Sign in to follow this  
Ward 3

Here we go again

After a defeat many of us expected hand on heart, we are all here whinging. This player was a waste of momey, this player is crap, did we need this and that. Jesus, we didn't get this during the last 4 games did we

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

After a defeat many of us expected hand on heart, we are all here whinging. This player was a waste of momey, this player is crap, did we need this and that. Jesus, we didn't get this during the last 4 games did we

It's not the defeat, it's the lack of effort from pretty much everyone on the pitch. Pukki ran his heart out as usual but he can't do that every game or he'll pick up an injury.....then we'll have nobody to rely on for goals.

Mate, it’s not the result. It really isn’t. It’s the attitude and ability of our players.

watching us play this way, not being able to perform simple football tasks, is PAAAAAAAAAAINFUL. 

I don’t know what it is, I can’t affect it, I’m not at Conley every day, but we cannot carry on playing like this. 

The poor touches, the crap shooting, giving the ball away again and again. I’m embarrassed for them, I don’t care what Gary Linekar thinks, I’m embarrassed for them. They are professional footballers, and it’s absolutely falling apart fundamental wise. They must know.

Yeah I get the fact it's the lack of effort, has that come from Farke losing the players or is it simply we are turd? I see posters saying what this player bring us what does he do, so they all lack effort and they are all apart from pukki

S

H

I

T

3 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Yeah I get the fact it's the lack of effort, has that come from Farke losing the players or is it simply we are turd? I see posters saying what this player bring us what does he do, so they all lack effort and they are all apart from pukki

S

H

I

T

Sergent

Hugill

Idah

Tzollis

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

42 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Come on man get a grip, people have not just miraculously started criticising the team because we got beat by Tottenham.  Plenty of people have been saying the same thing for while now. 

Edited by Alex

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

I'm wondering if we should be concerned that Villa have massively improved since Smith left..... 😙

Well... It isn't like Villa have a terrible squad. 

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Well... It isn't like Villa have a terrible squad. 

Makes it all the more concerning 😏

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Makes it all the more concerning 😏

My point exactly. I have never been convinced by Dean Smith if I am honest.  I think its important to consider that Villa spent the second most on transfers in the Premier League the year they come up with a massive £144.5m outlay and they had Jack Grealish. However, if it wasn't for goal line technology not working they would have been relegated.   Smith was sacked from Villa recently because they were crap under him.

Edited by Alex

20 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'm wondering if we should be concerned that Villa have massively improved since Smith left..... 😙

I honestly believe in DS. His post match is really honest and he appears to know the game and what we need to do, it's not his fault we don't have much quality in the side.

Gerrard is obviously a good manager as well and Villa are on the bounce. Gerrard may be a better fit for Villa but I don't think it takes anything away from DS. 

I don't think the result today is particularly surprising, or important for how our season ends up.

It's more the fact that we are just seeing before our eyes that most of the players we've signed simply aren't good enough.

It doesn't really matter who you make the manager if the players aren't up to it.

We've asked a bunch of 20 year olds from foreign leagues to come and do the job for us at the highest level, joining another bunch of 20 year old academy lads.

It's simply asking too much for lads like Sargent and Tzolis to come here and make the difference. They aren't ready for it at this stage of their careers.

6 minutes ago, Mullet said:

I honestly believe in DS. His post match is really honest and he appears to know the game and what we need to do, it's not his fault we don't have much quality in the side.

Gerrard is obviously a good manager as well and Villa are on the bounce. Gerrard may be a better fit for Villa but I don't think it takes anything away from DS. 

I was being deliberately facetious 

3 minutes ago, Beefy is a legend said:

I don't think the result today is particularly surprising, or important for how our season ends up.

It's more the fact that we are just seeing before our eyes that most of the players we've signed simply aren't good enough.

It doesn't really matter who you make the manager if the players aren't up to it.

We've asked a bunch of 20 year olds from foreign leagues to come and do the job for us at the highest level, joining another bunch of 20 year old academy lads.

It's simply asking too much for lads like Sargent and Tzolis to come here and make the difference. They aren't ready for it at this stage of their careers.

So why the hell did we sign them then! Surely the person who recommended them to Farke should have been dismissed as well?? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

So why the hell did we sign them then! Surely the person who recommended them to Farke should have been dismissed as well?? 

I’m of this mindset too. I’m starting to think they got the recruitment very badly wrong. 

They shouldn't have signed them. That's my point.

This position we are in is not a coaching staff issue. Put Farke, Deano, Pep or whoever you like in charge.

It's a recruitment issue which you can jointly attribute to limited finance, transfer strategy (going for very young players), and the risk of recruiting from abroad.

What we have is, for the most part, not good enough. 

There are 4 players in our squad that I can say with genuine confidence are PL quality. Krul, Aarons, Pukki and Normann. Three of those were already here before the summer. 

Edited by Beefy is a legend

Said it before and I'll say it again - Farke got sacked for Webber's failings.

Yes, he wasn't getting the best out of the squad, and sadly he had to go, but no one is keeping this squad in the Premier League. Not Guardiola, Ferguson, nor Klopp. And definitely not Dean Smith.

There was one good signing, in Normann, and that was made too late.

It's not even that we've merely bought sub-par players, we've bought players who don't even fit our system.

Webber is at fault here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ? said:

Said it before and I'll say it again - Farke got sacked for Webber's failings.

Yes, he wasn't getting the best out of the squad, and sadly he had to go, but no one is keeping this squad in the Premier League. Not Guardiola, Ferguson, nor Klopp. And definitely not Dean Smith.

There was one good signing, in Normann, and that was made too late.

It's not even that we've merely bought sub-par players, we've bought players who don't even fit our system.

Webber is at fault here.

Bigger question here is, who’s going to get us out of the Championship if we find ourselves back there? There’ll be a big turnover and Webber will be one of those I think. 

It’s not Webber, it’s not recruitment- it’s lack of funds and the model. Again. Webber can only spend what he is given- which is nothing much cos we are self funding. Some say he should have signed less but better quality - but that better quality would cost too much in wages - so it was a non starter. Furthermore- because we can’t afford not to sell the players on - we have to go for raw potential when we need experience. 

Ultimately  until we get new owners we can keep rearranging the deckchairs and discussing the merits of each particular one- but - barring miracles- the ship is going down. 

35 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Bigger question here is, who’s going to get us out of the Championship if we find ourselves back there? There’ll be a big turnover and Webber will be one of those I think. 

Personally I think Smith will be a good manager in the Championship. He's got a decent record. As you say, there's going to be a lot of turnover, and some of it will be necessary for him to build the squad that he wants. But I'm happy to have him in charge for another go at that league.

As for funding being the issue... Well yeah, to an extent, it's the reality of where we are as a club. But the money we spent in summer could have been put to better use, which would have given us a far better chance of staying up this year, whether it be under Farke or Smith.

Lack of funding doesn't excuse us wasting the money we did have. Admittedly it's a while ago, but we stayed up on a smaller budget under Lambert, after all.

4 minutes ago, ? said:

As for funding being the issue... Well yeah, to an extent, it's the reality of where we are as a club. But the money we spent in summer could have been put to better use, which would have given us a far better chance of staying up this year, whether it be under Farke or Smith.

Lack of funding doesn't excuse us wasting the money we did have. Admittedly it's a while ago, but we stayed up on a smaller budget under Lambert, after all.

A very good point. We have wasted money and though I’ve backed Webber to the hilt he can’t excuse himself this time if we drop out of the league. It’s why I think he’ll fall on his sword and leave - two failed attempts at Premier League recruitment. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

A very good point. We have wasted money and though I’ve backed Webber to the hilt he can’t excuse himself this time if we drop out of the league. It’s why I think he’ll fall on his sword and leave - two failed attempts at Premier League recruitment. 

I think you may well be right. I imagine we'll see a very different setup at the club next season. 

1 hour ago, Danke bitte said:

There’ll be a big turnover and Webber will be one of those I think. 

I just hope he's first out, and I genuinely hope we don't have any money to spend in January, the thought of Webber wasting another pound of our money makes me sick. 

6 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I just hope he's first out, and I genuinely hope we don't have any money to spend in January, the thought of Webber wasting another pound of our money makes me sick. 

I can understand this point of view but be careful what you wish for. Neil Adams will be appointed.

• Like 1