dylanisabaddog

Derby on the brink?

4 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Sounds like another club in desperate need of a stinking rich Chinese owner 

image.jpeg.579258bb05114ae538302a1f56708902.jpeg

where are youuu?

lets me havin’ you!!

come onnn!!

You watch Derby ride this storm and come out of this with the wealthiest owners in the world and be upper mid table prem in two or three years. Only in football!!!

1 hour ago, Coneys Knee said:

You watch Derby ride this storm and come out of this with the wealthiest owners in the world and be upper mid table prem in two or three years. Only in football!!!

No.

Realistically though I can't see this being resolved quickly. The administrators would obviously like it to be, as they're having to borrow money to keep the club afloat, but I'd imagine the creditors would want to string it out to January and force the administrators to sell players in the January window to raise some funds.

But as I posted earlier, the club doesn't have many playing assets, with only seven players being in contract past 2022. Bielik's had two major injuries in the last two years, so his contract looks like a massive liability. Tom Lawrence and Graeme Shinnie are out of contract in the summer, so only real assets are the talented youngsters like Max Bird, Louie Sibley, Jason Knight and Liam Thompson and the Polish international Jozwiak .  

Their best case is that somehow the debtors miraculously agree to only taking 25%, but with the footballing creditors needing to be paid in full (and ) it's still a debt of £22+m that needs to be paid,, with questions around the ownership ground and the remaining playing squad.

Wigan took months to be sold (think it was around eight months in the end July 2020 - Mar 2021) and they were arguably in a better financial position as they at least owned their own ground.

Situation is silly. Considering the vast amounts of money involved in football, if Derby survive as a club they will one day be in a position to pay this money back. There absolutely should be no cancelling of debt but definitely deferral. 

We've seen the kind of figures that we have been able to sell players for. It's quite plausible that at some point in Derby's future they are going to sell a player for many millions, and when they do such a debt can be paid. Allowing them to go out of business (or respawn as Derby Incognito) benefits absolutely no-one. Football will be popular for at least the next 50 years I think we can be certain in saying, so the government should assume such debt (as it is in the public interest for them to do so as Derby are of huge importance to the football community) and allow this money to be paid back in the future.

On 02/12/2021 at 20:43, dylanisabaddog said:

In 6 weeks they designed computer systems to handle furlough and payments to the self employed. Those systems worked from day one and have never gone wrong despite the fact that the staff concerned did it from home. What a stupid pathetic comment. 

When you say their systems 'worked' from day one what you actually mean us that they paid out to pretty much everyone who asked and that included billions to fraudsters who have long since made off with their ill-gotten gains leaving taxpayers nursing a massive loss - I don't think that is the definition of 'worked from day one' that we were hoping for.

They are on their way to the 'elephants graveyard'. L1. A place where mismanaged, debt ridden clubs end up. Sheff Weds, Pompey, Bolton, Sunderland and the binners.