Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

It's time to trust the process

The thing is though I think we did play pretty well. One side took their chances and the other didn’t we didn’t but in general I quite liked how we played yesterday. The first two Spurs goals just came out of nowhere during spells where I thought we were controlling the game. It was a strange score line that was flattering to Spurs. 

• Like 2

In the American system with drafts , salary caps , etc... this actually is a fact . A team can rebuild there, has a process of getting it all together in a few seasons time , but I don't think it works for football atm...no money , often means no hope of getting a process going that will succeed ( in our case "staying up in the PL for more than one season" would mean succeeding tbh). I hope we can succeed , but it will be a very, very tough ask

I feel you are right , this "'process" is often used when you just got stuffed by a much better side...

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

We played fine but can’t score for toffee. £30 million was spent on our front line and not a single goal from them….let that sink in. 

I get that but people are saying we played badly or didn’t create chances and that it patently not true. I don’t know what is going on with the strikers because despite people saying we need “quality” to be frank any professional player should be scoring those three chances yesterday, whether they are prem quality or some lower league journeyman. 

I don’t believe all three would be missed again if you replayed the game 20 times.

if one or all of those chances go in, at key moments when we were on top, then that gsme plays out very differently.

20 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

The thing is though I think we did play pretty well. One side took their chances and the other didn’t we didn’t but in general I quite liked how we played yesterday. The first two Spurs goals just came out of nowhere during spells where I thought we were controlling the game. It was a strange score line that was flattering to Spurs. 

That is how I saw it too. A bit of class from Moura and a poor set piece suddenly we're 2-0 down. Defensively I thought we looked pretty solid, Spurs weren't ripping us apart every time they came forward, they just took their chances. 

I thought Spurs were pretty poor and allowed us to have the ball.  The fact that we couldn't take advantage of that, as against the 10 men of Newcastle was a sign that we are both poor in front of goal and unable to make enough chances that our possession suggests we should. Pedestrian, I'd call it. Poor match. 

27 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I agree with this, if we had taken our chances we most likely would of come away with a draw or dare I say it a win. People can slate the defence but yesterday it was all about the terrible finishing up front hence the 4s and 5s given to the front line players, in addition as LDC has stated we lack the creative spark from midfield 

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I thought Spurs were pretty poor and allowed us to have the ball.  The fact that we couldn't take advantage of that, as against the 10 men of Newcastle was a sign that we are both poor in front of goal and unable to make enough chances that our possession suggests we should. Pedestrian, I'd call it. Poor match. 

But we did create chances, quite a few good chances……..