Kathy

Another one bites the dust

5 minutes ago, Helsinki canary said:

Agent Cook will be relieved he doesn’t have to sit on a miserable team bus with a bunch of window lickers for 5hrs 30min one way midweek 

WHAT?!? Their rich American owners haven't stumped up for a private jet?

They have been taken over by a US backed company. There is no real money to be made from promotion to the Championship. Or even the PL. Unless you take what you can in the PL and run. Money can be made from player trading though. Ashton sold ex binner Webster to Brighton for a huge profit. Perhaps that is where the aim is.

1 hour ago, RobJames said:

.................while Farke replaced the squad with his own players. Cook was given the funds to replace the whole squad. By US owners who expect results. Immediately. The binners are waffling on about not sacking. It's not the 'ipswich way'. Their club is no longer the 'ipswich way'.  It is owned by gamechanger. It will get a lot more ruthless than this.

I'm inclined to say that swapping the whole damned lot at once actually makes it harder for the manager as at least when you gradually replace players, there's essentially a team structure in place, you gradually build an identity with players to fit it.

If you just get a whole squad at once then whilst you might have players in mind to fit a certain tactic, you still need time to fine-tune it in matches. So whilst I agree with the second half of your comment, I still think it would be harder in Cook's position with the sheer amount of turnover involved.

You'll get some impressive results in the interim, but the consistency will be lacking. And that was what did for Cook here.

Still, more upheaval for our frenemies. That won't do them much good.

2 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Right, we know the replacement has to be called Paul and they have to have a Norwich City connection. Obviously Paul Warne isn't going to take the huge step down from Rotherham to Ipswich so who will they go for next? 

Paul Peschisolido?  Paul Haylock? 

image.thumb.png.1b1dc07921bc06b163969ca3743ed358.png

• Haha 1

How about Ian Culverhouse?  I know his name is not Paul, but he has worked with someone called Paul, is available, and they won't have to pay much in the way of relocation expenses.....

Can't believe some of them think they will get Lampard 😂 yeah cos he's going to go from a team in the Prem/Champions League to League One isn't he 🤡🤡🤡🤡

2 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Can't believe some of them think they will get Lampard 😂 yeah cos he's going to go from a team in the Prem/Champions League to League One isn't he 🤡🤡🤡🤡

Absolutely mad. Just take a quick look on that grief hole TWTD and they think that Lampard would see them as sleeping giants, that they’re richer than us and could offer him more money (even though we never offered him anything). This coming from the fact that we sold Buendia for more than their entire grotty little club.

I know we all have tinted spectacles when it comes to our team, but my god some of them need psychiatric help.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Didn’t take them long to get rid of their Cook. We’ve had ours for 25 years! 

At least she's done some good for our club

Paul Cook has been relieved of his duties.” = Nothing is mutual here, consent doesn’t feature in this situation, & we are not interested in any pretence of helping the guy out

there is no one lined up to replace Paul” = literally rather have no manager at all for the rest of the season than keep this clown (but happily take the next clown to stumble along and mention our huge,  pendulous history)

"I will communicate more to the media and our supporters on Monday." = Plan…Plan? There was no plan, sir. Tra-la-la, Fly away, Paul! Come back, Paul!

6 hours ago, Willmeister said:

Absolutely mad. Just take a quick look on that grief hole TWTD and they think that Lampard would see them as sleeping giants, that they’re richer than us and could offer him more money (even though we never offered him anything). This coming from the fact that we sold Buendia for more than their entire grotty little club.

I know we all have tinted spectacles when it comes to our team, but my god some of them need psychiatric help.

They are not 'richer' than us, though, are they?

It's all based on borrowed money. Money talked out of naive (American) pension fund managers who were convinced by a DeLorean type character that there was money to be made from "investing" in the professional game in England. They might well own the Moon, but they are still accountable.

'Investing' being the operative word.

They paid a reported £40m, repeat £40m and not £4m (footie supporters talk in monopoly money these days) for a loss-making business which is probably worth nearer 4p as a long-standing financial liability.

They must have spent another £10m so far, to boot, as that gravy train has been loaded with a succession of suits, track-suits and over-paid players all with their fingers in the pie (pension fund.) Now Cook and all his pals need paying off, what a wheeze that was? 

Mr. Soccer might well be able to use his silver tongue to convince the gullible ones that the Cook disaster was a hiccup and that one last push would set them on target, and they could conceivably offer the likes of an (ultimately) greedy Lampard trillions to perform the miracle, but should he/they fail then that there training ground of theirs looks destined for alternative use.

"Sleeping giants?" Come on! It's ITFC we are talking about here. Regular visitors to TWTD will have noted that never a day goes by without some reference or other being made to their glorious history, whether it be concerned with Robson, some of his players or some night in Italy forty odd years ago. It's a consistent theme which never goes away and probably needs psychiatric investigation to be explained in full.

Nevertheless, it provokes such disillusionment exhibited by the proliferation of statements which seriously see no reason why that backwater club should not experience  'European glory once again, and sooner rather than later.'

A sort of return to the 'glory days' are just around the corner, conviction.

The gift that keeps on giving.

Edited by BroadstairsR

10 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

I did notice🤓 that today in the Premier League, the Championship, the many matches of the FA Cup, the Scottish Premier League, Serie A, La Liga and the Bundesliga there was only one 0-0...

...and the NATIONAL LEAGUE, NATIONAL LEAGUE SOUTH, and NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH. That's crazy. Barrow are a force though, it has to be said...or is that a Furnace?

• Haha 1

My understanding is that Eddie Howe has employed a team of lawyers to get him released from his contract at Newcastle. He's even petitioned to change his first name to Paul.

Just spent 30 seconds on their forum - they've got an entire thread suggesting Nuno. "Don't know if he out of our pay grade but..."

😂😂😂

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Just spent 30 seconds on their forum - they've got an entire thread suggesting Nuno. "Don't know if he out of our pay grade but..."

😂😂😂

Although to be fair after Farke was sacked there were some posts here seriously suggesting we could get Lucien Favre...

All joking aside, its difficult to see where they go from here for the best. Perhaps they will go for a foreigner we havent heard of like we did with Farke, but of the known managers I'd probably be tempted by Colin if I was them. 

I genuinely think they havent hit the bottom yet and League 2 is not out of the question.

In the past 25 years they have spent more time in L1, than in the PL.

Edited by RobJames

There's something inherently wrong at that club. They've had a list of managers that have under-performed and should have done much better with the players they had. Cook especially.

You feel the next appointment will be last chance saloon. The new owner has to get this one right.

Hopefully he won't.

Come on, hands up. Which one of you started the TWTDed thread “Some of you are delusional “? 🤣

25 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

There's something inherently wrong at that club. They've had a list of managers that have under-performed and should have done much better with the players they had. Cook especially.

You feel the next appointment will be last chance saloon. The new owner has to get this one right.

Hopefully he won't.

The new owners will not want to hang around. It's looking to be two points a game for a play off place.  Their season could be over in another week or so. Before a new manager is appointed. What then? A zombie half season?