Sign in to follow this  
ABC (A Basingstoke Canary)

Still "little old Norwich"

Amazing how Sky pundits still consider us without much credibility.

Today, Lianne Sanderson had the gall to say on Sky that Newcastle, should be beating the likes of Norwich and despite Brentford's loss to Spurs last night, she doesn't consider Brentford to be a relegation candidate, unlike the Norwich's of the world - caveating that with "no disrespect to Norwich"!

However, we can use those stereo-typical type of observations to stay under the radar, by picking up points gradually, draw with the more fancied teams, and the odd "heroic" efforts at home then we should achieve a "top 17" finish 👍

All the sweeter if we can do what it takes to stay up. We don’t need anyone else backing us, just the players and the fans… I honestly think we can do it 

Well, I mean in some way's she is right. Newcastle are by most merits a pretty big club and fair to say much bigger than us. And they are of course now the richest club in the world and I would argue that while they are very much underperforming they do have a stronger squad than us.

So yes they probably should be beating us.

• Like 3

From a broadcaster perspective who's ploughing millions into the sport, they want showpieces.  So it's no wonder that our self-sustainable model hasn't provided them with a good return.

However, if we can keep this progression on the move I'm sure more neutrals will be interested in watching us and opinions will change.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well, I mean in some way's she is right. Newcastle are by most merits a pretty big club and fair to say much bigger than us. And they are of course now the richest club in the world and I would argue that while they are very much underperforming they do have a stronger squad than us.

Imagine how carried away we would get had we signed Calum Wilson, Ryan Fraser, and St Maximan, our forum would have been on fire

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ABC (A Basingstoke Canary) said:

Today, Lianne Sanderson had the gall to say on Sky that Newcastle, should be beating the likes of Norwich and despite Brentford's loss to Spurs last night, she doesn't consider Brentford to be a relegation candidate, unlike the Norwich's of the world - caveating that with "no disrespect to Norwich"!

However, we can use those stereo-typical type of observations to stay under the radar, by picking up points gradually, draw with the more fancied teams, and the odd "heroic" efforts at home then we should achieve a "top 17" finish 👍

Maybe she should be invited as guest of honor to the celebrations at end of the season when we survive relegation and say thanks for the motivation.

• Haha 1

To be fair, some among us have been known to use the the same kind of expressions when we "should be beating the likes of Luton Town" or whatever and it hasn't panned out that way.

What is more annoying is when pundits pluralise everything. The Norwich's of the world. WTF, there's only one of us! They do it when describing players as well.

Little old Norwich and we will always be so, in the eyes of the glitterati.  You need to suck it up and enjoy it.  Big Fish in the EFL.

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You could argue Sunderland “by rights” should be/are a bigger club than us. But they’re doing an even worse job than Newcastle. We are where we are on merit, everything else is just nostalgia or deluded entitlement.

• Like 2

It's not just the media, an absolute joke that Gerrard has been shortlisted for manager of the month but Smith hasn't. 

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

It's not just the media, an absolute joke that Gerrard has been shortlisted for manager of the month but Smith hasn't. 

None of it matters Hairyo,, we are Norwich , everyone else can F00k off!!

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

None of it matters Hairyo,, we are Norwich , everyone else can F00k off!!

F.E.E.B.N

F@£k everywhere else but Norwich

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

F@£k everywhere else but Norwich

Everywhere,  Everyone.

Edited by Google Bot

7 hours ago, ABC (A Basingstoke Canary) said:

I’d be even more angry  if I had any idea who Lianne Sanderson is . 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I’d be even more angry  if I had any idea who Lianne Sanderson is . 

Isn't she that deaf woman who wanted a room with a view at Fawlty Towers?

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Isn't she that deaf woman who wanted a room with a view at Fawlty Towers?

And what exactly were you expecting to see from the window of a Torquay bedroom? Wildebeasts roaming majestically across the plane ? 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Apart from the fact that they are sh*t!!

9 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Because having richer owners and the same players will somehow make them improve?

I don’t get it. 

2 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

And what exactly were you expecting to see from the window of a Torquay bedroom? Wildebeasts roaming majestically across the plane ? 

It's over there between the land and the sky…

11 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Reminds me of when Wilder was  'Manager of the Season' instead of Farke.