Ramrod

I honestly don't understand the moaning.

4 hours ago, 1902 said:

Agree with this, but to add another level of context.

Look at the age of the three who didn't play well. Unfortunately this was a game where you might have needed some experience, it's highly pressurised, in a big stadium and when youre expected to win. It's something they will need to learn how to deal with.

Yeah, I'd agree with that 👍

We played 81 mins against 10 men who are bottom of the league and failed to get all 3 points... I'd say people are entitled to moan a bit... where is Lakey to buck our ideas up with a upbeat look at things? 

It seems a bit idiotic to not understand the moaning when you put lastnight into context. Newcastle are an extremely poor side who concede or fun yet we barely created anything against them with ten men for 80 odd minutes and we only looked like scoring in the last ten minutes. If anything the team with 10 men looked more dangerous than we did for most of the game. 

Edited by Alex

55 minutes ago, Satriales said:

It was tough to watch, not enjoyable at all. I was well happy when they got a red card but you have to wonder how we would have played if it was 11v11 the whole game, I actually feel their red card bamboozled our players. 

Aye; playing ten men doesn't really make it any easier to score, it mainly makes it harder for the other team to. Packed defence, siege mentality, and we couldn't just pile more men forward with gay abandon because Newcastle still had dangerous pacey players on the break. 

• Like 2

A team with 10 men doesn't take defenders off they they take attacking players off. We still have to play through two banks of four.

On another night we could have won the game. The goal was a gift from the referee and served to energize them at a crucial stage.

I'm not unhappy with the result. An away draw is never a disaster. Crucially we denied them a win.

Tzolis got a decent run out and will have learned something from the experience and Idah in a 442 looked interesting. 

• Like 2

Personally, I loved that Pukki goal. It's moments like that we have to savour and enjoy, not dwell on the not so good bits!

Prior to Brentford, if 8 points out of the next 12 were offered, every single Norwich fan would've taken it. Really enjoyed these last 4 games!

11 hours ago, CDMullins said:

Not moaning,

Just some context.

We played the bottom of the league who played with a man less for 91 minutes.

It wasn't a dominating display and we created 2/3 chances 

We very nearly could have come away with nothing.

I think the general point of the post was that we didn’t and did well to fashion a point 

Since when has disappointment become moaning. There isn't a poster who wasn't happy with a point and a goal. But the disappointment is that we let what would appear to have been a gilt edged chance go by last night. We just aren't scoring enough goals and we can blame our strikers but last night, we didn't create enough solid chances.

We would have lost this game under Farke. 

There are promising signs under Smith - he is very pragmatic during matches and so far his changes during games have had an impact. 

I think there is probably a bit too much emphasis on who we played last night, we've just churned out three pretty good performances so for a team of our quality/stature we were bound to chuck a duffer in at some point, particularly with two key players missing. We dug in and move on to the next one, no need for inquests or hanging players out to dry IMO.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

I think there is probably a bit too much emphasis on who we played last night, we've just churned out three pretty good performances so for a team of our quality/stature we were bound to chuck a duffer in at some point, particularly with two key players missing. We dug in and move on to the next one, no need for inquests or hanging players out to dry IMO.

Exactly this . Move on to the next one.

Social Media  or Fickle Media.

14 hours ago, CDMullins said:

Not moaning,

Just some context.

We played the bottom of the league who played with a man less for 91 minutes.

It wasn't a dominating display and we created 2/3 chances 

We very nearly could have come away with nothing.

Also,  we looked completely disjointed. Whenever a player had the ball, it seemed they didn't know what to do with it. Too many stray passes. Players struggled to link up. Poor first touches.

The only moment of real quality was Pukki's goal.

Reality on the season..17th place is our Everest, lets face it.  Think of it as 20th place being base camp, 19th Camp one and 18th Camp two with 17th as the Summit. After 10 games we were rooted in Base Camp, not really looking to want to leave it at all. But the last 4 games we did leave  Base and hauled ourselves up to Camp one. But here on in Everest gets steeper and steeper and the task of reaching Summit on the 38th attempt is going to be a mammoth one.

Table starts to take shape by 13-14 games, even Watford in 17th and consequently all above them are averaging  a point or above a game..take that form to the end and the team  17th will probably have 38-40 points..so realistically City will need at least 28-30 points from the final 24 games...meaning, if we cant get anything from the Liverpools, Chelsea's and Man Citys...we are going to have to get a fair few wins from the likes of Everton, Palace, West Ham etc as well as lower teams than those.

Task is herculean and i dont see it happening. Yet, im not going to moan, if City continue to improve from the awful first 10 games, even with relegation, at least we want to see us go down fighting...and though its still relegation...an  18th or 19th finish would still be an improvement from 2 seasons back. Last night our defence was ok..but yea...ponderous and slow with no urgency going forward...but Deano knows that and said so..lets see a reaction the next game or two..against big clubs so nothing to lose.

• Like 1

We played a motivated Newcastle side with their fans theoretically up for it seeing Howe for the first time, and defensively they got fairly little out of us despite the power and pace of Saint-Maximin, who is a definite candidate for "best player outside the top six" on his game. Ultimately, we played badly and got an away point, and if you'd asked most of us before the game, we'd have probably taken a point.

Someone said the red card threw us, I would agree with that. I'd also argue the Giannoulis substitution could have come earlier, but he seemed to come on just after Saint-Maximin came off, I think so Smith was probably thinking "get Williams to nullify their main attacker".

If we'd been braver it could and should have been three points, but considering we had to come from behind, something we've not generally done, I'll take the point happily enough and move on.

Yes it was a tad dissapointing but we were missing 3 (if you include the boy Cantwell) of our most creative players.

The sending off did us no favours & the penalty was unfortunate bordering on dodgy.

Going 1-0 up gave Newcastle a boost and I thought we were going to lose.

That would have been disasterous but we came back for a point and could have easily had all 3.

I'm looking at the early kick off's tonight.

Brighton, who are already losing, are currently 9th with 18 points, as are Manure.

We are only 8 points/3 wins behind them and there are 11 of teams between us them, none of which are putting together winning runs.

At the moment none of those 11 teams above us are uncatchable.

We are unbeaten in 4 and we are one of the better form teams in the table from 8th position down.

Jesus, this is dreamland from were we were a month ago.

We are not going to win every game, there will be more games like last night, we will lose to teams we expect to beat but win against teams we expect to lose.

We have 24 games left.

We can absolutely 100% do this.

Edited by Making Plans

Shearer called the red card challenge stupid. Had Pukki gone through he'd have scored, he's bang in form, crowd would have turned and I bet we'd have gone on to win it. 

Instead we got complacent, slow and scraped a draw. Disappointing. But it was a draw. Just feels like a loss. 

4 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Yes it was a tad dissapointing but we were missing 3 (if you include the boy Cantwell) of our most creative players.

The sending off did us no favours & the penalty was unfortunate bordering on dodgy.

Going 1-0 up gave Newcastle a boost and I thought we were going to lose.

That would have been disasterous but we came back for a point and could have easily had all 3.

I'm looking at the early kick off's tonight.

Brighton, who are already losing, are currently 9th with 18 points, as are Manure.

We are only 8 points/3 wins behind them and there are 11 of teams between us them, none of which are putting together winning runs.

At the moment none of those 11 teams above us are uncatchable.

We are unbeaten in 3 and we are one of the better form teams in the table from 8th position down.

Jesus, this is dreamland from were we were a month ago.

We are not going to win every game, there will be more games like last night, we will lose to teams we expect to beat but win against teams we expect to lose.

We have 24 games left.

We can absolutely 100% do this.

I'm glad your making plans🙂💯👏👏. We can do it for sure.

There is some serious happy clapping going on right here. We were awful last night, but despite that we could still have won if not for referreeing inconsistency.

So Im mad that we played the worst team in the division, bottom of the form table, who had a player less for almost the entire game yet we created next to nothing and didnt look close to winning. What more do we need to buy a win? Blindfold them?

What would you all be saying if that performance had come from Farke? You'd all be baying for his blood.

Im not criticizing the manager. Im saying the players arent good enough.

Edited by The Great Mass Debater

6 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

we were bound to chuck a duffer in at some point,

I can’t say I saw my dad come on at any point in the game?!?

The best thing about the draw was that we kept Newcastle from getting another 2 points.

It is disappointing that our chances against wolves didn't get us the result and that against Newcastle we could not muster enough shots to really trouble the keeper until the 2nd half. Even then we had great chances to put the game away and we didn't take them.

This is that run of games to get us back in contention and we are just about there but could gave been further up the table. We are learning, adapting and have new leadership that can steer us onwards. I believe we will be stronger for this run and that we need another win soon so that we consistently pick up points and wind throughout the season, just ticking over.

It just feels great opportunities missed and that we are learning a lot about some players. Let's hope thise that have missed some girl winning chances, rupp and PLM do not miss any other chances that fall at their feet 

• Like 1