Hardhouse44

Gibson also a total waste of money.

6 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

The guy is not premier league quality. Really think he’s another waste of money!

Who is going to be your next manager now cook has gone 

11 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

You don't stay up with Gibson/Hanley.

You don’t go up with Paul Cook either

• Haha 1

Gibson was a good signing for the time, helped get us up and is good enough to be a backup CB at this level. Kabak was the mistake, we needed a clear upgrade and a different type of CB to what we already had, instead we signed a 6ft1, slow 21yo ball playing CB when we needed a more experienced tall CB with a big of pace, technical ability is a nice to have in that position and not a necessity.

I hate that we still keep trying to play out slowly from the back and keep aimlessly passing between our CB's. We should get the ball forward quickly and play our football in the opposition half, we are not good enough to build from the back and once again our strategy this summer was unbelievably naïve 

give over. He was arguably our best player last month and integral to promotion. We're hardly going to attract Reuben Dias and Virgil Van Dijk.

Today was all about our hopeless midfield and attack.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

You don’t stay up without playing a defensive midfielder either. 

We don't even have one. We didn't have one the last time we was in the prem, we signed one in the championship and realised how much we couldve done with him in the prem. Then we managed to go though the whole summer without signing one. Instead we signed 3 midfielders and none of them are DMs.

14 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

We don't even have one. We didn't have one the last time we was in the prem, we signed one in the championship and realised how much we couldve done with him in the prem. Then we managed to go though the whole summer without signing one. Instead we signed 3 midfielders and none of them are DMs.

Exactly mate. 

44 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Gibson was a good signing for the time, helped get us up and is good enough to be a backup CB at this level. Kabak was the mistake, we needed a clear upgrade and a different type of CB to what we already had, instead we signed a 6ft1, slow 21yo ball playing CB when we needed a more experienced tall CB with a big of pace, technical ability is a nice to have in that position and not a necessity.

I hate that we still keep trying to play out slowly from the back and keep aimlessly passing between our CB's. We should get the ball forward quickly and play our football in the opposition half, we are not good enough to build from the back and once again our strategy this summer was unbelievably naïve 

Can't agree,

He was a loan with an obligation to buy should we go up, an obligation for lot of money for us.

We can't pay that much money for a back up CB whilst were sat bottom of league.

That money is needed for the first 11.

29 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

He was arguably our best player last month and integral to promotion. We're hardly going to attract Reuben Dias and Virgil Van Dijk.

Was there, or was there not, a strong rumour, back in the day (2013 to 2015) and either before or while he was at Celtic, that we were going to sign Van Dijk

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dame to Blame said:

Who is going to be your next manager now cook has gone 

This becomes embarrassing after a while. This is a forum where you discuss things. People can have different/ their own opinions, yet anybody who doesn’t just sing from the rafters that everyone and everything connected to the club is wonderful is accused of not being a supporter and labelled a binner. Grow up for god sake.

My opinion is that Gibson isn’t good enough, why don’t you offer a counter argument rather than offering childish replies which are no more mature than saying your opponent smells!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

give over. He was arguably our best player last month and integral to promotion. We're hardly going to attract Reuben Dias and Virgil Van Dijk.

Today was all about our hopeless midfield and attack.

Absolutely 100% nailed on correct. 

Gibson was one of a few not playing well, but to sign post him is disingenuous at best. 

My impression at the match was that we looked 'intimidated'

7 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

And McLean still being a nailed on starter?

Beggars belief for me.

surely Normann comes in for him next game? Gilmour didn't do himself many favours today though.

Dare I say it, I'd go Rupp, Normann and PLM next time out.