Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Verstappen

Will either kill somebody or himself if he carries on driving like that.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Edited by ricardo

I’m keen on Lewis winning his 8th title, he’s a great driver, I’m no fan of verstappen or red bull. Hope young Russell will push them both, a real smooth driver, reminds me of Button.

Edited by Indy

19 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

He's gonna smash into the back of Lewis and take them both out next race to claim the championship ain't he?!

Worked for Schumacher didn't it?!

Edited by The Raptor

Verstappen hasn't got a sportsmanlike bone in his body, he is a petulant child under pressure from a rival whose skill and application is at a zenith.

To quote a post from another website:-  "Unless the FIA get control of Mad Max & Bonkers Spice someone is going to be killed."

Verstappen and Red Bull went down in my estimation at Monza, he clearly caused the crash his car could have seriously injured Hamilton and he just walked off without any concern for Hamilton.

I don't follow F1 enough to know all the rules 

If one driver deliberately takes out another to gain an obvious advantage, in this case win the championship, can that driver be docked championship points (and thus not become champion)?

I hope it's going to be a great race, but having seen the way this season has gone, it wouldn't be a surprise to see some dirty tricks 

I haven't followed F1 for decades. Is Verstappen really a lethal lunatic who makes Schumacher look like a sporting paragon, or is this flag-waving pro-Hamilton spin, or a bit of both?

First race I've watched in ages usual boring stuff with parts of excitement. Hamilton drove the best, but the Red Bull race strategy  plays the race well giving Verstappen the win. What was the deal with that first overtaking incident though. Verstappen overtakes sending Hamilton off the track who then cuts the corner to retake the lead, but somehow gives back the advantage even though he'd have been behind Verstappen with a different speed as a result.

Also strange ending from the race director wanting to race regardless of what seems to be inconsitent application of the rules.

Edited by KiwiScot

See what Brexit gets us? Year after year of British success and now we lost to a Dutchman. Thanks Boris. 

• Haha 1

An absolute travesty that brings nothing but shame on that “sport.” The man who won did not deserve to win the race or the championship  and was handed both on a plate by the race director. Pathetic. 

I'm very confused - am I correct in thinking that when the crash took place, there were five back markers between Lewis and Verstappen that Verstappen had not overtaken? If that was the case, why was he then just let past them? Surely he would have to get past them on the track like every one else does (and like Lewis did)?

OTBC

Lewis handled himself really well.  I suspect there will be a legal challenge as the result is shocking, and financially massive.  I can’t see any measure where Max should have won that race, even the decision not change tyres was the correct one if the officials applied the rules correctly.

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I'm very confused - am I correct in thinking that when the crash took place, there were five back markers between Lewis and Verstappen that Verstappen had not overtaken? If that was the case, why was he then just let past them? Surely he would have to get past them on the track like every one else does (and like Lewis did)?

OTBC

Shocking decision, and we moan about VAR

Interesting that the teams are able to hound and try to influence the race directors in the same way football players hound the ref.

I'm a total casual with F1 but that seems very very unfair.

Tbh though, I think the whole safety car thing is weird anyway. A crash a few laps from the end completely invalidates what's happened before, a big lead built up etc. 

Should be able to keep your time advantage when restarting. Or not allow pit stops/ tire changes during safety cars. 

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

The race official said he wanted the race to finish with the cars actually racing. So an opinion won the race.

And by not applying the rules it ensured one particular outcome.  In fact the entire previous 57 laps were pointless.

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

OTBC

I think it's got something to do with safety as back markers are given blue flags under race conditions to move out the way. With the cars all bunched up behind a safety car it's safer for the restart to have those back markers out the way otherwise you'd have drivers racing for position amongst the back markers

It all seem mighty fishy to me, if that safety car incident had occurred one lap earlier or later there would not have been a single lap race.

2 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

And by not applying the rules it ensured one particular outcome.  In fact the entire previous 57 laps were pointless.

And an 11 second lead.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

And an 11 second lead.

And 4 of the fastest 15 cars in the world to over take before being able to catch the leader..  Absolutely shocking

Cars required to maintain their distance when the safety car comes out seems the most logical rule change, but hey ho, what's not to like from a sporting scandal?

The rules havent been followed so i imagine this will get very messy. 

You either allow all the lapped cars to overtake or none of them not just a few. This is a manufactured result.

Edited by ricardo
  • Like 1

It's interesting that some will say this makes it more exciting. But from someone who doesn't watch every race but keeps an eye on things (similar to a lot of other sports as well), stuff like this makes me less likely to become invested in it and want to watch and follow more closely. Seems too manufactured.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Surfer said:

Cars required to maintain their distance when the safety car comes out seems the most logical rule change, but hey ho, what's not to like from a sporting scandal?

There must be a reason they don’t keep the gap, perhaps retrospectively adding the time would work, but that’s feels wrong.