Sign in to follow this  
Grumpy

Pink Un App

Lots of sugar coated words but just another way of raising revenue.

I certainly  don't see the football content of the EDP or Pink Un improving or expanding.I am sure NCFC are very protective of what can or cannot be reported on.

Does it mean that without the app we won't be able to access this message board.

Yes. 

If not why would any one pay? 

It may be read only to "guests" but you'd certainly have to be a member to post. 

1 hour ago, Grumpy said:

Will the sports reports and articles still be available on the EDP24 website

I believe so, it'll just be the "additional" and more insightful content that will be exclusive to paying customers.

I think they need to build the forum into the app as well personally because that would be good, especially if you could comment in the same manner on articles etc. 

According to the promotional blurb I read the new paid-for site will have ' few adverts '  and the free site will sit alongside. What ' few adverts ' means is anybody's guess.

How I read it is that the free service will be bombarded by even more adverts until we all lose the will to live and migrate over to the paid version 🙂

14 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well I'm not paying and I can't imagine anyone would pay to use a forum.

Me neither.

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

According to the promotional blurb I read the new paid-for site will have ' few adverts '  and the free site will sit alongside. What ' few adverts ' means is anybody's guess.

How I read it is that the free service will be bombarded by even more adverts until we all lose the will to live and migrate over to the paid version 🙂

I think it means the adverts won't be intrusive/take over the screen like they do on the existing sites.

I wasn't suggesting the forums should be paid for, just that they should be integrated into the app as well

I really like the pinkun app, pretty sure that @Pete Raven will explain it in more detail at some stage but from what I understand it will have lots of content, interviews, opinions, match reports, newsletter & loads of ncfc stuff which wont be available on the website once the subscription kicks in plus the added bonus is there are no ads and its free for 2 months so you can have a good look round and see if you think its worth just £2pm. 

Download it and then make your mind up, its FREE for a while, no different to the Athletic or other papers that charge too

6 minutes ago, Diane said:

I really like the pinkun app, pretty sure that @Pete Raven will explain it in more detail at some stage but from what I understand it will have lots of content, interviews, opinions, match reports, newsletter & loads of ncfc stuff which wont be available on the website once the subscription kicks in plus the added bonus is there are no ads and its free for 2 months so you can have a good look round and see if you think its worth just £2pm. 

Download it and then make your mind up, its FREE for a while, no different to the Athletic or other papers that charge too

Are you saying that there will be additional stuff to that which is already available or are they telling us that it will cost us to read what has been available for years.

They are going to have to take something away from the free access site, there is already way too much fluff on there for them to be creating even more content that would be worth a read. 

• Like 1

I will miss the forum as that is more of a connection with other supporters and there will be items in the EDP that will be available but I am not too bothered about reading which new player a  reporter thinks we should buy or whether the pies were hot at Spurs,during an hour of question and answers on a Monday.

i've signed up for the trial and will likely pay the £1.99 a month as long as they remove any adds from the main page and app when it detects your subscription login. I've sent an email asking if this is going to happen otherwise they are pretty much 'double dipping'

13 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

I will miss the forum as that is more of a connection with other supporters and there will be items in the EDP that will be available but I am not too bothered about reading which new player a  reporter thinks we should buy or whether the pies were hot at Spurs,during an hour of question and answers on a Monday.

The forum won't be behind the paywall as far as I'm aware, that is for additional/in-depth content. You'll still get the forums and basic match reports for free. I don't think they are aiming to lose site users, they are trying to make the content better for those that are willing to pay for it

Well in that case i am confused as to what is available and what isn't 

I can't currently access the Q&A but that is no great loss.What else is there

Edited by Grumpy

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well I'm not paying and I can't imagine anyone would pay to use a forum.

Indeed. I'll just go down the pub instead and be obstreperous with complete strangers.

• Haha 1

People might call me tight here but there we go, I aint paying  for it. And if you can't post on here then so be it. 2 months free then 1.99 a month. That'll soon shoot up

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

@nutty nigel Will this impact on the PUPs thread ?

56 minutes ago, AJ said:

The forum won't be behind the paywall as far as I'm aware, that is for additional/in-depth content. You'll still get the forums and basic match reports for free. I don't think they are aiming to lose site users, they are trying to make the content better for those that are willing to pay for it

That's exactly as I understand it too 

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

@nutty nigel Will this impact on the PUPs thread ?

I don't know anything about it but I doubt they'd make this forum pay to use. If they do it would seriously affect the views for the advertising.

• Like 1

Only use the forum, it must be years since I read anything on the main site. 

Whilst I enjoy a good moan on here 😁, I'm not paying £2 for the privilege (principle rather than cost obviously). 

So I'll be bidding you all a fond farewell if this is the case. 

5 hours ago, WD40 said:

Oh well. Finally we can get a sizeable community over on Reddit!

Didn't even know we had a community on reddit. Only actually know of this site and WOTB, and as Wrath is such an horrendous site in terms of usability I've never used it. 

5 hours ago, AJ said:

don't think they are aiming to lose site users, they are trying to make the content better for those that are willing to pay for it

I genuinely don’t understand this. I appreciate they want to generate income but their content is average at best, they could, instead of hacking up one interview and spreading into 5 mini stories, just put out well researched, insightful stuff every few days. And even then I wouldn’t want to pay for it when it’s been free forever. 

Mind you, it’s Norwich isn’t it?! How cutting edge do we want/need the content to be?! 

Bailey was the best writer they had and they never replaced him. 

• Like 3

The issue I have with it is that they aren't really creating any new, innovative content.

They are just pay-walling existing content that was previously free.

I won't be subscribing.

• Like 1

Just now, CANARYKING said:

Usual Monday Q and A now not available 

Wonder if the in game stuff on Matchday Live will be next

It's all a little disappointing really. 

If you take The Athletic, they were genuinely doing something different. There is a depth of inside knowledge in some of Michael Bailey's articles that you simply don't get elsewhere. That makes it worth paying for.

With the greatest of respect, because genuinely I like all of the Pinkun boys, Paddy, Connor and Dave, paying to read Paddy's Pointers doesn't really float my boat.