chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Spurs (PL) *****

1 minute ago, Payno10 said:

Is the game on any tv channels, can’t seem to find it. 

Nope, one of those 'blocked in the UK' matches.

Unless you live in like Tasmania or North Korea it's probably on one of their channels it tends to be that way for some reason

Was expecting different lineup and us giving them some pressure higher up. First thought is that with that lineup we are trying to defend in deep and not counterpress. Lets see, will be interesting to see what the gameplan is

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Unless you live in like Tasmania or North Korea it's probably on one of their channels it tends to be that way for some reason

Yep we get every Prem game live in Australia and replays for $15 a month....top bargain!

Edited by gazinOZ

So it's back to the plan that got Farke sacked then. We've played really well under Smith by being more balanced. This is highly regressive and invites Spurs to attack us at will.

No attacking threat from our midfield whatsoever means we'll be hitting it long for Pukki to chase. I really thought we'd moved on from this.

• Like 1

I wonder if the graphic doesn’t show the reality / and that McLean and PLM will hang back allowing Gilmour forward into attacking mode…cos otherwise I am scratching my head. Gilmour is no CDM and Sorenson would have worked better…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I wonder if the graphic doesn’t show the reality / and that McLean and PLM will hang back allowing Gilmour forward into attacking mode…cos otherwise I am scratching my head. Gilmour is no CDM and Sorenson would have worked better…

Smith has got us deploying a press... could be a bit of both. 

7 minutes ago, Petriix said:

So it's back to the plan that got Farke sacked then. We've played really well under Smith by being more balanced. This is highly regressive and invites Spurs to attack us at will.

No attacking threat from our midfield whatsoever means we'll be hitting it long for Pukki to chase. I really thought we'd moved on from this.

Had similar thoughts immediately when noticed the lineup. Bit nervous feeling how that plays out and if Smith can build something different out of it. Sitting deep has not really worked for us...

Tottnham v Norwich full replay Sky Sports PL Sunday @ 23.45.

Hope worth watching a competitive match. 

Glad to see plm start , thats a player that will come good for us , cause we all love lees melou , I would have preferred dimi to start over Williams though.

• Like 1

Idah will have good memories of this fixture having made a big impact as sub in the cup game 2 years ago, superb penalty. It was also Drmic's best game. 

Come on you lobsters. 

16 minutes ago, gazinOZ said:

Yep we get every Prem game live in Australia and replays for $15 a month....top bargain!

Basturds! And higher wages / quality of life. At least we’ve arguably still got the better beer & in-person football which balances things a bit

16 minutes ago, Petriix said:

You get far too hung up on formations. You can play a back 3 without it inviting pressure if you push the fullbacks up the pitch. 

5 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Glad to see plm start , thats a player that will come good for us , cause we all love lees melou , I would have preferred dimi to start over Williams though.

backing  ol’ Premier League Melou to live up to the demanding name

Lees-Melou, Melou
He's French and he's six foot two
He's coming right after you
Lees-Melou, Melou....

(Sung to the tune of Que Sera Sera if not noticed already).

Edited by TheGunnShow

1 minute ago, king canary said:

You get far too hung up on formations. You can play a back 3 without it inviting pressure if you push the fullbacks up the pitch. 

Hold on, that's far too close an argument to a certain 'formations don't exist' we heard from a dear departed former forum member 😁

28 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It’s crazy that we can’t watch the ‘English* premiership’ in England* anywhere. 

*or British 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Hold on, that's far too close an argument to a certain 'formations don't exist' we heard from a dear departed former forum member 😁

Old PUPs never die…they merely open new accounts. Allegedly

Well I’ve yet to see anything from young Idah that says he is good enough.  I’m also normally proved wrong the minute I post on here soooooooo…….

Just now, Mr Tea said:

Well I’ve yet to see anything from young Idah that says he is good enough.  I’m also normally proved wrong the minute I post on here soooooooo…….

Is that the Along Come Norwich of poster comments? 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

True, I do get fixed on the team selection. I worry when we're playing no attacking midfielders. I worry about the space in behind our wingbacks without a second wide player to support them.

Just now, Payno10 said:

How? I’m jealous now. Enjoy! 

Haha thanks, I pay for Dazn and use a VPN I watch all the games on here, in UHD from my laptop