4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So, given his chance today. How do you think he did?

I don’t think Adam is going to to do very well in this thread. Watch him play and look at his stats, league 1 player at best in the Hugill mould. 

Not good enough. Also players strutting around chewing gum really gets on my nerves. You’re not in a nightclub. Have some professionalism. 

None of our strikers have covered themselves in glory today. Agree with Hank here, Idah looked the part in the first half and did quite well, but faded.

We desperately need a better alternative striker in Jan. None of Idah, Hugill, Sargent (or Tzolis or Rashica) look like they'll ever score at this level ever again

I think Pukki set the tone today with that attempt in the first few minutes - got to score that at this level. 

Yet to prove he is anywhere near Championship level. Shows no sign of making much progress.

Smith hopefully will be telling Webber what has been painfully obvious from kick off.. the forward options are not premier league class. Got to spend in January if we are to have any chance? Chances missed in every game is costing us.

Just now, Icecream Snow said:

I think people forget he's only 20.

He is not good enough and never will be. He is league 1 standard at best..

• Confused 1

He did ok in the first half. He is strong, but his touch needs to imorove. I can see him working together with Pukki in the future. 

4 minutes ago, Upo said:

He did ok in the first half. He is strong, but his touch needs to imorove. I can see him working together with Pukki in the future. 

He's not strong though, for a big lad he's weak as ****. 

Today was his second start in the PL. First was Man Utd (a) up front on his own.

Not going to argue for a moment that he was great today, but think he could do with a little more time before we write him off.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

He's not strong though, for a big lad he's weak as ****. 

Harsh. I saw him muscle Tottenham player off the ball.

He did no different to he has done the rest of the time I’ve seen him , although in fairness I’ve not seen today, just listened.

He will never be good enough for this league. Fact. 
it’s fine saying he has raw talent but I would like to see some of it every now and then. Which I haven’t yet.

But, you can almost see DS and Shakey in training saying Pukki needs help and looking at the team  for options.  
Im starting to think we need to look at the under 23’s and see who is the best of those because as long as I have a hole in my backside Adam and Sargent are not going to cut it.

Was decent in first half but nothing special. Slightly more ability on the ball than Sargent.

42 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

He is not good enough and never will be. He is league 1 standard at best..

Sadly I think this is 100% right.

he needs a loan at championship in January to at least get one last chance to prove he has something about him or I’d ship him out

Think someone dropped the ball big time by not giving him a couple of loan spells earlier on in his development, he seems to have stagnated. 

• Like 2

He wasn't great, but still a lot better than Sargent, who has started at least 10 of our league games this season. If either of them starts another game for us this season, I think it should be Idah.

• Like 1

Just back from the game. 

Invest in a decent striker/finisher from a league or two below and we could do well as there are chances being made. Carry on as we are and boy are we in for a very long journey. Other than Pukki (who missed a chance today) I'm not sure what we have 

Disappointing