Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Hugills coming back, while Idahs off to Forest..

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-transfer-rumours-adam-idah-nottingham-forest-8540490

According to the Pink'Un that is. I'm sure many of Hugills admirers will be pleased, after all there are countless numbers of them on here 😉

They’ve started already, he’ll suddenly become a premiership player apparently, he can’t cut it with one of the best teams in the Championship but he’ll be a legend here!

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

The streets will never forget

🎶 everyone seems to know the score

🎶 they’ve seen it all before

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Indy said:

They’ve started already, he’ll suddenly become a premiership player apparently, he can’t cut it with one of the best teams in the Championship but he’ll be a legend here!

That’s not what I said. I compared Hugill to Sargent, and think Hugill is a better option than him. Ideally I’d want us to bring someone in that could do a job better than all our options. Which you know isn’t going to happen because of money. I find it baffling in the summer we didn’t prioritise that position, heap praise on Idah only to not play him and then bring in a “striker” from Bremen who apparently has “potential” but can’t hit a ball into an open goal… 

Farke heaped praise on Hugill and then loaned him out. Farke obviously didn't think Hugill was PL quality.  I'd rather have hernandez back.  Oh, what the heck, bring them both back and keep Idah, then we would be overrun with striking goodness.

3 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

That’s not what I said. I compared Hugill to Sargent, and think Hugill is a better option than him. Ideally I’d want us to bring someone in that could do a job better than all our options. Which you know isn’t going to happen because of money. I find it baffling in the summer we didn’t prioritise that position, heap praise on Idah only to not play him and then bring in a “striker” from Bremen who apparently has “potential” but can’t hit a ball into an open goal… 

Wait is Sargent a winger or striker now? I can hardly keep up

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wide midfielder?

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Can we say we bought him as a “forward” option to cover all bases?!

I can see the benefit of a loan move for Idah, but can't see how we'd re-accommodate Hugill given we'd previously deemed him not good enough at this level. Irrespective of the change in manager. 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-transfer-rumours-adam-idah-nottingham-forest-8540490

According to the Pink'Un that is. I'm sure many of Hugills admirers will be pleased, after all there are countless numbers of them on here 😉

But it's not set in stone as your headline would suggest.

Some hack in the ' Sun on Sunday ' got bored so sent out a bit of clickbait

• Like 1

Hugill's an extremely likeable bloke but he really is pants. The one thing Sargent's got going for him is non-stop pressing & harrying the opposition. Hugill hasn't got that, & he hardly scores either, so I think I'd rather have Josh on balance. 

I suppose you could make a case for Jordan coming on late in a game if we're battering a team 😁 but can't put it away. Pretty unlikely scenario though.

What we really need for that is a Mbokani type player. Now there was a man who could win a match for you out of nothing ...

With a squad full of players who can’t/don’t score goals, we now have the depressing anticipation of adding to that number….

32 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

What we really need for that is a Mbokani type player.

Now you’ve taken me back! you’re right, he was decent as a back up. Remember that ball heel against Liverpool?! Class!

1 hour ago, Danke bitte said:

I wasn’t just aiming at you Danke, and agree that Sargent isn’t the answer either, he’s been playing width for his previous club too, so not really an out and out striker yet. He’s young and needs to gain experience and confidence, but he’s still better than Hugill, just don’t get why anyone would want that cart horse in a premiership squad! We do need another striker come January, might be one from our youth ranks who knows if we don’t have the funds!

• Like 1

Been told that Hernandez is coming back in January, guess with no money available to Smith he needs all the help the club can give him which includes bringing back a couple of loans.

Surely if Onel and Hugill come back they will simply be loaned out somewhere else, they are not going to help our premiership survival battle?

I would expect someone else to come in if Idah went out, it will be interesting to see the plan unfold.  This is why Webber is there.

5 minutes ago, daisy said:

Been told that Hernandez is coming back in January, guess with no money available to Smith he needs all the help the club can give him which includes bringing back a couple of loans.

Not the worst idea, when you consider Rashica’s now out and Tzolis is still raw. Plus Onel has Prem experience. Can’t say I feel particularly over the moon about the notion of there being nothing to spend though.

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

A backward move if this comes off.

I would agree.  Thought Idah looked pretty tasty when he came on against Newcastle, but trust Smith knows what he’s doing.  Assuming there’s any truth in this of course.

I'd be happier with this, Hugill is better than Idah, neither are Premier quality though. Really think we'd need to push the boat out in January for a striker which obviously won't happen. 

Given Idah is starting today, wonder if he’s being given a chance to impress before January or maybe there’s just nothing to this story.

Id rather we spent money in January on someone who’s actually been scoring goals at Championship or similar level on the continent.

Edited by Monty13

How on earth can anyone rate Hugill above Idah! I know it’s all opinions but come on, at least Idah puts in a shift, chases down and has been played out wide most of the times he’s come on. Smith might just get that bit more out of him who knows.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

🙄

In such haste, you failed to read the article and therefore attribute the source incorrectly.

image.png.59dc48493460605ebfcebaa3d63914da.png

Had you read that and clicked on the link (don't, it's the Sun) you'd realise that the Sun on Sunday is the source - so it isn't "according to the Pink'Un. 

30 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'd be happier with this, Hugill is better than Idah, neither are Premier quality though. Really think we'd need to push the boat out in January for a striker which obviously won't happen. 

Idah is 20 and will hit the target more consistently and is faster. Hugill is 29 and has 1 in 16 appearances in the Championship...

As this is from one of the worst sources of "news" in Britain, I'm doubtful this is even accurate. However, I'll predict one thing. If this happens, Hugill will no doubt score fewer than Idah does where-ever he goes on loan to, and then people will bemoan letting the better player go out on loan whilst recalling a "journeyman" over the hill championship at best striker.

23 minutes ago, Indy said:

How on earth can anyone rate Hugill above Idah! I know it’s all opinions but come on, at least Idah puts in a shift, chases down and has been played out wide most of the times he’s come on. Smith might just get that bit more out of him who knows.

Because Idah is utter ****e? 🤷‍♂️

*looks forward to him making me eat my words today *😁

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Because Idah is utter ****e? 🤷‍♂️

*looks forward to him making me eat my words today *😁

Yes he’s certainly not performing yet, but Hugill is just a lazy cart horse with no other part to his game……not much between them but there’s always hope when Idah starts just dread when Hugill does! 🤔😉

Edited by Indy