Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

FA Cup 3 rd round draw

So far there's only two replays and usually there's two games shown so the Binners will be on the TV, good money for the team desperate for the cash & Barrow.

This really is the worst possible news for us. It seems that the FA have joined the Premier League in the footballing conspiracy war against us. We've never won the FA Cup when we've been ball no. 30 in the 3rd round draw.

I can't believe that Webber hasn't done anything about it.

We need to re-sign Ken Nethercott.

Norwich v Barrow in the draw I hope. Never seen them play before and it would mean that they will have dumped Ipswich out.

Worst case scenario if they don't... Ipswich at home.

Charlton away

Never mind. We can concentrate on the league 😂

Edited by Sooty57
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sooty57 said:

Charlton away

3 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Concentrate on the league then...

You've made me look slightly silly with your edit 😜

With Millwall drawing Palace and West Ham drawing Leeds I'm assuming some of these fixtures will be moved especially as Chelsea and QPR are also at home.

One of my favourite away grounds... 

Amazing view of London as you walk down into the Valley. 

For those that have not been, It will take you rightly back a few years.... 

Edited by Norfolk Dan
Typo

2 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

One of my favourite away grounds... 

Amazing view of London as you walk down into the Valley. 

For those that have not been, I will take you rightly back a few years.... 

Also the scene of the most disappointed I’ve ever been as a Norwich fan at the final game of that shambolic season!!

Edited by Commonsense
Spelling

My last trip to Charlton was when we confirmed promotion back to the Championship way back over a decade ago....Micky Nelson's winning header at the away end and a Charlton side that had a young Jonjo Shelvey in it.....What a day that was.....

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

My last trip to Charlton was when we confirmed promotion back to the Championship way back over a decade ago....Micky Nelson's winning header at the away end and a Charlton side that had a young Jonjo Shelvey in it.....What a day that was.....

Bit of a change in atmosphere from the final game the previous season when we sank into League One.

Nelson and some of the other players were on our train back into central London. Someone offered him a beer which he drank accompanied by much raucous singing of “ Michael Nelson’s on the p*ss, on the p*ss, on the p*ss “

Great day out

A chance for Gunn and a few others to make their last appearance of the season then.

The following weekend we have a vital home match against Everton so I suspect a very weakened team.

34 minutes ago, Canary73 said:

With Millwall drawing Palace and West Ham drawing Leeds I'm assuming some of these fixtures will be moved especially as Chelsea and QPR are also at home.

Not sure why.....none of the fans will be passing through the same stations, Millwall/Palarse (South London), Wet Spam/Leeds (East London), Chelski/QPR (West London)

38 minutes ago, Sooty57 said:

Charlton away

Bit ‘ meh ‘.

Been there a few times for the footie but the 80,000-odd ( so many forged tickets ) to see The Who on May Bank Holiday 1976 was pretty special. It was so loud it registered on the Richter Scale as a minor earthquake.

Doubt the earth will be moving this time though….

15 minutes ago, BigManInTheBarclay said:

Not sure why.....none of the fans will be passing through the same stations, Millwall/Palarse (South London), Wet Spam/Leeds (East London), Chelski/QPR (West London)

Not all fans are local so there are bound to be some flash points en route to the games. 

3 minutes ago, Canary73 said:

Not all fans are local so there are bound to be some flash points en route to the games. 

That'll happen at all games....I'm london-based and always see moronic Ipswich fans at Liverpool Street station. They'll only move dates if it's local like Arsenal/Spurs or Man U/Man City to avoid local police shortages

Edited by BigManInTheBarclay

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Also the scene of the most disappointed I’ve ever been as a Norwich fan at the final game of that shambolic season!!

Really? That honour must go to craven cottage... 

Surely a confidence boosting game with a canny manager saying a good performance for some will get a place in the Everton game. Sargent/Idah/Pukki get a goal or 2