chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Spurs (PL) *****

1 minute ago, Yellow Wal said:

And guess what? Top of the BBC ratings so far is ................................ Gilmour.

How? He's been shocking 

• Like 1

Really don’t see what Gilmour brings to this team? Send him back in January and use that slot for either a big strapping midfielder who can to do a shift or a striker who can score. Without those we are sunk. 

Sargeant is L1 standard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Turns out it wasn’t Farke that was the failure at this level. It’s Webber who has pissed the money up the wall on crap that’s barely championship standard

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Virtual reality said:

Turns out it wasn’t Farke that was the failure at this level. It’s Webber who has pissed the money up the wall on crap that’s barely championship standard

Well, I think they both were

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

At least Brentford didn't win

I really don't think it matters what the others do anymore, Smith can't polish this turd. 

Just now, The Real Buh said:

THERE WILL NEVER EVER BE A PLAYER LIKE SARGENT EVER AGAIN!

Could be worse. When I played as a kid we had one guy in our team whose nickname was "The O.g. King"

Just now, Virtual reality said:

Deans has improved from where Farke got to with these players but the limitations in the squad are clear. Farke had to go but the ultimate outcome will be the same (relegation)

• Like 1

Right, back to work for me on this translation. Been good fun apart from the result, catch you later, gentlemen!

Edited by TheGunnShow

2 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Both should have gone. 

14 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Odd game, this. Credit Spurs with being clinical, but we could easily have got something out of it.

For sure .there have been plenty chances and we can't take them. 

5 minutes ago, Yellow Wal said:

And guess what? Top of the BBC ratings so far is ................................ Gilmour.

Haha , I've just looked again and Idah is second. You couldn't make it up,

Apart from the front line, seems Smith and Shakey know how to compete at this level, bodes well when they take us up next time but then we need to invest in strong physical CDMs a a couple of proven strikers. 

BBc ratings recently had Omabami as second best when he came on for final two mins

11 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Unfortunately Skipp demonstrated exactly what we're missing this season. 

Indeed but we didn't have the means to buy him.

Not clinical in front of goal. Thats obviously true this game but of many others. It will sink us this season if not sorted.

Idah and Sargent really have had too many opportities - neither at present PL quality.

Gilmour looks good going forward with time and space but not a CDM.

Williams did well but not enough from Max.

We could do worse than try Kabak as a CDM  

Big, strong and likes the ball at his feet. 

20 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Posts like this would be laughable if I didn’t have to read them. And that others actually hit the like button. 🤦‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Posts like this would be laughable if I didn’t have to read them. And that others actually hit the like button. 🤦‍♂️

Will Gilmour go on to become a better player than Vrancic? More than likely but right now Vrancic would offer us much more than Gilmour, not even a debate. 

6 minutes ago, duke63 said:

We could do worse than try Kabak as a CDM  

Big, strong and likes the ball at his feet. 

My dad agrees with you.

He also reckons Omobamidele could do a job there too.

6 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Not clinical in front of goal. Thats obviously true this game but of many others. It will sink us this season if not sorted.

Idah and Sargent really have had too many opportities - neither at present PL quality.

Gilmour looks good going forward with time and space but not a CDM.

Williams did well but not enough from Max.

The front line today had really good chances to score and failed. Its not the first game this has happened.  Grim viewing upfront end of.

It’s no wonder why the Covid thread on this board will not go away and do one, while on the message boards of most clubs, they are like at least on the second page of the non-football forum.

Its like a distraction towards our poor results and league position, so the thread stays on the top page. If we actually started winning and made a habit of it, most posters would keep away from it and actually talk about the club and not Covid. I personally see moaning about our season a distraction towards talking about Covid.

With all that said, we need some perspective here guys. Matches like today are not the ones we are expected to win in order to survive, they are nice to win, but are just bonuses if we do. It was never winnable from the start and the scoreline proved that.

Its all about beating those teams that we can beat and I for one believe that when those games come along, we have the team to win them. Of course, winning today would have taken off the pressure when those matches come along, but it was never going to be.