Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Could we send back some loanees? Or recall some?

Just trying to be pragmatic here, but if we don't have cash sitting there for permanent signings, could we go back to the drawing board and reconfigure a bit?

Williams is clearly a talented player, but so is Giannoulis, could McCallum or Mumba fill the void left by Williams and free up a loan spot?

I doubt we can terminate Kabak without financial penalty unfortunately as we have the future fee which is triggered if we stay up.

If we can find £11m down the back of the sofa, might it make sense to try and make the Normann transfer permanent (rumoured fee which is triggered if we survive) to free up a loan spot, rather than spending that £11m on another player? If Normann can be persuaded I think we all want him to stay don't we?

And surely if we're resorting to pumping balls into the box for the last 5 to desperately try and find an equaliser or winner (Lambert-esque) then surely Hugill off the bench isn't a terrible idea in the Wilbrahimovic "we know that you aren't very good but just try and get your head on things" sense? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Technicaly in transfer window is possible to recall or terminate loan.

I'm sure DM know if not added somehow new striker we are without chance to stay with only Teemu scoring time to time is not enough imo.

38 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Just trying to be pragmatic here, but if we don't have cash sitting there for permanent signings, could we go back to the drawing board and reconfigure a bit?

Williams is clearly a talented player, but so is Giannoulis, could McCallum or Mumba fill the void left by Williams and free up a loan spot?

I doubt we can terminate Kabak without financial penalty unfortunately as we have the future fee which is triggered if we stay up.

If we can find £11m down the back of the sofa, might it make sense to try and make the Normann transfer permanent (rumoured fee which is triggered if we survive) to free up a loan spot, rather than spending that £11m on another player? If Normann can be persuaded I think we all want him to stay don't we?

And surely if we're resorting to pumping balls into the box for the last 5 to desperately try and find an equaliser or winner (Lambert-esque) then surely Hugill off the bench isn't a terrible idea in the Wilbrahimovic "we know that you aren't very good but just try and get your head on things" sense? 

Hugill has a grant total of 1 goal for Albion this season. Their fans think he’s shocking and hope he’s sent back in January. Other than Pukki we have no one else really chipping in. Cantwell could be useful but that’s another story. 

23 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Drmic or Hugill is quite a choice. It’s like being on death row and choosing between the electric chair or gas chamber. 

oooh!   its all getting rather desperate!   Well put!

Edited by ged in the onion bag

25 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Drmic or Hugill is quite a choice. It’s like being on death row and choosing between the electric chair or gas chamber. 

Point is....I'm a lethal injection man myself.....

Don't think we have an issue with foreign loan spots and pretty sure Norman won't want to turn his move permanent at this stage. A lot of rumours in the summer that he didn't want a permanent move to us. 

It's the prem loans we're only allowed 2 off.