chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Spurs (PL) *****

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "LOTUS Joma Vitality AIA SPURS HOTSPUR TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR STADIUM SUNDAY DECEMBER KICK-OFF 2PM (UK)"
May be an image of outdoors and stadium
May be an image of map and text that says "GLOBAL KICK-OFF TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VNORWICHCITY Toronto 09:00 Helsinki 16:00 Norwich 14:00 Berlin 15:00 Tampa Bay 09:00 Los Angeles 06:00 Beijing 22:00 Pristina 15:00 Abu Dhabi 18:00 Athens 16:00 Rio De Janeiro 11:00 Seoul 23:00 Hong Kong 22:00 Bangkok 21:00 Nairobi 17:00 TAMPA BAY FLORIDA Buenos Aires 11:00 Sydney 01:00"
May be an image of 12 people and text that says "#TOTNOR STARTINGX PUKKI IDAH McLEAN LEES-MELOU GILMOUR WILLIAMS C AARONS LOTUS GIBSON HANLEY OMOBAMIDELE KRUL SUBS GUNN RUPP DOWELL CANTWELL KABAK TZOLIS SORENSEN SARGENT GIANNOULIS Premier League"
May be an image of text that says "MATCH FACT 1 STATZONE Two of Norwich's three Premier League victories against Tottenham have come away from home, with the Canaries win- ning at White Hart Lane in December 1993 and April 2012. ((( REGIONAL PARTNER ÛY Check Your Û and"

Just seen this via twitter and the talk Norwich City crew:

A little bit of knowledge:
Spurs famous home strip of white shirts and navy/dark blue shorts has been present since the 1898-99 season. Founded in 1882 they remain to be the only non-league club to have won the FA cup, back in 1901, since the football league was founded. They were also the first team to win the League and FA Cup double in the 1960-61 season and then the first British club to win a UEFA Club Competition in 1963 - the European Cup Winners Cup. 

PUPs for the CSF
As is now part of weekly routine - please go check out Rays Funds for the CSF with the PUPs Season 15 Week 17 and help raise some dosh for a great cause. Also, very much worth taking a look at @nutty nigel's post for some more info on how that is changing in terms of part of it's name.

Special shout out this week to @KiwiScot who started the thread earlier in the week - thank you! 

Edited by chicken
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, chicken said:

Place holder... more to come shortly...

Much like Ipswich managers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, The Real Buh said:

3 at the back then

so glad Sargent doesn’t start 

Agreed. This is the kind of game he is probably good for though as a workhorse, but he seems to have zero else about him

Just now, The Real Buh said:

3 at the back then

so glad Sargent doesn’t start 

Absolutely. Great to see Deano tweaking things when they’re not working and rewarding/punishing good/bad performances

• Like 1

Not a huge fan of that line up, guess we are matching them up, but can’t understand why Giannoulis wouldn’t be left wing back. Inverted wing back just kills the balance of the team, we saw it at Everton earlier in the season and Williams consistently struggles with getting forwards (apart from Brentford away) 

Interesting choice, wasn’t expecting him to revert from the 433 that’s largely been successful.

Bit concerned we will get overrun in midfield.

Rupp is unlucky to lose his place IMO.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

Agreed. This is the kind of game he is probably good for though as a workhorse, but he seems to have zero else about him

That's harsh. His positioning and ability to read the game is pretty good too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Interesting line up , tzolis , rupp , sargent , can have no complaints really .

Never thought I'd say this, but I think Rupp can. 

• Like 2

Idah did give Newcastle something to think about when he came on on Tuesday - lets hope he can unsettle the Spurs defence today. Understand bringing back the extra pace of Omobamidele at the back as well. What are we calling the formation then? 5 - 1 - 2 -2? 

• Like 1

Fair play to @king canary (I think) for saying he was thinking three at the back in another thread and I said I thought a back four makes more sense with a new manager and a new-found sense of defensive solidity.

Not sure about no wingers, never liked it when we dont play them. Very interesting giving Idah a chance over Sargent.. Wonder if Dean is sending a message? Love to see Oma back mind. Not that any of this matters as its spurs so the match is a write off anyway but still😂

I think that team makes a lot of sense. I would have had Dimi at LWB, instead, though. I wonder if the selection of Williams suggests it's very much a 5-3-2 rather than a 3-5-2. 

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Fair play to @king canary (I think) for saying he was thinking three at the back in another thread and I said I thought a back four makes more sense with a new manager and a new-found sense of defensive solidity.

Nailed it! 

• Like 1

Playing 3 at the back also allows Aarons a bit more freedom going forward. Outside of Gilmour in that XI he is one of the best creative outlets we have, especially when Rashica is injured, Tzolis doesn't look ready, Cantwell still coming off the back of an injury. Glad to see Idah starting too, hopefully he can put himself about a bit and give Pukki an option to play off, which I think brings out the best in him.

As long as the wing backs push up, I don't have a problem with that formation.

But if they drop deep, and we essentially play with a back five, the midfield is going to get overrun.

13 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I think this is the first Deano team.

Only concern is DM roles

Wouldn't have been had we had the likes of a Skipp in our midsts. Buendia has been a big miss but for me Skippy is a much bigger miss. Don't have to be big and hard to be a DCM but need the ability to read the game and recycle the ball quickly. Skipp has that in abundance.

Surely Idah's inclusion in the starting line-up refutes the rumour of a loan to Forest or is it a very last chance for the boy to reveal his promise?

We seem to have been here before with him. Included with the starters, and with some fanfare, only to disappoint and ultimately return to the fringes for a while.