Sign in to follow this  
matt crowhurst

research

hi im curretly carrying out some researh for my degree and would like to explore why people think we are underacheiving this season. do you blame the chairwoman, the board, the manager, the players, the fans for unrealistic expectations or indeed something else. please could people let me know what they think and why they think this but no offensive or rude language as this cannot be used

thank you

What do I think?  I think that you have the best summer ahead of you, you lucky g*t.  Doing your research dissertation on the City?  Nice move, Matt.

You should get yourself down to Carra Rud and get an interview with the honcho''s down there, then come back on here and tell us all what they said...

matt,

been there, done that and sympathise, but all your answers are on the pages and pages of this very message board. dont expect me to spoon feed you, whilst you sit in the pub you tax dodger!!!! You could always get cold and stand outside the ground and talk to people, or go in the pubs which is exactly where most of my research was carried out! Good Luck

1) poor management and an unambitious board

2) the wrong style of football - we should have been passing it not hoofing it

3) poor purchases - so far very few of his permanent deals have come good and most of the money spent wasted on extremely poor failing players

4) too small a squad - a couple of injuries in midfield and we are suddenly playing left backs their most of the season

5) letting some decent pros leave unreplaced - good championship players have been foolishly released for a pittance in recent times(Malky, eddy, Svenny)

6) not having a right hand side - we are far too imbalanced, even marney did notlook like a proper right sided player..  I am not even going to mention Right Back

7) failure to give youth a chance - we have brought in loan players whom have done no better than an equivalent youth player

8) too many loans - even when we had the impressive parker and granville on loan in the hamilton era results didnt improve

9) poorly picked teams - Simon charlton retaining his central midfield slot when other actual Central midfielders were fit.  His Misuse of McVeigh.