Sign in to follow this  
Kingston Yellow

Head of Recruitment

1 minute ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Needs a hard look at them self.  Hugely overrated and ineffective at this level.

I live in hope that Smith holds the purse string in the next window. 

Agreed. For all of his talk he has failed again to give the coaching staff a decent chance. The lack of goals could easily been seen given their stats. Wasted £60m. 

1 minute ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Needs a hard look at them self.  Hugely overrated and ineffective at this level.

He won't.

But I would hope the BOD gives him at least a hard time having sacked Farke when it's coming glaringly obvious that the quality of players just isn't there.

And/or they haven't been developed as well as they should? For example Adam Idah has regressed horrendously, Sorensen not used etc.

In Webber's defence Rashica is getting better, Normann looks good as does Williams but the rest are pretty ordinary bordering on poor. 

• Like 2

Feels like he didn't have a clear strategy. Once again we've missed chance to sign in crucial positions. Sargent looks a huge waste of money we don't have to waste, PLM looks bang average. Gilmour a complete luxury we don't want. Tzlosis a hugely expensive one for somewhere in the future. Kabak unknown.

Exciting at the time, but showing these are becoming very poor signings that are hindering us, not improving us. Webber you did say you'd be judged. It might come early

• Like 1

I disagree. We could have the best head of recruitment on earth- but if the budget is championship standard and wages short then you will end up with players who are not good enough. In Sargent We see what 8m strikers get you- we also see why other teams around us spend 5 x that! 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I disagree. We could have the best head of recruitment on earth- but if the budget is championship standard and wages short then you will end up with players who are not good enough. In Sargent We see what 8m strikers get you- we also see why other teams around us spend 5 x that! 

Sorry but that’s not right imo. Sargent isn’t as good as Idah or Hugil and neither of them would cost a fraction f £8m. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Webber needs to go, I cant bare the thought of trusting that clown with another transfer window. 

24 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Webber needs to go, I cant bare the thought of trusting that clown with another transfer window. 

Bear

25 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Absolutely..........Cook out !!

Oops,sorry,wrong MB 😳

I would honestly rather have vrancic and hugill than plm and Sargent. 
The amount of money we paid for them is scandalous. 

3 minutes ago, Bournemouth Mafiosa said:

Bear

Sausage fingers 😉Not that I need advice from someone who can't use the quote function correctly 🤷‍♂️

22 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Perhaps don't **** £75 million on 11 players who don't improve your 11, but 5 that do? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Perhaps don't **** £75 million on 11 players who don't improve your 11, but 5 that do? 

Quality not quantity was needed. 

Totally agree on that point. It was obvious in summer we needed to keep Emi and replace Skipp. Instead we sold Emi, didn’t replace Skipp and went on a splurge on a large amount of championship standard players. Perhaps we are actually planning on that future 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Quality not quantity was needed. 

Agreed 👍

Edited by Ken Hairy

4 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Never mind the quality.....feel the width.....

All about the girth baby 😁

9 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Meanwhile the person with 33 goals & assists for us last year, scores for Villa.

No he hasn't 😉

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I've seen players on a Sunday League pitch with far better technique than Sargent. Placheta doesnt actually look like a football player either and we shouldnt be paying money for such a level of baseline ability.

Sargent now has a catalogue of 'finishes' any Sunday League player would be berated for by his team-mates

19 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Josh?.....£800.000 maybe......ish....

In all seriousness what could we sell him for if we wanted to. £1.5m + add ons maybe like Emi 

Tbh I'm a bit worried about the quality of some of those signings even in the Championship.

Sargent just doesn't look as though he can deal with the pace and physicality of the English game, PLM a string bean with no real pace and lightweight as well.

Tzolis needs a lot of work. Rashica looks decent but might be tempted away.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Tbh I'm a bit worried about the quality of some of those signings even in the Championship.

Sargent just doesn't look as though he can deal with the pace and physicality of the English game, PLM a string bean with no real pace and lightweight as well.

Tzolis needs a lot of work. Rashica looks decent but might be tempted away.

And Pukki will be 32 - and if I were him I’d be tempted to drop an intensity gear to preserve my international career

Edited by WD40

Last time I stared at a Norwich player and thought “why is he playing at this level?” - in the way I look at Sargent- his name was James Husband. He soon found his true level. Sargent needs a loan to L1 to find his shooting boots. Of it improves him- he might help next season. If not…sell him to Ipswich for a fiver. 

2 minutes ago, WD40 said:

In all seriousness what could we sell him for if we wanted to. £1.5m + add ons maybe like Emi 

Listen, we sacked Farke after we gave him a 4 year contract. There's a precedent there we should be seriously thinking about

53 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

I believe she does! 😉

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

Last time I stared at a Norwich player and thought “why is he playing at this level?” - in the way I look at Sargent- his name was James Husband. He soon found his true level. Sargent needs a loan to L1 to find his shooting boots. Of it improves him- he might help next season. If not…sell him to Ipswich for a fiver. 

Sargent doesnt have shooting boots, he has never been a goalscorer. Im not sure what he does actually

Webber won't be going and if we scrape survival with these signings then I doubt there will be too many complaints

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Webber won't be going and if we scrape survival with these signings then I doubt there will be too many complaints

Scrape survival... Not a hope! Webber unfortunately is not as good as he thinks he is