Robert Barnes

Points in Dec

Sun 05 (A) Tottenham Hotspur - 1 pt
    Sat 11 (H) Manchester United - 0 pts
    Tue 14 (H) Aston Villa - 7.45pm - 3 pts
    Sat 18 (A) West Ham United - 0 pts
    Sun 26 (H) Arsenal - 0 pts
    Tue 28 (A) Crystal Palace - 3pts

We NEED to get some surprise results, 6 or 7 points will only get us to where the likes of Leeds and Brentford are right now, somehow our points total needs to start with a 2 by the end of the month. 

I think if leave with 7 points or more that would be a real result,  My gut is saying 4.  Palace and Villa games are huge, but Palace are exactly the sort of side who normally will just brush us off, and then the Villa game, that just has an Emi winner written all over it.

I am actually optimistic about the Man U, Tottenham, and Arsenal games, perhaps we will not win, but we should be able to make it tough for them.

West Ham are a team of absolute units, I really have no idea how our guys will match up against them, I expect badly but sometimes those games surprise me.

On 02/12/2021 at 19:31, Making Plans said:

As there are 2 identical threads on this, will we get double the points predicted?

QUICK! Start another dozen.... we may secure a Champions League Spot! 😂

• Haha 1

We really need two wins in this run. A couple of additional draws would be a bonus. I'll go for 6 points from Villa and Arsenal. And a point from Palace. (But I'm not even convincing myself!)

• Haha 1

I can't see us getting more than 2 points from those next 6. A couple of draws. It's going to be a tough December. I hope I'm horribly wrong though.

Optimistically, I'd say 8 or 9. I think we've got a chance in our home games as United and Arsenal are still misfiring a bit under pressure, although Arsenal did have a great run until Liverpool tore the rug out from under them, then United scraped past them. Away to West Ham looks like "no chance" and if Spurs turn up we're not much chance there either.

Realistically, I think we might just squeak past Villa and nick a draw at Palace, so 4.

I'm sure we are capable of points, whoever we play against so I think 6 points would be a reasonable tally for December, a point a game. One win three draws....or two wins maybe - and if we can get points early on, that should help confidemce to get more points. As always, the next game is the most important and if we can get something tomorrow, it looks better and better.

6 points isn't enough, I keep saying this, we need shock wins anything less than 10 in December will all but relegate us. That's not me being pessimistic just the reality of where we are and why those 2 dropped points at Newcastle are massive. 

Somehow WE HAVE to get 4 points from Spurs and United. 

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

We NEED to get some surprise results, 6 or 7 points will only get us to where the likes of Leeds and Brentford are right now, somehow our points total needs to start with a 2 by the end of the month. 

Can’t see that happening to be honest, max I can see us taking is 8-9 points which still leaves us shy of your target.

We need to beat Villa and Palace (not that easy, especially Palace) then also beat one of the other 4 and pick up at least one draw. While it’s possible it would be a pretty incredible run of results for us.