2 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

Get him back in jan , banging in the goals , I know it’s only Croatia but at least he’s finding the net 

This is the footballing equivalent of going back to the place where you think you keys are even though you didn't find them there on the last two occasions you went there. 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

It might be something Smith will consider, if we don't have much money to play with in January. We also don't have any loan spots available so I doubt we'll have too many options.

DS seems confident in his ability to bring the best out of players - and Drmic had a decent record in the Bundesliga before getting injured. 

We're most likely still paying a large chunk of his wages so they may consider him to be a serious option.

• Like 1

Just to add to that, Idah has bags of potential but has been crying out for a loan move for the past two seasons. Whilst Farke and Webber have been great with our academy lads, it is borderline criminal that he has been restricted to last minute cameo appearances during that time. 

I don't see him ousting Pukki this season, so it would make sense for him to go out on loan in January, have half a season playing week in, week out and come back ready to push for a starting place next season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

Just to add to that, Idah has bags of potential but has been crying out for a loan move for the past two seasons. Whilst Farke and Webber have been great with our academy lads, it is borderline criminal that he has been restricted to last minute cameo appearances during that time. 

I don't see him ousting Pukki this season, so it would make sense for him to go out on loan in January, have half a season playing week in, week out and come back ready to push for a starting place next season. 

Agree with this. Watching him drift offside again and again yesterday was very, very painful. He needs a season to develop that instinct.

He needs a loan desperately but has a lot of potential.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Agree with this. Watching him drift offside again and again yesterday was very, very painful. He needs a season to develop that instinct.

He needs a loan desperately but has a lot of potential.

Y’see people keep saying he has potential but though I appreciate he’s not had minutes surely he of all people would have forced for a move away to develop himself. Part of player potential is the smarts to realise your own career development path, like Todd did with Fortuna. 

He just needs away anywhere at this point just to play. But generally I don’t think we’re going to ever see the player we all hoped we would. 

Season long loan and then his contract is up. Pretty sure he hates us too so Im not sure you've got much of a plan there.

I mean much as I do think he could not do any worse than Josh up top..

Thinnking he can score in the Prem as he can score in the Croatian divison is like thinking someone can win a race against Forumula one cars in their Renault Clio beacause they are good at driving it fast

1 minute ago, Danke bitte said:

Y’see people keep saying he has potential but though I appreciate he’s not had minutes surely he of all people would have forced for a move away to develop himself. Part of player potential is the smarts to realise your own career development path, like Todd did with Fortuna. 

He just needs away anywhere at this point just to play. But generally I don’t think we’re going to ever see the player we all hoped we would. 

By the sounds of it, Farke was a big believer that young players were better off learning from him in training, rather than playing a different style of football in a lower league. 

Idah would probably be up for gaining experience out on loan but, whilst he may be able to push for it (like Skipp did), the manager/sporting director will have the final say.

1 minute ago, Walcombe canary said:

If you put A Idah out on loan, J Hugill stays with WBA. Who out there could we sign ? is there a standout candidate ? At a reasonable price ?

Dare I say the return of Cody McDonald far far better than Idah or the American 

No way he wants to come back. Sure, we can force him but you’ve just cut your nose to spite your face as he won’t be the same player banging in the goals.

Move on. Need motivated and capable players.

16 minutes ago, Walcombe canary said:

If you put A Idah out on loan, J Hugill stays with WBA. Who out there could we sign ? is there a standout candidate ? At a reasonable price ?

How about Jordan Rhodes? 😃😆

I’d rather Drmic than Hugill…….if that’s our choices, but would he actually want to come back and depending on his loan if he could be recalled!

• Like 1

It's almost like we don't have enough forwards with questionable; decision making, first touch, movement, finishing. He's scoring goals in the equivalent of league 1/2 in world football. We've seen what he has to offer. 

Although he may have scored yesterday. Oh the paradox.

8 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Will you stop beating that drum? Vrancic isn’t the solution to our problems right now.

Scores goals and sets them up.  I'd prefer him to some of what we have atm.

If Vrancic and Drmic represent our best hope of getting out of this predicament then I have to tell you that we have no hope left at all.

I'm simply not seeing what people are seeing when they say Idah has bags of potential, he's not a young kid anymore at 20 I'd expect to be seeing something from him but nothing. No pace, no strength, can't score, can't pass 😕

He will not make it in the top 2 divisions, he just won't. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Can't see why Drmic shouldn't be given a clean slate if Cantwell and Gilmour were. 

It'd be interesting to know if he fell out only with Farke, or the club more widely. I have serious doubts about whether he would make any difference, but he is a resource we own and it does seem strange not to at least try. 

Not suggesting this is a go-er,

However, the only way to really judge him.is to see him play a series of games back to back 

Drmic cant be recalled, nor would he want to come. 

Though he cant be any worse than Sargent.

If both Josh and Adam need development then loan them out in Jan and if we cant buy or loan replacements recall Hugill, Hernandez and theoretically Drmic

Drmic in the post lockdown games was absolutely woeful, the worst performances I've seen wearing the shirt. not even half arsed.

On 06/12/2021 at 11:18, Walcombe canary said:

To get someone who genuinely could challenge Pukki for the top spot or at least have a good chance of actually bagging 5-10 goals. Think Adam Armstrong. It would cost around 15 million pounds. That is a lot of money, but worth it for the potential gain of staying up.

It would be someone new in the Drimic mould. The Callum Wilson style players of a couple guaranteed goals, Premier league proven and such are either out of our price range or already at better clubs. Really in retrospect a big shame we didnt go in harder for Josh King. 

What I mean is that it would be someone from the left field. An old fox from Germany, Spain, italy or France. Someone not many of us have heard from who is maybe warming the bench at Malaga, Freiburg or something.

I would like someone ideally who can be complimentary to Pukki. A goal scoring winger of the rashica/Tzolis mould, only someone who would work out a little better.

For me as a Finn, Joel Pohjanpalo comes to mind. Scored a Bundesliga hat trick for Union Berlin last season, 6 league goals in total on loan from Bayer Leverkusen. Currently for some weird reason on loan at Rizespor in Turkey were he seems to be having a bad time. For a million or so he could come to Norwich. He is a great header of the ball. A player with a lot of talent who has been really unfortunate with injuries, but who in his best moments can score against anyone. There are a bunch of those types of players out there. We need someone like that, maybe someone with a little more of a record. 

On 06/12/2021 at 10:49, Yellow and Green said:

While I get what you are saying about Idah I also understand why he has stayed. Pretty much since he scored that FA cup hat trick one has had the feeling that he is close to a breakthrough. It just hasnt come. Just a little one month injury to Pukki and he could be playing 90 minutes for 5 premier league games. He could score a few and maybe even start ahead of Pukki. he was unlucky to be injured at the same time as Pukki last season. So never really got a chance.

Much more than Sargent you feel that he has real talent. He can finish, he just doesnt have experience to be very good off the ball. If he gets minutes I think he can get goals for us. Im happy he is at the club for the time being as a back up plan. But looking at it long term it would be very good for the club to give him a solid loan spell in the championship. Pukki has a one year option on his contract after this season. Pukki will soon be 32. If we are in the championship next season and relying on a 32-33 year old Pukki to play 48 games it would be really important to have a back up who has actually had some solid championship experience. 

However I still feel certain that even if Teemu loses a step he will still bag 1520 goals in the champ next season. But without Buendia he probably wont come close to his exploits of 18/19.

So get Idah out on loan and bring in some wily old fox from the continent who is hungry for "one last mission".

On 06/12/2021 at 10:21, lake district canary said:

Scores goals and sets them up.  I'd prefer him to some of what we have atm.

Really. You haven’t mentioned it!!