Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

PLM

What does he do, what does he bring to this side. What type of player even is he. Our midfield options are so woeful.

7 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

What does he do, what does he bring to this side. What type of player even is he. Our midfield options are so woeful.

As Hucks says “buy cheap, buy twice”

I’ve never known Paddy Davitt to single out a player for being shiite in his post match reviews, I think the fact he has this time says it all about the quality at play. He’s a duffer, alongside Sargent and I’m also wondering what Gilmour brings to the party too. I’m starting to think the recruitment over summer was a bit carp unfortunately. Oh well. December’s gona be a looooonnnng month. 😁

He hardly got any touches of the ball 2nd half and when your team mates don't want to pass to you it's a bit worrying. He doesn't go looking for the ball like Gilmour and to a lesser extent like McLean, so looks totally invisible. Not sure what we saw in him tbh.

Would like to see Sorensen given a go.

Webber has a hell of a lot to answer for with his recruitment but (as usual) he gets away with it scot free! Must be laughing all the way to his Bank account at the Owners geriatric stupidity!

Whilst PLM was poor today, the £8 (or 9) M pound 'striker' proceeded to hit a 'shot' against his standing leg! Seriously bad investment. Will Webber acknowledge the mistakes he has made? Will he hell.

I fear for us next weekend against the myriad of strikers United can parade.  

He looks slightly better on the ball than McLean or Rupp, but not particularly physical for a big guy. He looks like someone you might sign just because he 6'1'' but then it turns out he can't win a header.

Just feels like he's not particularly an upgrade on what we already had.

He found his level in the pre-season friendly against Gillingham, sadly.

I don't understand the criticism of PLM when we have plenty of other players you could pick out that are worse!

Let's have a reality check on PLM....

This season he has won more tackles than ANY other Norwich player (pity Paddy doesn't realise). And a third more than any other midfielder.

He's our 4th best player statistically for shots on target.

He is our joint top player in Assists.

Those are official premier league stats.  Doesn't sound too bad to me especially when you compare those tangible statistics to our other midfielders

PLM, like Rupp and McLean, is one of Cantona's 'water carriers'. Nothing wrong with that - teams at our level tend to have one midfielder who is creative and can do more than the average player, surrounded by two or three water carriers. Obviously, Buendia was our special player, (and to a lesser extent, Cantwell) but Emi was bound to leave eventually and we haven't yet found a replacement for him. I think we planned on a combination of Normann and Gilmour to do the trick, but the first is out injured and we just haven't managed to find a way to bring out the best in the second. Hopefully we can soon.

I think he's looked quite decent in a few games and is one of those players that when he settles to the pace of premier league and understands how physically demanding it is he may come good. I'd like to see him given a run in the team instead of McLean.

Also if things dont improve and we are relegated at least he should be here next year and I think he could look majestic in the Championship as he has a touch of class about him (a la Vrancic)

I like PLM, I think he was signed to replace Stiepermann for his height and physical presence in the middle, albeit he appears to be a bit more of a midfielder than a CAM. He's been good in patches, but like virtually all the squad has been largely disappointing this season. Look forward to seeing what DS can get out of him, as he certainly looked the part in pre-season with a few good goals and attacking intent