Sign in to follow this  
Canarybee

Parking

Hi new on here, where do Norwich supporters park there cars on evening games.plus on Sunday games,the county hall car park seems to be limited,thanks.

OK I’ll play the game - Rouen Road P&D 

Sometimes a guy turns up with a hot-dog van evenings and other odd KO’s

cross the Friendship Bridge and you are at Retail Central a stones throw from CR

Mines the Green Lambo in the ‘Disabled’

58 minutes ago, Canarybee said:

Hi new on here, where do Norwich supporters park there cars on evening games.plus on Sunday games,the county hall car park seems to be limited,thanks.

Sunday is free for all on residential streets as most restrictions don't apply on Sundays.

I walk in so laugh at your parking woes.

You'd think the club would have come up with some kind of Park and Ride regime for games and events by now given there is no car park associated with Carrow Road any more. 

For the OP, it depends how far you're happy to walk I guess. Riverside Car Park and Rose Lane Car Park are not far away. Personally I'm lucky enough to work in the city so get free parking 

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Sadly only on Saturdays

Im not so sure about evening matches, but would have thought it was open Sundays too. However I may be wrong and respect you have had more experience of their public opening times. 

TBH last time I parked at Castle Mall, it was a bit pricy and a 10-15 minute walk, I spent much longer queuing to try and get into County Hall.

29 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

TBH last time I parked at Castle Mall, it was a bit pricy and a 10-15 minute walk, I spent much longer queuing to try and get into County Hall.

Parked at Castle Mall once, never again.  When I venture to Norwich, it's either Rouen Rd or Rose Lane car parks. I got lost in the Castle Mall CP......

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Im not so sure about evening matches, but would have thought it was open Sundays too. However I may be wrong and respect you have had more experience of their public opening times. 

It seems weird to me too that the Aviva car park is only available to the public on Saturdays. As far as I know the money they get goes to charity so it seems a no-brainer not to open for supporters/shoppers at other times especially as the carriers are automatic and there's no car parking staff on site.

Perhaps they take the view that street parking is free during evenings and Sundays.

It is what it is...

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Parked at Castle Mall once, never again.  When I venture to Norwich, it's either Rouen Rd or Rose Lane car parks. I got lost in the Castle Mall CP......

If you're not looking for a flying getaway after the match the Aviva staff car park tucked just off Queen's Rd on King's Lane is your best bet. Multi storey and plenty of space if you can get there early.

It's just £2 but only open on Saturdays

4 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

It seems weird to me too that the Aviva car park is only available to the public on Saturdays. As far as I know the money they get goes to charity so it seems a no-brainer not to open for supporters/shoppers at other times especially as the carriers are automatic and there's no car parking staff on site.

Perhaps they take the view that street parking is free during evenings and Sundays.

It is what it is...

I use the staff /  ground floor there, and that is available evenings and Sundays. Up until recently it was manned by a man onsite- but more recently the access buzzer has been picked up by someone centrally 

I get it for evening games, they dont want to delay securing the car park if lots of casuals / non staff are there. 

Could work on a Sunday the same as Saturdays though, I agree. 

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Aviva car park is open to general public only on Saturdays. Staff only on Sundays and evenings.

• Thanks 1