Sign in to follow this  
RobJames

Idah out on loan in January

Dont get the onel hype. Thought he was either injured or not getting picked.

That said he was one of the few in Project Restart that showed any effort

After last nights performance i dont know any Championship team that would want him.

Dear oh dear. 

I think Idah will end up in a bottom mid champs side eventually. 

As for hugill - a great personality saw him promoted well above his natural level- he’s L1/ L2 standard at best as his last loan shows. Puts himself about but doesn’t score at a higher level - who wants that in a striker?

Sell idah. What does he actually bring to the team? Personal highlight last night from him was such a crap pass he had to retrieve it himself before it went out for a throw in. I've never rated him and don't think I ever will

Nothing we see from Idah, who is getting far more minutes under Smith, changes my opinion that he's a L2 player, and he won't even be that without massively improving his work rate. 

In all honesty this player will never make it at the highest level .

His basic skills are to low and movement for a forward looks poor.

I’ve never been impressed but then who else is there besides Pukki?

Idah just isn't experienced enought for the Premier League yet. He needs a loan in the Championship first, as he's proven he can score the occassional goal there.

Won’t be Gassan

The article says they want to persuade him to play in League 1 but Gassan is currently in League 1 although he’s been utter dross for Pompey and nowhere near their team

I can’t see 5 or 6 clubs chasing Gassan sadly when Portsmouth send him back

• Like 1

Right now hugill will give us atleast as much as sargent and idah, and possibly more, even if just winning free kicks.

Hugill will not benefit ud from a loan but sargent and idah just might.

We are not going to sign a striker unless it's a free or loan, something like a past it defoe, hardworking but goalshy Shane long or failed mcburnie but I could see all 3 improve on what we have

Sargent can run, Hugill can't.... Hugill wouldn't win anything in the air against a EPL centre half and its not our game, he was another scouting blunder of staggering ineptitude and needs getting rid asap.    Rather play Byram up there!    If he did come back in gets in, we may as well give up!

If they aren't going to give Idah plenty of minutes.... lets face it we are down so they may as well, then a Championship loan makes every sense. 

I would call Onel back (if we could) as he's better than Tzolis (atm) and Sargent.    Think we should send Tzolis back to PAOK on loan (assumes they'd have a place for him) just so he can play regular, gain more experience and regain confidence.  

Would only play Williams when Dimi is unavailable.  

Edited by ged in the onion bag

Can someone provide any evidence that Onel would improve us. He's made 17 appearances in Championship for Middlesboro with 1 goal and no assists

That's zero assists for a winger/attacking midfielder in Championship. That to me says he won't improve us

If Tzolis is putting in good shifts in practice to get in the squad then he needs game time to adapt to the Premiership and will only get better (although that's hardly the case for Sargent).   

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Any idea what club would suit idah?

I think Gillingham is a decent call, he needs somewhere he will play lots of football, ideally in a well organised decent football set up.  Personally I was thinking Cambridge, Doncaster, Bolton, or Charlton would be ideal, but Gillingham are similiar and the club needs to want him too.  Gillingham have not got any strikers currently, so it seems ideal.

• Like 1

I would loan out Idah with an eye to next season. He needs experience. Hopefully with a few goals and a bit of confidence he would then be a good prospect for us in the championship.

This season I would bring back Hugill purely on the basis that if we are chasing games throwing on a battering ram style CF is a better option that what else we have on the bench right now

Alan Nixon of The Sun, seems to think the WBA plan, is to send Hugill back to us this month, which I guess makes sense, after their recent signing. Yes I appreciate that it is the "super reliable" Sun newspaper. 

Edited by Top corner

2 minutes ago, Top corner said:

Alan Nixon of The Sun, seems to think the WBA plan, is to send Hugill back to us this month, which I guess makes sense, after their recent signing. 

1 goal in 13 is not a good number for a team aiming for automatic promotion to be fair, and they have brought in their new american striker

17 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He should go play for a greek team maybe Paok where Tzolis and Giannoulis came from. 

1 hour ago, Tzol Machine said:

He should go play for a greek team maybe Paok where Tzolis and Giannoulis came from. 

If they want him and he would play lots of game that would be ideal, although a foreign loan is tricker to arrange for the individual at short notice. 

20 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I can’t see him going anywhere this season myself - especially league 1

It would be too embarrassing for Webber to have backed him as second striker in August in the Premier then sending him to League 1 5 months later.

Maybe next year try to get him a loan in Holland or Belgium like Todd had?

16 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

1 goal in 13 is not a good number for a team aiming for automatic promotion to be fair, and they have brought in their new american striker

It is 1 in 20, stop using Wikipedia for your data. 

5 hours ago, Chichcan said:

Well it was Dickson-Peters so you were right it was a Norwich player

Great move for him I think

It is a great move for him

6 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

It is a great move for him

But what about us? Gillingham in League One is way down in terms of quality from playing PL football but we have NO-ONE capable of scoring goals other than Pukki. TDP has knocked in goals for fun in the U23's so we have zero to lose by giving him some meaningful game time. Crazy decision.

22 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

But what about us? Gillingham in League One is way down in terms of quality from playing PL football but we have NO-ONE capable of scoring goals other than Pukki. TDP has knocked in goals for fun in the U23's so we have zero to lose by giving him some meaningful game time. Crazy decision.

We have Idah, Sargent, Rowe, Pukki, and probably Hugill who are more likely to score than him, not sure it is crazy.

Just now, Newtopia said:

We have Idah, Sargent, Rowe, Pukki, and probably Hugill who are more likely to score than him, not sure it is crazy.

This is a wind up right??!!

Just now, yellowrider120 said:

This is a wind up right??!!

No, Dickson-Peters has not looked like being selected ahead of any of those players, I would be gobsmacked if he is capable of scoring in the premiership without more experience, and it has to be better getting experience on loan than playing for the reserves.