve myself with their output. But fair enough if you or anyone else enjoys it. 

Alternatively, I do enjoy Along Come Norwich’s humorous match reviews and podcasts. 

Spot on

2 hours ago, Bovril said:

They're obviously forced to go down this route, so no blame attached, everyone has to make a living/company make a profit otherwise they go bust. With that said I won't be purchasing but wish them all the best as they are decent chaps. I won't be subscribing for the following reasons (most of what has been mentioned previously in this thread:

- There is no content Pink'Un produces currently (this may change in the future) that I would be willing to pay extra for. Paddy's Pointers, the Q&A, and Opinion articles are much of a muchness and basically all boil down to opinion pieces. There is no inside information in the Q&A's whatsoever. I get all that content for free down the pub. 

- The reporters need to form better relationships with the players/club to get the breaking news first. Any real breaking news, e.g. new transfer, new manager, etc. I've found out before it appearing on the Pink'Un.

- The press conference articles drives me nuts and the biggest bugbear of mine about the way it is reported. It's the most important article of the week and gives you genuine information as opposed to an opinion. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to read cohesively with twitter posts repeating previous answers and scroll boxes making it a complete mess. Ironically the official site does this really well with a very clear 'Question: XYZ... Dean Smith: XYZ' format which is so much better and an instant quick fix for the Pink'Un.

With the above said, I do genuinely hope it succeeds as it's very important to have local reporters but I fear finance will dictate business just like it does with smaller/larger companies in just about every other sector in business. 

I agree with much of that but I find the Q&As worth reading. Davitt, Freezer and Southwell tend to be a bit blunter and more outspoken there than in their considered opinion pieces, sometimes to the extent of in effect telling fans their questions are stupid.🤩

I also suspect how useful fans find the paywalled extra content depends on circumstances. Someone who is all over the social media and lives in Norfolk, among other fans, will probably find it less interesting than far-flung exiles and expats.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bovril said:

- There is no content Pink'Un produces currently (this may change in the future) that I would be willing to pay extra for. Paddy's Pointers, the Q&A, and Opinion articles are much of a muchness and basically all boil down to opinion pieces. There is no inside information in the Q&A's whatsoever. I get all that content for free down the pub. 

- The press conference articles drives me nuts and the biggest bugbear of mine about the way it is reported. It's the most important article of the week and gives you genuine information as opposed to an opinion. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to read cohesively with twitter posts repeating previous answers and scroll boxes making it a complete mess. Ironically the official site does this really well with a very clear 'Question: XYZ... Dean Smith: XYZ' format which is so much better and an instant quick fix for the Pink'Un.

I agree completely

5 hours ago, Newtopia said:

I registered and set up the payment but the app does not recognise my id.  

I have the same problem. Tried to reset my password and it says 

• User with given email is not found

3 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

It is strange, I went through signing up again and this time it told me I was already registered before before I submitted the payment details.  Good luck

7 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

If you have taken out your subscription within the app, you should not need to login to access content as the app will automatically recognise your subscription linked to your Apple/Google Play account.

If you are being directed to the login screen when trying access content, please tap the 'My Account' button in the app and then tap the 'Restore' button. This should relink your subscription to the app and grant you access.

If this doesn't work let me know.

17 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

I agree with much of that but I find the Q&As worth reading. Davitt, Freezer and Southwell tend to be a bit blunter and more outspoken there than in their considered opinion pieces, sometimes to the extent of in effect telling fans their questions are stupid.🤩

I also suspect how useful fans find the paywalled extra content depends on circumstances. Someone who is all over the social media and lives in Norfolk, among other fans, will probably find it less interesting than far-flung exiles and expats.

Yup Purple

That’s exactly my case. I live over in SE Asia and didn’t hesitate to purchase the app.TBH too it’s quite sentimental for me as I remember the paper version of this and  rushing out to grab a copy on a Sat evening to read up on the game. 

I really don’t want to loose The PinkUn and if this is a way to keep, what has been part of my life since childhood going for the next gen then I am more than happy to give them something back in return.

it’s funny you only realise something like this is so ‘precious’ as it been with me for so much of my life.

I hope the name and the embodiment of what the PinkUn is outlives me .💛💚

• Like 3

On 07/12/2021 at 16:21, Archant Sports team said:

'Sugar coated words' Ouch Grumpy. 😀 You don't sound like you can be convinced to try 2 months for free. But to answer your point about the messageboard, yes that will still be available here whether you sign up for the app or not. Any other questions Pete has created a pinned thread now on the forum. All the best.  

It couldn't be......

Could it?

🙃

10 hours ago, Pete Raven said:

If you have taken out your subscription within the app, you should not need to login to access content as the app will automatically recognise your subscription linked to your Apple/Google Play account.

If you are being directed to the login screen when trying access content, please tap the 'My Account' button in the app and then tap the 'Restore' button. This should relink your subscription to the app and grant you access.

If this doesn't work let me know.

Hi Pete, thanks. The app says I have an active subscription, However if I try to access the forum through the app I cannot sign in for the same reason above.

I’ve cancelled mine after a week. It contains most of what I don’t like about sports ed and not enough of what I want.  

In these times, I want digital media, commentary and podcasts.

The best things about the Pink Un imo is the message board, and Paddy & Connors podcasts / videos.  The new App is basically rebundling what the PinkIn already does.

13 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

I’ve cancelled mine after a week. It contains most of what I don’t like about sports ed and not enough of what I want.  

In these times, I want digital media, commentary and podcasts.

The best things about the Pink Un imo is the message board, and Paddy & Connors podcasts / videos.  The new App is basically rebundling what the PinkIn already does.

Extra app-only podcasts and video on their way. It’s free for two months. Why not decide after then? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Hi Pete, thanks. The app says I have an active subscription, However if I try to access the forum through the app I cannot sign in for the same reason above.

The forum is the same login and password it always has been. 

On 06/12/2021 at 14:55, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Indeed. I'll just go down the pub instead and be obstreperous with complete strangers.

Thinly veiled "I own a thesaurus" gloat

• Haha 1

Slightly surprised by the relentless negativity. If we want decent coverage of our football club, by local journalists with connections to the club, who care about keeping the fans as much in the loop as possible then, in this day and age, we’ve got to pay for it. The alternative is something like The Waveney Advertiser for sport, with a couple of paragraphs of content for every chunk of ads. Of course, people can make their own minds up, but I reckon Paddy, Dave and Connor do a decent job. Connor, in particular, is capable of first class stuff - his work on BK8 was excellent, and his piece on the Norwich model, the nature of football and investment was genuinely superb and picked up on by a lot of front rank journos, including Rory Smith and Max Rushden. I say be as grumpy as you like, but be careful what you wish for. Anyhoo, I’ve signed up and paid up. Happy with what I’ve seen so far and looking forward to more. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pete Raven said:

The forum is the same login and password it always has been. 

Thanks Pete, sorted now. By the way I miss you on the pinkun podcasts, I always enjoyed your fans perspective. The others are doing a great job but you should definitely make an appearance from time to time 😀 

12 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Thanks Pete, sorted now. By the way I miss you on the pinkun podcasts, I always enjoyed your fans perspective. The others are doing a great job but you should definitely make an appearance from time to time 😀 

Thanks CJ, the cheque's in the post. I'll put it to the boys but I think four voices would be too many for a podcast.

14 hours ago, Pete Raven said:

Thanks CJ, the cheque's in the post. I'll put it to the boys but I think four voices would be too many for a podcast.

And in these days of inclusion and diversity, 4 blokes is probably not a good balance also! 😀

On 07/12/2021 at 17:25, Bovril said:

Good to see that they have addressed this issue for this mornings press conference.Much better

• Like 1

On 07/12/2021 at 17:25, Bovril said:

I've fed this back to the sports boys and it should just be one of them on the live blog now, no scroll boxes either.

• Like 1

On 07/12/2021 at 08:48, PurpleCanary said:

Given the parlous state of newspapers finances, and particularly in the regions, the only surprise is that this hasn't happened before.

Spot on Purple.

And the disconnect between media content and revenue which has origins in the industry-wide cack-handed migration from print to digital output means we easily forget we once paid far more than £1.99 a month for far less. For me solid local reportage, however it is communicated, beats the frenzied look-at-me guff of many other outlets and sources hands down. Money well spent.